• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how can opposition trigger a vote swing and win election?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer anarchy to dictatorship. Without change, there will not be progress.

Anarchy is civil strife, uprooting of peace and security in the country. Look at Iraq and Syria. It is anarchy. There is a Govt yet there is no Govt in the country.

Dictatorship is not too bad. Look at North Korea. All for the country, and the country for all North Koreans, no imported foreign shits, no open door policy.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is highly unlikely there will be any major change in the political landscape in Singapore. The Singapore that is today, was the Singapore its residents wanted, and made, was promised, and delivered by the current politicians in power. And the people do not want any changes. They are happy the way it is, the stable dollar, and "efficiency" of the municipal departments, the policy of the various institutions, AND the food courts. Very few people actually bother about individual freedoms and rights beyond what is available now. And anyone who tries to go beyond these boundaries are quickly labelled as misfits, loonies, or suffering from something that would win them a place in IMH. The opposition parties do not strongly emphasize that their party can form a government, all contented to be a check on the ruling party (this should be the duty of the newspaper, the media).

To answer the thread's title, - only if the citizens want it. From the looks of things around, the people do not want things to change.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a younger man, I would have supported your statement (about anarchy). Lawlessness, rebellion looked cool. Anti-establishment was even suave and hip. But now that I am a working man, with a decent (I like to think so) job, and a family, orderliness is what I desire. Kid goes to school and comes back safe is important, being able to go to the supermarket/mall and purchase the things we want, make payment/transaction in a safe manner is also desirable, The only room for "in-your-face" statements, anti-social behaviour is in teen-fashion, rock-music, artistry maybe. But the artistes themselves here seem to long for endorsement by the authorities too!

Suggest you fall-in-line with the mainstream. Unless you are a young and aspiring rock musician.

Cheers!

I prefer anarchy to dictatorship. Without change, there will not be progress.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition should just skip the by election strategy and should compete in all constituencies. Every political party aspire to the be govt. Act like it.

If this is the scenario then Sinkies will be very scare to vote for oppositions :eek: