• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am sick of eating home cooked food after 2 weeks of Covid restrictions

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's not nice because it is cold already. And nowadays must go one big round to go inside hawker centre to buy takeaways. Extremely troublesome.
Cold already then pop in microwave to heat up lor. It may not be as fantastic but still can one lahm order those soupy type dishes or fried stuff heat up still can one.

Cant be help lah. Cannot tahan home cook food then got to bear some inconvenience for outside food lor. Cant be everything perfect.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cold already then pop in microwave to heat up lor. It may not be as fantastic but still can one lahm order those soupy type dishes or fried stuff heat up still can one.

Cant be help lah. Cannot tahan home cook food then got to bear some inconvenience for outside food lor. Cant be everything perfect.
My typical meals for last 2 weeks:

Morning : Bread and sometimes toast. Or cereals. Or semi boiled eggs.

Lunch : Instant noodles mostly.

Dinner : Rice with dishes like steam fish, tofu soup and vegetables. Sometimes, just fruits.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My typical meals for last 2 weeks:

Morning : Bread and sometimes toast. Or cereals. Or semi boiled eggs.

Lunch : Instant noodles mostly.

Dinner : Rice with dishes like steam fish, tofu soup and vegetables. Sometimes, just fruits.
Very healthy.

Order mcdonalds? KFC? A&W?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I still can taste but home coked food really no more meaning in life.
Invest in a few jars of this. Everything tastes great with bacon bits. Trust me.

ee395ba6-4548-4255-a0ad-4f1241c48171.cf1916a753b203f4504688b1a3e52075.jpeg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have never ordered delivery before to date. I don't know why, but I just can't put myself to order delivery. So don't laugh at me.
Try pizza. I think pizza joints they actually specifically have to plan and make their food for delivery one.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I do buy NTUC frozen pizza to put in oven. After a while, no more thrill.

My food are all so boring. I am ashamed to post pictures of what I eat.
Frozen pizza cannot make it lah.

There is no boring one. Healthy is healthy.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try pizza. I think pizza joints they actually specifically have to plan and make their food for delivery one.
I want to eat fried carrot cake, fried oyster egg. But this type of food after takeaway looks horrible and soggy and taste very oily because of the packaging.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My only achievement the last 2 weeks is to make Udon Jjajiang noodles. Maybe later I post after my now instant noodles lunch.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I want to eat fried carrot cake, fried oyster egg. But this type of food after takeaway looks horrible and soggy and taste very oily because of the packaging.

I think beef or seafood hor fun is ok. You can reheat also.

Other suggestions....

Chicken rice
Duck rice
Mee pok
Nasi briyani with curry mutton
Char kway teow
Laksa
Satay bee hoon
Although the hum will shrink after reheat
Rojak no need heat
Mee siam
Mee rebus
Mee soto
Kway chap

Quite a few i think all can leh...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hokkien mee also!

Cai png also can. Get those tofu type dishes with sweet and sour pork. Some vege. I think mosr item for cai png can reheat well.

Porridge? Frog porridge? Fish porridge?

Oh oh.....fish head bee hoon? Those got the milky type of soup?

Indian rojak?

I think roti prata not so good but still possible.

Basically anything that needs to be crispy not so good. But i think chai tow kway carrot cake the black sweet sauce kind will work reheated