• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to vote overseas?

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few questions for our bros here

Can Singaporeans stationed overseas choose not to vote or is it still compulsory?

What if the overseas polling station is like damn far from where I live? PAP going to reimburse my air ticket and gas? Can I vote by proxy? Or mail them the voting slip?

I really don't want to step back on Singapore soil, the thought that I am back in Singapore really makes me sick, even if it is just an overseas embassy.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Few questions for our bros here

Can Singaporeans stationed overseas choose not to vote or is it still compulsory?

What if the overseas polling station is like damn far from where I live? PAP going to reimburse my air ticket and gas? Can I vote by proxy? Or mail them the voting slip?

I really don't want to step back on Singapore soil, the thought that I am back in Singapore really makes me sick, even if it is just an overseas embassy.

i heard its compulsory ...anyway good post ..

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
i heard its compulsory ...anyway good post ..

Overseas not compulsory. There're only about 10 oversea polling stations worldwide. Oversea Singaporeans aren't compelled to register with them, unless diplomats and scholars. The government is not going to pay for airfares ferrying people from Atlanta to Washington or Sapporo to Tokyo. Upon missing a poll while overseas, names got struck off the next electoral rolls, that's all. No need to vote for the rest of your life unless you reinstate, S$5.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Overseas not compulsory. There're only about 10 oversea polling stations worldwide. Oversea Singaporeans aren't compelled to register with them, unless diplomats and scholars. The government is not going to pay for airfares ferrying people from Atlanta to Washington or Sapporo to Tokyo. Upon missing a poll while overseas, names got struck off the next electoral rolls, that's all. No need to vote for the rest of your life unless you reinstate, S$5.

bro..like that im coming back liao ...

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from my source say that MFA decides not to set up polling station in the embassy for the countries within 4 hours flight range from SG. maybe some good bros can confirm this??

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard from my source say that MFA decides not to set up polling station in the embassy for the countries within 4 hours flight range from SG. maybe some good bros can confirm this??

maybe they know ppl like us tulan them liao...

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand there's a polling station in HK. That's within 4 hours flight range.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Put KNNBCCB there with a loaded revolver. It's got SINDA on one side and an Indian temple just outside. No, I think revolver isn't enough. He needs a Rambo machine gun.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

can get the RAMBO machine gun from RAM ...