• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I got a PRC citizenship for my baby daughter

Suana

My daughter is 2 years now. My decision is correct, we have progress well and we will continue here. Only time will reveal the truth.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Th Singapore govt allows minors to hold dual citizenship until the age of 21. Chinese govt does not interfere until you do something silly. The current practice amongts PRCs after getting their citizenship is to send back the pregnant wife to give birth in China to enjoy both options.

It is also common among Govt scholars to plan to have their kids while they do post grad in 1str world countries. Many of them have dual citizenship for their children.

Its a good thing that you wrote to this forum. The world is getting global and its better have options. Govt seldom put things in black and white to avoid abuse.

Apply for the Singapore citizenship to enjoy dual status especially as she is a girl and not a boy in view of NS.

My daughter can get her Singapore passport anytime before 1 year old. If we apply her citizenship after 1 year old, we have to write in to explain.

Getting a PRC citizenship is more difficult because there is no immigration policy unless very special grant by the central government.

My daughter can still apply for Singapore PR through education or working in Singapore when she grow up (in fact she may chose to go elsewhere, not only Singapore). If we don't arrange her PRC citizenship now, she will not be eligible later on.

Many people think of having dual citizenship at the same time but it is NOT ALLOWED by either government. Furthermore if she revoke her citizenship at age 21, she will not be able to enter Singapore for whatever reasons for the rest of her life.

Singapore and China government just agree to exchange data base. I think ICA subsequently will be very busy interviewing those people having dual citizenship.

I also wonder 50 years from now when the sea level rises 1.5m due to global warming, where should Singaporeans stay? Should we squeeze together at Bukit Timah Hill, Torlong Bangka Hill or Redhill? I think my daughter will be fortunate to choose where to stay in mainland China.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
My daughter can get her Singapore passport anytime before 1 year old. If we apply her citizenship after 1 year old, we have to write in to explain.

Getting a PRC citizenship is more difficult because there is no immigration policy unless very special grant by the central government.

Spot on !.. Ask any PRCs here in Melbourne.. most will tell you that they do not see the need to apply Aust citizenship and PRC citizenship is worth a gold to them..

The Chinese declared openly .." 爱国不爱党"..
in SG, the sinkies "不爱党也不爱国" - becoz of its policies and the PAP's govt ? Hmm..

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking of doing something similar with my family. Send kids to primary school in China, Sec in Singapore, High school in Australia, then eventually, Europe or America for University. Hopefully, the kid is smart enough to learn German or French.

Th Singapore govt allows minors to hold dual citizenship until the age of 21. Chinese govt does not interfere until you do something silly. The current practice amongts PRCs after getting their citizenship is to send back the pregnant wife to give birth in China to enjoy both options.

It is also common among Govt scholars to plan to have their kids while they do post grad in 1str world countries. Many of them have dual citizenship for their children.

Its a good thing that you wrote to this forum. The world is getting global and its better have options. Govt seldom put things in black and white to avoid abuse.

Apply for the Singapore citizenship to enjoy dual status especially as she is a girl and not a boy in view of NS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its best to send your kids in the early years to a western country where the need to work both sides of the brain is important. Things like creativity, the ability to articulate, confidence, proper speech pattern etc comes into play.

Its too late to send them when they have reached 12 years of age. Aim for the US or UK for tertiary, preferably the US.

I'm thinking of doing something similar with my family. Send kids to primary school in China, Sec in Singapore, High school in Australia, then eventually, Europe or America for University. Hopefully, the kid is smart enough to learn German or French.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its best to send your kids in the early years to a western country where the need to work both sides of the brain is important. Things like creativity, the ability to articulate, confidence, proper speech pattern etc comes into play.

Its too late to send them when they have reached 12 years of age. Aim for the US or UK for tertiary, preferably the US.

Wahahah just a pipe dream lah. I think when I have kids, most likely the mum won't let them go at such an early age. I've been studying how my friends are raising kids here. Only speak Mandarin to them at home here while the kindy takes care of the English.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahahah just a pipe dream lah. I think when I have kids, most likely the mum won't let them go at such an early age. I've been studying how my friends are raising kids here. Only speak Mandarin to them at home here while the kindy takes care of the English.

We speak Mandarin to our little precious from 0-4yrs old.. thereafter we started the English lesson with him & also the kindi.. Now he openly declared he hates Chinese but continue to speak Mandarin to us at home. hehe.

We have yet to teach him read and write Chinese. We prefer him to concentrate on his English and Math for scholarship reasons.. Guess he scored 100 marks for both in his weekend class.. Daddy-axe is so proud :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
We speak Mandarin to our little precious from 0-4yrs old.. thereafter we started the English lesson with him & also the kindi.. Now he openly declared he hates Chinese but continue to speak Mandarin to us at home. hehe.

We have yet to teach him read and write Chinese. We prefer him to concentrate on his English and Math for scholarship reasons.. Guess he scored 100 marks for both in his weekend class.. Daddy-axe is so proud :wink:

I remember the same while studying Chinese in Primary school. I suppose it takes time to appreciate the language. How you teaching them Hokkien,Canton,Hakka?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the same while studying Chinese in Primary school. I suppose it takes time to appreciate the language. How you teaching them Hokkien,Canton,Hakka?

I teach him canto leh.. still not too bad lah.. yup, they'll appreciate the language.

pohchuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a reminder:

PRC citizenship comes with red communist colour. Add Communism with feudalism and seniority based systems, and what have you got? A rigid stiff upper lips with a non compromise stance that trample on individuals rights.

I would give a miss to PRC citizenship, but to each his own. Good luck to you.