• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I finally understood why Tin Pei Ling is being selected for this Election.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tin Pei Ling is a guinea pig. She's 27yo, doesn't have much experience, doesn't have an impressive academic record. Why her? Because of her age at 27yo.

The passing on of the Baton from LKY to LHL. If the baton from LHL is passed down indirectly by accepting another young PAP member with the surname Lee, it would create a major uproar. Which Lee?

The one lah. That one lah. I must make it so clear meh? It's the one who did not go through the chain of command and reported the AWOL of a fellow Lieutenant in army camp. You all forgotten? What's his age now?

Accepting him in right now would create a major furore. So Tin Pei Ling is being brought in and once she is in, ah ha ha, the next election in year 2016 or 2017 will see the 3rd generation Lee coming in.

:biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Accepting him in right now would create a major furore. So Tin Pei Ling is being brought in and once she is in, ah ha ha, the next election in year 2016 or 2017 will see the 3rd generation Lee coming in.

First by-election ever in singapore. 1st May 2014, one day after Lee Kuan Yew had died. The one that came out of Ho Ching's cheebye would be 27!

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel Tintin was brought in so that Opposition will train their guns at her, thinking of her as easy target. Meanwhile, some GRCs or SMCs will be spared from 'invasion'.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, change your avatar, and people might change their perception of you. :p

My avatar is that of Lee Hsieng Ling, the Prime Minister of the Opposition's shadow government when PAP splits into two political balloon popping parties!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel Tintin was brought in so that Opposition will train their guns at her, thinking of her as easy target. Meanwhile, some GRCs or SMCs will be spared from 'invasion'.

I initially thought so too, but it is a test to see whether people are willing to accept candidates who have no achievements and coming into parliament at such a young age. Someone to bear the brunt to pave the way for the next crown prince.

The-Angel-1960

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever the REASONS are, the PAP downfall / lost in percentage, i am SUPER sure it is related to fielding IMMATURE school girl Tin Pei Ling and other Shitty Candidates like Foo Mee Haha and Dr Janil...

Wait you see...Don't assume ALL senior citizens are STUPID....No they are NOT.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I initially thought so too, but it is a test to see whether people are willing to accept candidates who have no achievements and coming into parliament at such a young age. Someone to bear the brunt to pave the way for the next crown prince.

I doubt so. They probably wanted to use her as an 'inexperienced little girl' bait for the Opposition to bite it. But they later realized that she was the bigger dud than they expected and made the PAP look very idiotic. The person who QC-ed the candidates is probably on the verge of getting axed as we speak.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3rd generation are not keen especially the eldest boy. They have the money and the world is lot more attractive for the younger generation. PAP is also run like the Papacy. The PAP ordinary members and Cadres have no influence when it comes to leadership. All the existing cabinet ministers were not associated with the PAP for except for the last 2 years prior to the elections. This includes WKS.

Old man and others are also aware that it is better for potential leaders to be immersed in proper career before thowing them in politics. Why would you want to waste your time in meet the people session in your youth. Ng Ka Ting and the previous speaker of the parliament despite their age, did not go far in terms of political office.

Ms Tin was the result of group think that went horribly wrong. They mistook passion for maturity and a sound mind. The desire was to represent the youth who now make up an influential voting bloc.

The Universal studio remark is telling. Clearly she has no clue what Singaporeans are facing. A spoilt kid who dresses and speaks like an Ah Lian. The odd connection is the marriage to PPS. I was then reminded that one scholar married his official lady driver. These smart guys are socially inapt. It was not surprise that orders were given not to have lady drivers and that scholars would have attend events before leaving overseas and to return after th first year to attend events to encourage marriage between scholars. Her husband was from earlier batch and did not have opportunity of being involved in these events.
The passing on of the Baton from LKY to LHL. If the baton from LHL is passed down indirectly by accepting another young PAP member with the surname Lee, it would create a major uproar. Which Lee?
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. lose - woody bye bye:biggrin:

2. win - I know what you did last summer:wink:

3. win or lose - Test, testing 123.

Good chess.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
TI was then reminded that one scholar married his official lady driver.

Ah....this one I know. Mr Piggy. In fact, Mrs Piggy before she became Mrs Piggy was not Mr Piggy's official driver. Mrs Piggy had a boyfriend. Mrs Piggy was then appointed official driver to facilitate the courtship.

Last edited:

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is to pave the way for Li Sheng Wu or Li Hong Yi to be the MP and eventually the Prime Minister of Singapore. They should be 28 or 29 next election. She will divert attention away from Lee Kuan Yews grandson before they make enter politics.