• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I admire Gurmit Singh

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must admit to admiring Gurmit Singh :smile:

You see him hard at work in so many series in so many different roles. Can even see him in those makan shows & compere of those National Day, Xmas, New Year Shows.

Notice he's going to be in a new named "Cosmo & George". Looks like another hit by media corp. :p Others might be embarrased but Gurmit Singh soldiers on like a true proffesional :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You see him hard at work in so many series in so many different roles. Can even see him in those makan shows & compere of those National Day, Xmas, New Year Shows.

Notice he's going to be in a new named "Cosmo & George". Looks like another hit by media corp. :p Others might be embarrased but Gurmit Singh soldiers on like a true proffesional :rolleyes:

More assignments = more $$$$$$$, which artiste doesn't want.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny i hope u r not gay :eek: yeah he's a funny comedian bud i hate 2 burst the bubble of all aspiring local actors/actress in mediacock... unless u can earn millions like pig-farm-bred zoe tay, dey all will be stuck here in SINKIEWOOD n fighting for ricebowl.. Even fann wong who has tasted HOLLYWOOD will say "nabei... i opened legs liao how cum still stuck here in SINKIEWOOD?" :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unless u can earn millions like pig-farm-bred zoe tay, dey all will be stuck here in SINKIEWOOD n fighting for ricebowl.. Even fann wong who has tasted HOLLYWOOD will say "nabei... i opened legs liao how cum still stuck here in SINKIEWOOD?" :rolleyes:

In an MNC & although you can make lots of $$$, its not easy. Have to put in long hours with lots of politics.

Here is Gurmit Singh jumping around making a fool out of himself with all the dumb scripts & he's doing better than most Sporean. He's even considered a Spore celebrity with oppurtunities to do endorsements.

Even fann wong is doing ok, heard she has a private property & driving a porche right?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is Gurmit Singh jumping around making a fool out of himself with all the dumb scripts & he's doing better than most Sporean. He's even considered a Spore celebrity with oppurtunities to do endorsements.

Even fann wong is doing ok, heard she has a private property & driving a porche right?

good for gurmit if he really enjoys wads he's doing.. fann wong shud be making big money too... bud i am out of touch wen it cums 2 celebrity news :rolleyes:
btw i am referring 2 career aspirations in the film industry, not juz $$$.

I don't think he's funny, that why I admire him as he can make $$$ by not being funny :smile:

he will be disappointed 2 know dis... :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More assignments = more $$$$$$$, which artiste doesn't want.

$$$$ is probably why they are in the business. They have no experience & rely on looks.

What kind of alternative jobs are open to these artiste? Some ex-artistes are selling insurance, mlm, doing PR work, ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw i am referring 2 career aspirations in the film industry, not juz $$$.

he will be disappointed 2 know dis... :biggrin:

If he cared about his craft he wouldn't be doing all those chap chye roles.

I bet the primary diving motive is $$$, otherwise the artiste would have quitted Spore long ago.

Knew someone who was doing news reports, it was just a job. He had originally applied to emigrate but stayed on when he got the job. I don't see his reports anymore, must have left Spore.

jw5

Loyal

I don't like him.
He's quite funny in PCK but I find him irritating in the makan shows.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like him.
He's quite funny in PCK but I find him irritating in the makan shows.

I think those makan shows are the best parts of his career:p

Minimal acting & dumb lines, no costumes, no plot. Provides me with useful info on where some of the "old" stalls have moved to.

Andromedans

Alfrescian
Loyal

Worshipping the wrong dick?

Heard this pu$$y want to charge students money for an interview regarding their project. BTW stop wasting cyber space for a spineless prick.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gurmit's talent is quite average and medicore. Reflects the low quality talent TV artistes that S'pore has since Mediacorp keeps using Gurmit to no end. If his jokes fall flat all he does is resort to that dreadful scream of his. But I will say this about him, he is a good family man, loving filial son and his wife Mel is a nice down to earth gal, unlike many other ex SQ gals that I know. Oh and all credit to him for doing well after working so hard with average talent.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spineless prick was just one lucky guy who made the rigSht decision not to jump ship during the two station years with Channel U! One of those who jumped and was subsequently punished for it when came the time for a new contract was Erika Lee.
This shitty actor was and is still being treated as a blue eye boy in Mediacock! Other than PCK which even I will admit to being a fan of, he is practically useless in all other projects. His "talent" is always utilised on NDPs where he is always at his mastery best screaming COME ON SIIINNGGAAAAAAPPPOOOORRREE!!!!!!!! And who can forget all his screw ups in beauty pageants as an emcee!

During the last Golden Horse awards at the red carpet segment, when the Singapore contingent arrived, this particular woman was waving to the crowd like a veteran movie star. I could not recognise her but found out later it was the stinker's wife! What kind of shi...............Bwei how kor!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zeitgeist said:
..Other than PCK which even I will admit to being a fan of, he is practically useless in all other projects. His "talent" is always utilised on NDPs where he is always at his mastery best screaming COME ON SIIINNGGAAAAAAPPPOOOORRREE!!!!!!!! And who can forget all his screw ups in beauty pageants as an emcee!
Porfirio Rubirosa said:
..Gurmit's talent is quite average and medicore. Reflects the low quality talent TV artistes that S'pore has since Mediacorp keeps using Gurmit to no end. ..But I will say this about him, he is a good family man, loving filial son ...Oh and all credit to him for doing well after working so hard with average talent
Andromedans said:
BTW stop wasting cyber space for a spineless prick.
Fair's fair on his private life, and a guy's got to bring bacon home despite falling short of talent. Outside PCK (and his early SAF drama days?), I find his acting or hosting so stereotyped.. even irksome.

Neither is a thread deserving of him too (sorry)

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This guy vocab is limited. He may have the gift of the gap but his limited vocab hinders his representation as a funny man/comedian. If theres no script for him, there wouldnt be Phuachukang.

coolmoedee

his hosting of donch forget the lyrics is painful. just goes to show the quality of medicorpse's artiste family.

and you mean gift of the gab, not gap.