• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How To Get Rid of BEDBUGS ???!!!

techiedick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to have this problem, wondered why I this problem, tried to get rid of it but no avail. didn't get rid of my mattress cos cost me a bomb. Anyway the bugs are invisible, cant be seen but can feel them crawling at the skin late at night.

I got rid of the problem finally by 2 ways.

1. spray the anti bugs spray at the bed frame and bed joints.

2. use the karcher steam jet or any jet steam machine and direct at the matress. if can use as a jet mist pressed it closer. let it out at the sun to dry. Do it twice. I borrowed the steam jet machine from my fren so I saved on a new mattres

happy killing the bugs.

Note : I had been advised to keep my bedroom dry to minimise bed manifestations, so far I had no more problems after heeding this advice.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No use one brother. Unless you spot them and you a magnifying glass to direct the sunlight at them :biggrin:

Boiling water is the solution. Baygon does not really helps. Sometimes you catch one, you have to press it using your thumb until its flatten then it will die. But the smell, yucksssss....
eeeeee.... why your bed got bedbugs 1? you dirty fella... how you know the smell so yucky? you taste it? :confused:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its surprising that so many people have encountered such a problem before. Im glad I got rid of mine. Now that I moved to a new place, I just try to keep as little furniture as possible...just in case... :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. if the situation gets worse.
2. have anyone turn to some pest-control services?
3. thorough & not necessarily too expensive mah!

Z

Zombie

Now that I moved to a new place..

before you move into a new place, best is to totally seal off all wall cracks, gaps in-between cable trunks/wall and power sockets, with wall putty first, then apply a new coat of paint..

this treatment will last you a lifetime.. you will have lesser problem of ants, spiders and all types of bugs

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
eeeeee.... why your bed got bedbugs 1? you dirty fella... how you know the smell so yucky? you taste it? :confused:

Your statement has just revealed your intelligence. As Narong mentioned, it has nothing to do with hygience. You could be sitting on the sofa at Lorong 18 chicken house and the person before you bought his bed bugs from his house and left it on the sofa.

Secondly, you dont have to taste something to know its taste. You can use your nose also. I dont hink you need to taste shit to know its smell. Next time when you post anything, please use your brains(if you have any to began with)

Cheers :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
before you move into a new place, best is to totally seal off all wall cracks, gaps in-between cable trunks/wall and power sockets, with wall putty first, then apply a new coat of paint..

this treatment will last you a lifetime.. you will have lesser problem of ants, spiders and all types of bugs

Thanks brother. I hope Im not too late. I just shifted in 1 week ago. Not many furniture yet. Will go home tonight to look for these cracks.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your statement has just revealed your intelligence. As Narong mentioned, it has nothing to do with hygience. You could be sitting on the sofa at Lorong 18 chicken house and the person before you bought his bed bugs from his house and left it on the sofa.

Secondly, you dont have to taste something to know its taste. You can use your nose also. I dont hink you need to taste shit to know its smell. Next time when you post anything, please use your brains(if you have any to began with)

Cheers :biggrin:
But still...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, LOL

Never really smell bedbugs before.... but.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
But still...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, LOL

Never really smell bedbugs before.... but.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Boss, the thai bbq hotpot (was it call moo something..) any recommendation? I used to eat at Golden Mile but each time I eat, I sure lao sai. Dunno if its because of the chilli. But that stall is nice. Any other stall to recommend?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
all those advices DO NOT WORK.

this is what u should do which are advices from my li'l brother leetahsar who's an expert not only in plants but entomology as well.

u can buy the bed-bug chemical in 2litre size from HANDFIX diy shop. it costs $58. u can't miss it. it has a big bed bug pic on the jerry jar. next u need to have a sprayer with fine misting spray preferrably those pressure pump type would be best. this one can buy cheaply from market plants/flowers stall for about $5 for a 1litre sprayer. try to test it out there first cos some don't work n u may need to go back to the shop to complain n exchange.

how to use the chemical effectively:

1. shake the chemical as it is a suspension (like milk powder mixed with water).
2. spray all the sides of the mattress where the seams are. when the mixture dries, it leaves a fine powder on the sprayed surface. it is this fine powder that's going to kill the bedbugs when they walk over it.
3. spray the entire bed frame especially those joints or crevices area where the bedbugs love to hide.
4. after sprayed, leave the mattress to air for about 2 hrs to dry before cover it with mattress cover or protector. u can sleep on it cos according the manufacturer, the chemical is "non-toxic" to human. but then again, when spraying cover your face with a mask n try not to inhale the fumes.
5. repeat after a week or so again. this is to rid any bug eggs that might hatch out.

the result is quite effective n efficient. u would find many dried up dead bedbugs all over the next few days.

if u prefer, u could go to this place which sells the chemical at 5 litre size at a cheaper price of $56 only.

ENTA MANUFACTURE INDURSTRIES
BLK 3021, UBI AVE 2, #04-193
tel: 61441010

b4 u go, it's better to call first. they are the wholeseller n u can find a variety of other kinds of chemicals targeted specifically for certain pests.

i dunno whether i should be sharing this info with u guys or not cos if their biz gets better becos of this posting, later they might increase the prices :(

oh yes! while u are there, do buy their bedbug dust too. this would be very good to dust the crevices of furniture. it comes with a long tubes and the dust is applied by squirting the rubber container. very effective too. u can find a whole colony of dried up dead bedbugs on those places u applied.

why are we now being infested by bedbugs? if u ask the boss of that company would tell u it's becos those bloody FTs brought their pet bugs in and pass it to us. this is very very true. hope that the paps should keep some of their bedbugs then they would understand the plight of the voters.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Knn, LTS kong lan jiao wei again. How can our methods not work when we tried it and successfully got rid of the bugs.

B

BCR101

bros,

anyone here know how to get rid of bedbugs the proven way ?

my present bed and mattress has bedbugs so looking for new ones !

but i scared will kana bedbugs so hoping to know a way to repel or kill them !

tolong pleaseeeeeeee

Bro ,

1) Find out who/where is the source of the bug.
( who is the carrier ?)

2) Very likely by now ; other places in yr room are hit also .

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
additional info on bedbugs.

it's a good thing that bedbugs DO NOT SPREAD any diseases cos it only localised, i.e., they only feed on blood of the host/s of the same family. some maybe allergic to the bites which can be quite itchy but applying some medicated oils would solve the itch.

bedbugs by the way stink when u squash it. to recognize the eggs which if u look closely, they are tiny, elongated and white and are usually either found in a cluster or individually laid. if u see them, wipe them away and pour hot water over it.

clothings should be washed in hot water above 60C to kill the bugs which might be hidden there and also their eggs.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Knn, LTS kong lan jiao wei again. How can our methods not work when we tried it and successfully got rid of the bugs.

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. reading the entire junk of the caveman's materials is already some task man!
3. performing it accordingly is another thing hoh.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Boss, the thai bbq hotpot (was it call moo something..) any recommendation?

can try the one at East Coast Road, near the junction of East Coast Road and Joo Chiat Road. opposite the Katong 112, along the same stretch as Astons, Naive and Flaming Grill :p:p:p
but me think it's not exactly value for money :o:o:o

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't be fooled by your over-rated puny knowledge. if that works well, the bugs chemcial won't be invented and selling so fucking expensive! do u know how much the pest control companies charge for ridding bedbugs? call them up n challenge them with your lame methods if u r still so ignorantly arrogant about it.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
just to repeat someone has mentioned here:

BEDBUGS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HYGIENE.

it's spread by contact with some host-carriers in crowded places such as mrt, buses, cinemas, hotels etc. u unwary pick one bedbug home , u pick a new bedbugs dynasty to overtake your home.

Last edited: