• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How cruel can you get - for luck!!!

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: But You Fellas Eat Pork, Right ?

This I can confirm is not one of his tua pao stories. Ancient man had discovered that hunted animals taste better when scared. Apparently the adrenaline courses thru the blood veins of the animal and "makes the meat sweater".

In one case I read, a cat food company found their product was not as popular any more. The whole manufacturing process was reviewed and it was found they changed the main ingredient supply from hunted rabbits to farmed rabbits because of an animal rights audit finding. The difference was very obvious to the cats.

Very Sad.:(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very Sad.:(

I'm feeling very sad too, but from a different vector and perspective. It's almost 6 a.m. now and I can't afford to risk taking a nap now and risk oversleeping. I have something important to attend to this Monday morning. Back to the point, I've never boasted as some somehow perceived me to have been doing. What's the use of boasting. It yields no profit to me. I've always been just relating past experiences and standing ready for future experiences.

My question, or even gripe, is how come when I relate to an experience of killing an animal, most people blame me for cruelty or boasting, pity the animal. Very few enquired about why and how it happened? Any injury I as a human sustained under attack of and in self defense against an animal? What's human right? The right to make political noise against each other but no right to self defense against animal? How about human right to eat animal?

I'll only respect the voices of vegans if they voice that out, including Tonychat since he's declared vegan. The rest? What's the difference between eating chicken and dog? You'll still have to kill it or somebody has to kill it for you. You get chicken chopped into pieces and fried, that's not cruelty?

You find dog cute as a pet, keep your pet to yourself and don't disturb others. Others have human rights too, surely should be more than pet rights. A stray dog gone crazy and aggressive attacking an innocent human unfortunate enough to cross its path. What's wrong with killing it? It saves others from the same danger.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its the opposite in the organised meat trade. Animals under stress lead to patchy coloured meat or meat showing a dark shade and therefore leads to lower prices.

http://www.grandin.com/meat/pse.html

In the high end supermarkets in the west, you will notice that the same meat cut is of a lighter colour than the budget supermarket. Also the colour patchyness is also present in the latter.

What I found interesting is that good quality meat is not suitable for cooking dishes such as rendang, mutton curry and even irish stew, it become too soft and mushy. In the those days, meat was hunted and slaughtered causing high stress levels. As the resultant meat was tougher, they had to stew or cook it longer. The quality of meat has increased with good husbandry but the recipes have remained.

So the case of Ram is a one of vicious cycle. A hunted and stressed out animal always taste better using a traditional recipe. The supermarkets and modern butchers will not sell the "appropriate" meat.

For the middle east and Asian markets meat exporters will sell poorer quality meat usually more aged animals or the more hardy species.

The smarter aunties would have shorten the cooking process, avoided tenderising condiments etc if a superior qaulity meats is used.

This I can confirm is not one of his tua pao stories. Ancient man had discovered that hunted animals taste better when scared. Apparently the adrenaline courses thru the blood veins of the animal and "makes the meat sweater".

In one case I read, a cat food company found their product was not as popular any more. The whole manufacturing process was reviewed and it was found they changed the main ingredient supply from hunted rabbits to farmed rabbits because of an animal rights audit finding. The difference was very obvious to the cats.

Last edited: