• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I had not voiced any reservation about BG Tan of Marine Parade GRC. Why?

Man On The Street

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any general worth their salt will never go into politics. Refer - Colin Powell. They are military men and they die a military man, true to their cause and not affiliated to any party or any gov't faction.

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in his facebook. He is good. Good in the sense that his PR skills are solid. He does not sound fake or condescending. Now whether he is putting on an act as he is a newbie in the political scene remains to be seen. Remember VB, who started out being for the people, now he is the no.3 attack dog, only behind MBT and WKS. Amongst the 3rd generation, he is the premier attack dog. He is like Anakin Walker...

TCJ in my opinion is a very polished player, indeed much better than his colleague, Mr KeeChiew CCS... But for all we know, his heart could be darker, colder than CCS by 1000 times. Someone in this forum wrote recently no good dog ever came from a bad master. Serving PAP, how much good can he do? Conversely, given his innate abilities and all powerful PAP platform, how much damage can he inflict on us is limitless. Fuck suddenly, I feel like I am in Star Wars and we are all the EWOKS getting our ass raped!!!!

Same sentiments.. + 1 he even had single falling head over heels for him during his previous appointment as chairman of a certain NDP. The lady stalker even made a blog to track his movements.... charming... ~

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Passing of an Age?
by Tan Chuan-Jin on Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 8:32pm

MM Lee Kuan Yew has always been at the forefront in playing a key role for Singapore. SM Goh Chok Tong was the PM who ushered in a more open and consultative style of governance. They have both continued to provide guidance and have brought their weight and influence to bear in helping us maintain our presence on the world stage.

There are no leaders in the world who are perfect, nor any Government.

But do pause to consider their contributions and the difference they have made. For all of us. And for our future.

What is perhaps saddest of all is that there will be those who will rejoice...and who will hurl abuse. But that is the right of any citizen to do so isn't it?

You know, it is not about white-washing nor about being pro or against the PAP. Nor do I have issue with those who are unhappy with what SM or MM may have done.

It is about how we respond. I think this will be a reflection of the kind of society we want to build.

For me...it is with a very heavy heart that I have to witness what I think is the passing of an age.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the best debate or change agent cannot do much if the top does not want change. Problem here is more change = more transparency = more accountability.

Many of the current policies are tough to defend - high minister's pay, withholding of upgrading funds for opp wards, how many citizens and separately how many are PR, breakdown of selling price of new HDB flat, why is HC running Temasek. These are things that even the best debater cannot do much

So unless they change from the top ......

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.sinzer.com/bbs/attachments/291_Wg14IxiIaZEe.jpg

291_wg14ixiiazee.jpg

十大元帅!!! :d

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He looks like a General. He looks like a man. I think unless stifled, tripped or plain junked into the back burner, he is the PAP man to watch. I am trusting my instinct. I am not trying to sabo him.

U know what a general looks like? That's amazing, do u know what a serial rapist looks like too? Ever heard of Omar Bradley? He looked like a nerd with his spectacles and all that. Yet, one of the greatest generals in WW2. This guy's just a another PAP fuck puppy, who has stated that one of his best memories and proudest achievement in the SAF was being appointed chairman for the 2009 NDP! Can you fucking believe that? Real generals are proud of the battles they won, not a paarde that they ran. If he considered himself to be a real fighting man, he should have declined the appointment to run the NDP in 2009.

It was this deep sense of pride that BG Tan sought to infuse into the National Day Celebrations when he was appointed Chairman of the 2009 National Day Parade (NDP) Executive Committee, "For me, the primary challenge was how to create opportunities for Singaporeans to reflect on what Singapore means to them and why they are proud to be Singaporeans

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Any general worth their salt will never go into politics. Refer - Colin Powell. They are military men and they die a military man, true to their cause and not affiliated to any party or any gov't faction.

Not true, many great generals have gone on to political office, eg. George Washington, Charles De Gaulle, Eisenhower, etc.