• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How cruel can you get - for luck!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The brutal festival at Nem Thuong village,Vietnam

This is one Vietnamese festival that makes even non animal lovers cringe. Every year, at a village near Hanoi, a pig is brutally chopped into two so that people can smear banknotes with its blood in the belief that it would bring luck. Viewer discretion is advised while viewing these photos.....

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/photos/the...ring-festival-nem-thuong-photo-120959801.html

This is terribly horrendous!!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This kind of festival is usually to commemorate the defeat of a tyrant or invader. The pig is the symbol of that hated guy.

2012-01-28T113930Z_1468611012_GM1E81S1HT201_RTRMADP_3_VIETNAM.JPG

2012-01-28T120959Z_233000840_GM1E81S1K8L01_RTRMADP_3_VIETNAM.JPG

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet they did it to french and amercian soldiers during the warring years. dun let peta see the photo.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another outrageous and ridiculous believe. If there is such a place as heaven and hell then I hope they all go to the later.:mad:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
But You Fellas Eat Pork, Right ?

This kind of festival is usually to commemorate the defeat of a tyrant or invader. The pig is the symbol of that hated guy.

2012-01-28T113930Z_1468611012_GM1E81S1HT201_RTRMADP_3_VIET  NAM.JPG

2012-01-28T120959Z_233000840_GM1E81S1K8L01_RTRMADP_3_VIETN  AM.JPG

I think you are a bit double standard lay. We are all as guilty as these people were; we eat pigs, remember ?

I thought I had written something like a Jap singer / actress who had a change of heart after hearing that pigs generally do have a 3 year old intelligence of a human being. Her niece was 3 years old then and she felt the pain and the necessity to become a vegan to stop the killing. That's a good start.

How many pieces of Bah Kwah did you eat this year ?

Alright ! Chinese War Sword !

[video=youtube;8PQiaurIiDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQiaurIiDM[/video]

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: But You Fellas Eat Pork, Right ?

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/431_1328294309"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/431_1328294309" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is no more cruel that eating live drunken prawns, or hunting deers and rabbits, or eating dog meat, or just eating a burger.

If you're really upset, show consistency and be a vegan. Take up a moral crusade against eating meat.

Otherwise, you are a hypocrite who thinks that only cute animals should not be eaten, or meat is okay as long as the bloody mess happens far away from you, out of sight.

I'm okay with meat.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's something very wrong with killing for entertainment. If he is prepared to slaughter in this barbaric manner, then in my opinion he would not hesitate in killing you. I choose not to eat meat.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, it's very cruel indeed just by watching it "live" but after afew hours, it's food for the general public! No more gory but your taste buds feel glory especially with 1 or 2 pints of beer! Afterall, we humans are on the top of the food chain...

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, I don't like to sacrifice living things for the sake of good luck! That's really crude...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is no more cruel that eating live drunken prawns, or hunting deers and rabbits, or eating dog meat, or just eating a burger.

If you're really upset, show consistency and be a vegan. Take up a moral crusade against eating meat.

Otherwise, you are a hypocrite who thinks that only cute animals should not be eaten, or meat is okay as long as the bloody mess happens far away from you, out of sight.

I'm okay with meat.

Well, the slaughter of animals for whatever reason (food, medical purposes, etc) should always be humane. Prawns, fish and other seafood have a very low level of consciousness and their brains do not register the level of pain as land animals like deer, pigs, etc, because the nervous system is very primitive compared to land animals.

We don't need hogwash nutcases like PETA to go around telling people to go vegan because killing animals is cruel. Govts all around the world acknowledge that slaughter should be humane, it is only whether it is effectively enforced or not. The key should be the enforcement of internationally recognized norms, not asking people to go vegan. Some people become weak and a few may die of malnutrition without meat.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's not uncommon in PRC and Viet villages that people tie up pigs and dogs and beat them up with a pole the size of a baseball bat. There's an art and timing to it. Where to hit and when to stop. Just before the animal is almost, almost, beaten to death, then slaughter it. The practice is to optimize blood circulation all around the body just before slaughtering so as to harvest as much lean and tender meat out of it as possible. It's illegal practice in cities and restaurants, but villagers don't care.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not uncommon in PRC and Viet villages that people tie up pigs and dogs and beat them up with a pole the size of a baseball bat. There's an art and timing to it. Where to hit and when to stop. Just before the animal is almost, almost, beaten to death, then slaughter it. The practice is to optimize blood circulation all around the body just before slaughtering so as to harvest as much lean and tender meat out of it as possible. It's illegal practice in cities and restaurants, but villagers don't care.

You are funny Mr Ramseth, I really do enjoy reading your horror stories. Did you make this one up?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are funny Mr Ramseth, I really do enjoy reading your horror stories. Did you make this one up?

This I can confirm is not one of his tua pao stories. Ancient man had discovered that hunted animals taste better when scared. Apparently the adrenaline courses thru the blood veins of the animal and "makes the meat sweater".

In one case I read, a cat food company found their product was not as popular any more. The whole manufacturing process was reviewed and it was found they changed the main ingredient supply from hunted rabbits to farmed rabbits because of an animal rights audit finding. The difference was very obvious to the cats.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually i read about this years ago as well, animal when cooked alive taste a lot better. One obvious example is crab, its cruel but true...

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
在历史上这叫腰斩!

Originally this is an execution for human prisoners. HALF CUT or Waist Cut.

This applied to pigs is only a modified ritual.:wink:

There is something very fundamentally wrong about it.

It is supposed to be an execution for those who got GREEDY for MONEY, and they deserve to get this brutality perfectly. It shows example to the greedy people and give them a very real idea of punishment they will be getting. So watching the execution is good for all. :biggrin:

The wrong thing here is this ritual is for greed. The greedy people here did not know that was meant to be demonstrating the punishment for them for their own greed crimes.

:biggrin:

2009_5_28_55544_9355544.jpg

pics_thermosliu_1298528336.jpg

2743255123038951640.jpg

d7c4acddf2.jpg

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For further information, it's still practised in jungles as near to us as in Malaysia where there're wild boars. I've taken part those hunts before. The game is about tracking down a boar and surround it with at least four hunters armed with bats. (Yes, many armed man bully one unarmed boar but that's the game.) Then bash it up blow by blow until it couldn't move anymore, but not dead yet. Then lug it back to slaughter and cook. Trust me, it's more delicious than any pork or even so-called wild boar you find in city restaurants. Although it's officially outlawed, the Malaysian police don't give a damn since wild boar is also pig and not halal anyway. Chinese private business. This type of lobang for adventure and culinary delight is only available if you have some friends or introducers to fishermen or farmers near jungle areas. It's free. They don't run it as a tourist attraction for profit. They won't accept any hunter partners they don't know because of the danger involved. The boar is never the worry, but if any hunting partner ends up seriously injured or worse...they have to be confident enough that won't happen.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

actually i read about this years ago as well, animal when cooked alive taste a lot better. One obvious example is crab, its cruel but true...

Son, you know how cook or eat crab or not? Crab must be cooked alive to be palatable. Have you seen anyone selling dead crab? Flower crab can be sold dead and kept a couple of days in your fridge for edilibility, but not crab.

Last edited: