• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I see PAP MP very Tu-Lan - court heard

Fiery_Arson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Pek should had more balls like the hero Sir Ong he admire.:wink:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20090317/tap-951-man-allegedly-threatened-mp-says-231650b.html

Man who allegedly threatened MP says he wouldn’t dare hurt her

Channel NewsAsia
Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, March 18

SINGAPORE: The rag—and—bone man who is accused of threatening to cause hurt to Jalan Besar GRC Member of Parliament Denise Phua took the witness stand on Tuesday to give his account of the incident.
ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Ng Kim Ngweng said he only wanted to complain about his MP and would not dare to hurt Ms Phua.

When Mr Ng read the news reports a day after Yio Chu Kang MP Seng Han Thong was torched, he shook his head and laughed.

"It’s a serious offence," said Mr Ng. "I thought the assailant was too courageous. I wouldn’t dare to do it. To me, he’s steady. He’s a hero."

Giving his account for the first time, Mr Ng said that after reading the news reports, he felt that some MPs were not helping their residents enough.

Mr Ng then took out a phone book and began looking for the prime minister’s number as he wanted to complain about his MP.

"I wanted to let him know how come people wanted to hit their MP," he said. But Mr Ng claimed that he would not have followed in the footsteps of Mr Seng’s assailant, Ong Kah Chua.

"In Singapore we can’t do this," said Mr Ng. "I wanted to go by the proper channels."

The 49—year—old then made calls to the Istana and REACH hotline on January 12, and he allegedly threatened to cause hurt to Ms Phua.

He allegedly told customer service officer Tan Chia Yong in Mandarin: "I cannot take this anymore and I don’t know what I’ll do one day, I can’t be sure on that ... How can you not hit her? I get angry when I see her, so how can I not hit her?"

Mr Ng was the first defence witness to be called to the stand after the prosecution closed its case on Monday. He broke down when asked about his family. Mr Ng, who has two children, said his son was staying at a boarding school.

When asked to elaborate by defence lawyer Goh Siok Leng, who was assigned to him under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, Mr Ng bowed his head. In a choked voice, he said: "Because of financial problems, his principal let him stay in boarding school."

Mr Ng claimed he only received S$200 from his Community Development Council and wanted to lodge a complaint against Ms Phua, saying he had received insufficient financial assistance.

But the MP testified last Friday that she had made about ten applications for financial aid on his behalf.

As of January, he received S$200 a month, a S$35 monthly service conservancy subsidy and a medical card. Through Ms Phua’s appeal, his family had also received financial help from the Kampong Glam welfare fund and bursary fund.

But Mr Ng claimed Ms Phua did not help him recently, which led him to "voice out his feelings" against his MP.

The hearing continues.

— CNA/so