• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Don’T Celebrate National Day Anymore

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day while talking to a new citizen from China, she told me the RC handed her many NDP tickets for her friends. Then I recalled many locals balloting NDP tickets for years and never got them. And how these tickets can be easily accessed by new migrants. I believe they were using these events to impress foreigners, particularly new citizens, PRs and foreigners. From that day onwards, I stopped watching NDP nor celebrate. I find it full of hypocrisy that we locals become second class in this country and our national day event, they even had the cheek to do this. Looking at TV who were playing the event, you noticed a huge number there were also foreigners. A national event catering to foreigners than locals, this sums up what this mean to locals!

More at https://tinyurI.com/dkwur6b2

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every National Day, I will make short trips to Bangkok, Penang or KL until the bloody pandemic hits. Who gives a shit about NDPs?

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore now belongs to everyone. The tiongs, nehs and the whatnots. The singlish we used to identify fellow Singaporean when overseas is being replaced by accents from china India and wherelse. Sad.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've stopped caring about the NDP a long time ago. Even if you are a patriotic gongkia... the quality of the NDP songs has got from bad to worse. Standards are slipping... and that's a fitting metaphor for the state of the country.

Because Sinkieland has no four seasons, you need some visual markers to help you know what time of the year it is. NDP decorations tell you it's late July or August.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is not run like a country. It is a corporation run by an organised gang who are out to make money.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I've stopped caring about the NDP a long time ago. Even if you are a patriotic gongkia... the quality of the NDP songs has got from bad to worse. Standards are slipping... and that's a fitting metaphor for the state of the country.

Because Sinkieland has no four seasons, you need some visual markers to help you know what time of the year it is. NDP decorations tell you it's late July or August.

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

Chorus:
This is home truly
Where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me
Where that river always flows

This is home surely
As my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone
For this is where I know it's home

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home's about its people too

So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore

Repeat Chorus:

For this is where I know it's home
For this is where I know I'm home...

Singer/Composer:
Kit Chan/Dick Lee.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a song that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the song
Know every line and chorus
Sail down the tune which brings us life
Winding through my super song

This is the song truly
Where I know I must sing
Where my dreams sing for me
Where that melody always flows

This is the song surely
As my hearing tell me
This is where I won't be buay song
For this is what I know it's the song

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find the song to sing again
There is comfort in the tune
That song's about itself too

So we'll build our tunes together
Just like we've done before
Just like the chorus which brings us hope
There'll always be this song

Repeat Chorus:

For this is what I know it's the song
For this is what I know is my song

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I must say Dick Lee's song is very good.

They should make it the Singapore National Anthem rather than that Marikita shit.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need a witty national song that fucks piss and poop for letting foreign trash displacing sinkies in the labor market.