• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat I am tired of calling credit cards company to waive off annual fees.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brothers,
Got any credit cards to recommend that comes with 5 years or longer fee waivers?

I don't really care about rebates or cashback because i am already using mastercard to pay most of my bills with AXS online.

jw5

Loyal
Brothers,
Got any credit cards to recommend that comes with 5 years or longer fee waivers?

I don't really care about rebates or cashback because i am already using mastercard to pay most of my bills with AXS online.

Have you tried asking those that are aggressively promoting their cards? e.g. CIMB and ANZ.

Most banks will also give you a free card if you have a priority banking relationship with them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try Maybank. It was the 1st card I got because they never charged an annual fee for their CC. I don't even have a bank account with them, just the VISA card.

With other banks you have to request a waiver each time the fee is due. I have asked them why & they have told me it is because of their "system":rolleyes:
Some banks like Citi will automatically waive the annual fee if you have used the card to pay for $XXX dollars. I've forgotten the amount:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try Maybank. It was the 1st card I got because they never charged an annual fee for their CC. I don't even have a bank account with them, just the VISA card.

With other banks you have to request a waiver each time the fee is due. I have asked them why & they have told me it is because of their "system":rolleyes:
Some banks like Citi will automatically waive the annual fee if you have used the card to pay for $XXX dollars. I've forgotten the amount:smile:
4 maybank, metinks new applicants subject 2 fees, but waived if u use card minimum certain no of times ... fee is oredi waived 4 o birds ... me using maybank card in 90's ...

4 maybank, wen u call 2 waive fees, juz oni nid 2 press buttons on fone ... no nid 2 tok 2 person 1 ...

jw5

Loyal
4 maybank, metinks new applicants subject 2 fees, but waived if u use card minimum certain no of times ... fee is oredi waived 4 o birds ... me using maybank card in 90's ...

4 maybank, wen u call 2 waive fees, juz oni nid 2 press buttons on fone ... no nid 2 tok 2 person 1 ...

Maybank never make you wait and listen to music with the occasional "Your call is important to us"? Wow, that's great! :biggrin:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

For more than 10 years i need not be bothered by the annual fees hassle.

It does not appear at my statement at all..Just do 10 transaction per year and it is automatically waived.

I do not know if this policy applies to the old card holder only or if new applicants also enjoy this waiver.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Just do 10 transaction per year and it is automatically waived ...
last time my card got 24 yearly transactions condition ... now no mor, tink dey waived dat a few years back ... me now dun bother 2 meet dat condition n oso never kena asked 2 pay fee ...

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time my card got 24 yearly transactions condition ... now no mor, tink dey waived dat a few years back ... me now dun bother 2 meet dat condition n oso never kena asked 2 pay fee ...

For their kind understanding and compassion, I also choose Maybank as the preferred card.

This is their correct pro-business approach.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays I use my card regularly to get such things as health supplement, hotels, airline tix,... So it's easy to qualify for a waiver but the problem is that I have more than one CC. I prefer using my Maybank because of the Rewards. With the points I can get vouchers with the various malls.

Haven't looked at how the other cards providers reward you. Curious if there is any difference in how they reward you:confused:
With Maybank for 1,000 pts you can get a $20 voucher. So is it the same with other cards:confused:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in singapore, use malaysian banks. When in malaysia, use singspore banks. Then you get good customer service almost guaranteed.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much is the annual fees per year......talk until u like machiam centurion black card user or palladium card.pay ur damn fees peasant.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes last time Maybank got 10-years Annual fee waiver if u use a certain number of times per year.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays I use my card regularly to get such things as health supplement, hotels, airline tix,... So it's easy to qualify for a waiver but the problem is that I have more than one CC. I prefer using my Maybank because of the Rewards. With the points I can get vouchers with the various malls.

Haven't looked at how the other cards providers reward you. Curious if there is any difference in how they reward you:confused:
With Maybank for 1,000 pts you can get a $20 voucher. So is it the same with other cards:confused:

Yes Uncle Johnny, just buay song the calling to beg them.

Apply CIMB card lah.

East as ABC....and is free...unless company kaput lah.

Yes, other than CIMB, another CC free for life? or at least 5-years?
Last time POSB Everyday card is 5-years free, not anymore i think.