• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how hypocrite can one be?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
"have u eaten?" "jiak pa beh?"

why people would like to ask this way? if u haven't eaten, does it mean the questioner would give u a treat?

no, right? then why ask?

just like going to the church. people would ask, "how are you?" well, if i m not fine and in dire need of money, would u help me?

again, no right? then why ask??

if there is no desire to help, usually i do not even ask HOW ARE YOU? if u ask, then shirk youself the commitment to help, then we are just being HYPOCRITES.

:smile:

jesus would say: "feed a hungry man instead of asking whether he is hungry.".....well, i think He said that if i m not wrong.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the most famously notorious should be this one:

INCREASE GST TO HELP THE POOR & NEEDIES....

:oIo:if it's not hypocritical at the current economic downturn, GST would have been lowered or even suspended for the time being. how much the gov really help or how much did the gov add into the suffering, the next GE would reveal the answer.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this society today, we are all hypocrites, just that we come in various degrees :(. Not that I like it very much.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when I by chance met long time never seen friends...

I always end the brief encounter by saying - someday I call you out for dinner, drink Kopi.... and vice versea

truth is I will never call them, Both of us knew we will never contact each other again.

This is called social politeness - the same as what the TS has asked.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal

why people would like to ask this way? if u haven't eaten, does it mean the questioner would give u a treat?

no, right? then why ask?

Its just a greeting, no need to get so upset over it....:p much better than a nod or a grin right??? the other party may think you are an idiot if you just simply smile or grin at him/her....:biggrin:

Same as when you ask somebody "ho say bo?" "hello brother" "long time no see" :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Its just a greeting, no need to get so upset over it....:p much better than a nod or a grin right??? the other party may think you are an idiot if you just simply smile or grin at him/her....:biggrin:

Same as when you ask somebody "ho say bo?" "hello brother" "long time no see" :smile:
Agree that it's just a greeting and no need to get too uptight over it.
But personally, I prefer someone to ask me "ho say bo" or "long time no see" than to ask me "jiak pa bei".
Firstly because the first two greetings allow me to answer as I please or not answer, whereas you have to answer jiak pa or bei for the second. :smile:
Secondly, because the jiak pa bei sounds as if you are asking something to which you have no interest in the answer.

jw5

Loyal

I always end the brief encounter by saying - someday I call you out for dinner, drink Kopi.... and vice versea

truth is I will never call them, Both of us knew we will never contact each other again.

Bro sideswipe,
"Social politeness" is a thing of the past for me.
Nowadays I just tell them to get to the point. Enough of all those inane and irrelevant questions.
Of course, if a friend really wants to know if I have eaten and wants to buy me a meal, I'll be ahppy to discuss in detail. :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

what if suddenly one of your friends really call u up for kopi?:rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

if u go to church regularly, this is the usual scene. let me re-enact.

A: hi, how are u

me: oh, not very well. just kena retrenched...and the bills are piling up.

A: oh! sorry to hear that. don't worry. i'll pray for u.

me: thanks ( in reality, was thinking wait long long. must be damned happy at my suffering)

A, in reality: ya. wait long long. damned happy u r suffering...hehehehe...

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u go to church regularly, this is the usual scene. let me re-enact.

A: hi, how are u

me: oh, not very well. just kena retrenched...and the bills are piling up.

A: oh! sorry to hear that. don't worry. i'll pray for u.

me: thanks ( in reality, was thinking wait long long. must be damned happy at my suffering)

A, in reality: ya. wait long long. damned happy u r suffering...hehehehe...

So pretentious and you are still going church?
btw, when people (not so close friends) ask how are you, they usually don't have topic to talk to you about.

Maybe you can reply with a "I will pray that you will pray for me" :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

no, right? then why ask?

seriously, if you tell me you are hungry and haven't eaten, i will buy you lunch or dinner. sup sup sway....but i won't ask you jiat ba buay, sounds very old fashioned.

just like going to the church. people would ask, "how are you?" well, if i m not fine and in dire need of money, would u help me?

again, no right? then why ask??

seriously, depends on what you are going to use the money for.

if people in church are willing to part with their money on every Sunday, they won't mind giving a few bucks to you, if you are really in need.

but hor, if you use the money to gamble, then you are in the wrong...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
So pretentious and you are still going church?
btw, when people (not so close friends) ask how are you, they usually don't have topic to talk to you about.

Maybe you can reply with a "I will pray that you will pray for me" :biggrin:

we go to church to pray to God and not worship the 500k pastor.

believe in the Words of God but not the words of man.:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, if you tell me you are hungry and haven't eaten, i will buy you lunch or dinner. sup sup sway....but i won't ask you jiat ba buay, sounds very old fashioned.

seriously, depends on what you are going to use the money for.

if people in church are willing to part with their money on every Sunday, they won't mind giving a few bucks to you, if you are really in need.

but hor, if you use the money to gamble, then you are in the wrong...

no wonder we have head monk in trouble and obscenely overpaid by 500k pastor!!

:rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i were to ask u "jiak par beh?", i m all pysched to give u a treat if u haven't eaten yet.:wink:

usually the questioner anticipates a "jiak par liao" or already eaten. now what if the answer is like this:

"haven't yet. u wanna give me a treat is it?"
the reaction from the questioner usually is thrown off balanced and he's kind of feeling awkard and embarrassed. this is a guilt conscience telling him that he's just being a hypocrite.

there is another worst scenario. a leaf of lesson from the experiences of my li'l brother leetahsar.

once a forummer PM-ed him and wanted to give him a dim sum treat. gradually, they ended up as regular makan kakis. until the real hypocritical intention of this forummer were exposed.

he posted in forummer accusing my li'l brother LTS as being "LEECH, CHEAT & EXPLOIT". here is the outrageously humourous truth, that is, it was he who drove all the way from his tampines condo to LTS' humble lodging in queenstown to pick him up for "leech, cheat & exploit". LOL!!

now that's a real good hypotheical hypocrisy!:biggrin:...and a very funny one too!:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
and another hypocrite now LIVE stalking after every of my posts : QXD. wanna read and wanna INFRACT. isn't he a stupid hypocrite who doesn't know how to use the IGNORE key?

View Message QXD is on your ignore list.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
11981_2_9_2008_10_43_00_PM_-_oh_shit-759720.jpg

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
suckuppers & backstabbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

many like to equate "suckuppers" when forummers support paps. they mocked at those who try to expose SDP's nonsense calling them "backstabbers" or worst "pappies doggies".

now think of it this way. what if the same suckupper and backstabber is the same person from SDP? can any of u accept this fact?

just like once, ex-wp member tried to suck up to WP - ths suckuppers. after knowing that their suckupping was to no avail, they quit so now instead of suckupper, they turn backstabbers.

there are many around us. we can even find them in msn. at this window, sucking up to u but at the same time in another window, backstabbing you.

such are the characteristics of the lesser mortals who are trying to present themselves as "higher beings" like standing up for FREE SPEECHES, HUMAN RIGHTS n DEMOCRACY craps.

when they are not exposed, their behaviour was like a chilvarous swordsman. when exposed, they are worst than ruffians. they are nothing but true blue HYPOCRITES who are making use of their faked up image to gather more easily instigated forummers to side with them and propagate untruths that prevail and create messiness and confusion.

be careful. be aware of such shadowy characters. they are here not to improve your life but here to exploit and ruin more lives.

have u met any of this character before? suck up to u as suckupper then stab u behind as backstabber?