• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Human domino display at Boon Lay MRT station

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morning commotion at Boon Lay MRT

inSing Editor
inSing.com - 22 hrs 53 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">The accident at Boon Lay MRT this morning happened amidst a sea of commuters. (Pic / Stomp / Netizen 'Jamin')</cite>
A man fell down an escalator at Boon Lay MRT station this morning (19 Mar), resulting in several others behind him also falling over in a 'domino effect'.

The incident took place at about 8am and was witnessed by netizen 'Jamin', who wrote to the Stomp website.

According to Jamin, the escalator was stopped and MRT staff came forward to assist the affected commuters.

For Jamin, the incident served to illustrate that Singapore's infrastructure is unable to support the population growth.

On top of that, many netizens are also shocked to see the sea of commuters at the MRT station.

"This is crazy", said netizen 'baseline', as Jamin added that "Singapore is so scary now".

A netizen commented that such crowds are now a common sight during the morning and evening peak hours, and is especially familiar to those who work in the west like Joo Koon and Tuas.

Agreeing, netizen 'freeloadx' expressed that the quality of life in Singapore seems to be dropping.

Another netizen 'Shizuka_b' also wrote, "My four-month pregnant wife alights at Boon Lay, now I'll tell her it's better to alight at Lakeside (MRT).

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have used BL MRT Station many times, the crowd at rush hour, is really overwheming & on certain days of the week, it is 'dark' there, with the hordes of 'ah nehs' & 'bangla dums', you think you are in Kolkata or Dhaka...:wink:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. who was the stupid individual that design the boon lay station?
2. it is just too small to handle the traffic!
3. the escalators the suck big time.
4. insufficient stairway as alternative!
5. just picture this: trains are stalled while sheep keep on getting up the platform.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. who was the stupid individual that design the boon lay station?
2. it is just too small to handle the traffic!
3. the escalators the suck big time.
4. insufficient stairway as alternative!
5. just picture this: trains are stalled while sheep keep on getting up the platform.

Question is .. who was the daft one who brought in so many sheeps .... :eek:

Eh bro ... You is chowka ah ?:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Question is .. who was the daft one who brought in so many sheeps .... :eek:

Eh bro ... You is chowka ah ?:biggrin:

hi there

1. bro, i don't even comprehend what's "chowka" means?
2. honest, i know nuts on local dialect things except canto, of course!
3. boon lay stn is some cowboy place where plenty of ft congregate.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw would have said... actually there's a lot of space on the escalators... people just choose not to get on.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wait for some super-killer disease to strike, easy enough with the masses of dubious people coming in from all corners of the world. At least 50% of the population will be wiped out.