• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ICBC is now offering 3.15% on its FD!!!!!!!

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1661662556872.png

https://shrtcô.de/rkb6Bd

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong banks are highly risky. They even cheat their own citizens. I would strongly advise against depositing large amounts with them. Don't be too greedy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait till ALL the Tiong banks get globally sanctioned, and their overseas outlets all suddenly close shop like those fly-by-night tuition centres, nail salons or travel agencies.

The magic word you need to remember: DECOUPLING. Chinese word: 脱钩

Even the official Tiong propaganda news is starting to bark about this topic. You know they're nervous. :cool:

Why "decoupling from China" is doomed to fail
2022-08-27

https://english.news.cn/20220827/dd95770b8eef42eb98f7411aa3ab8afc/c.html

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember nothing is free in this world (other than some secret ones that I have discovered)
For this above the norm % means you must buy toxic product from them.
The standard ICBC fd is currently at 2.35% for 12 months deposit.

Be clear minded.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deposits in Singapore are guaranteed up to $75k. I've been enjoying more than 3.5% interest on my Chinese banks deposits for more than 2 years.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deposits in Singapore are guaranteed up to $75k. I've been enjoying more than 3.5% interest on my Chinese banks deposits for more than 2 years.
Any idea the $75k pokay is to 1 name for any number of accounts or 75k for every account for that name ? Some people have multiple accounts and deposits.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea the $75k pokay is to 1 name for any number of accounts or 75k for every account for that name ? Some people have multiple accounts and deposits.

$75k per individual regardless of number of accounts under the same bank; even if different branches. Therefore, you should spread your money across different banks; up to $75k each. Usually state owned banks are typically safe but we don't have these anymore; PAP has privatised POSB/DBS.

You can also move your money overseas. US banks are guaranteed up to $250k USD.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The S$75k guarantee is only applicable to banks which have officially declared and gone bust. Otherwise, you can wait long long to claim that S$75k. There are many means whereby the banks can withhold your deposits and forbid any withdrawals without declaring bankruptcy. In this case, you can only lan lan and wait for an amicable outcome.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has this been updated? :unsure:

Singapore says to guarantee all bank deposits​

OCTOBER 16, 2008
https://www.reuters.com/article/singapore-deposits-idINSIN3087720081016

Singapore will guarantee all local and foreign currency deposits in banks, finance companies and investment banks operating in the city-state with immediate effect, the government said on Thursday.

The guarantee will be backed by S$150 billion ($101.4 billion) of government reserves and will remain in place until Dec 31, 2010, according to a joint statement by the Ministry of Finance and the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tiongs very hard up for usd. will give it a higher interest rate than any other currencies, especially their own cny or rmb. due to high demand by tiongs for usd, cny hits the psychological and prc control barrier of 6.9cny to 1usd.