• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how many calories you take a day ?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
1500 calories is recommended. Overly low calorie diet can lead to atrophy of the the organs and muscles.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not how much you take in. It's how much you burn them.:o

If you take in 2500 calories and yet only burn 1000 of it, you will still grow fat.

If you take in 3000 calories and yet can burn 4000 of it, you will lose the fat.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The human being supposedly generates 2.4kwh per day. Overly low calorie intake can lead to shock. It is not a simple numbers game and people not conditioned to low calorie diets could suffer with sudden death.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The human being supposedly generates 2.4kwh per day. Overly low calorie intake can lead to shock. It is not a simple numbers game and people not conditioned to low calorie diets could suffer with sudden death.

One should not think about how much calories they take in, but how to keep the body burning calories 24 hours a day and increasing metabolism.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your major organs, including the brain continues to consume energy, unless you are dead or the the organs are compromised. The brain operates at 20W energy, regardless of sleep or wake, unless you are dead or compromised. Dietary type also affects metabolic rate, poison or otherwise.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your major organs, including the brain continues to consume energy, unless you are dead or the the organs are compromised. The brain operates at 20W energy, regardless of sleep or wake, unless you are dead or compromised. Dietary type also affects metabolic rate, poison or otherwise.

That is why a lot of people have a misconception that reducing calorie intake will lose weight. In fact, if a person don't eat, doesn't mean he will get skinnier. Instead the metabolism rate goes down. So that is why many people go on diet still cannot slim down, because their metabolism rate is slow, can't burn the fats.

Actually I still don't understand why TS wants to cut down on calorie intake. Just to lose weight? Reducing calorie intake will not lose weight:smile:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see you understand the concept and importance of proper nutrition. In fact, it is possible to lose non-water weight through smart dietary regimes without much exercise. But the addiction to processed foods makes adhering to the regime difficult for the first two weeks.
Non-water weight loss only comes in after week 3, thereabouts.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see you understand the concept and importance of proper nutrition. In fact, it is possible to lose non-water weight through smart dietary regimes without much exercise. But the addiction to processed foods makes adhering to the regime difficult for the first two weeks.
Non-water weight loss only comes in after week 3, thereabouts.

Wow, someone who knows too. Actually its all via reading, and "testing" on own self. Now I can easily control whether I want to gain extra 1-2 kg or lose that extra in weeks.

The most important thing that many people did not realise in losing weight is not in reducing the calorie intake but to actually clean up the diet.

People who do hard manual labour need loads of carbohydrate. Those working on sedentary jobs such as office base work, sitting down, lots of computer work, should actually reduce their intake of carbohydrate.

Taking lots of proteins, will be good. Carbohydrates such as rice, noodles, bread, potato, carrots depends on what kind of job one is working. However generally, don't eat too much of these. Avoid sugar drinks, only plain water. Save money as well.

Also there are some "cheat" ways to cheat the body to increase metabolism which is to split up 3 meals to 6 small meals. When we eat, metabolism increases. So by splitting up meals into small and more meals, the body is "cheated" into thinking that it is eating and thus the body is in a 24 hour burning machine rate.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much calories is one pau??:o

I don't know.
Depends on what pau. If its lotus seed pau, there is a lot of sugar in it.
If we talk about meat buns, and have to eat, I will just eat the meat fillings and avoid the pau skin. The pau skin once eaten, have to workout extra few hours before can shed it off :o

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gaining weight is easy. Some foods stay in the body as long as 48 hours. So you can easily have a virtual gain of 2 kilograms, though it is excretia. I am not authorized to release information on the types of food I am afraid, but army rations give you an idea. Aninmal protein and vegetable protein have different effects but too much protein and the manner the protein is prepared can have serious negative impact on your body.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know.
Depends on what pau. If its lotus seed pau, there is a lot of sugar in it.
If we talk about meat buns, and have to eat, I will just eat the meat fillings and avoid the pau skin. The pau skin once eaten, have to workout extra few hours before can shed it off :o

arrgh.. kena saboed by the tiko platoon. :o:biggrin: