• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOTA & DIED Ang Moh in SG

hotabandit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apr 2, 2010
Aussie dies after transplant
Blood clotting gene also caused first transplant to fail: S'pore doctor
By Salma Khalik, Health Correspondent
Ms Claire Murray, 25, underwent a successful transplant last month. -- PHOTO: THE WEST AUSTRALIAN
View more photos

AN AUSTRALIAN woman who flew to Singapore for a second liver transplant has died. Ms Claire Murray, 25, underwent a successful transplant last month. But two weeks after she received a part of her aunt's liver, blood clots started to form in her veins.

On Wednesday, she underwent further surgery at Mount Elizabeth Hospital to remove the clots. But even as the surgeon, Dr J. Prema Raj, was removing the clots, others were forming.

Ms Murray, an unwed mother of two with a history of heroin addiction, became a lightning rod for controversy after her first liver transplant in Australia last September, using an organ from a dead donor, failed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_509708.html

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Opelation was a success but patient encountered a slight case of death.
We will still collect $250k from Kevin Ludd's gahmen"

php6nxDyJ.jpg

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
what?! we operate on foreign heroin addicts and our own patients die waiting on corridors?

oh man, this country is getting more and more ridiculous

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
what?! we operate on foreign heroin addicts and our own patients die waiting on corridors?

oh man, this country is getting more and more ridiculous

She paid for the surgery at a private hospital and the donor was her own aunt.

So really... I you had the money and a willing donor, I don't think anyone can stop.

jw5

Loyal
She paid for the surgery at a private hospital and the donor was her own aunt.

So really... I you had the money and a willing donor, I don't think anyone can stop.
Wasn't it reported that her family got an interest free loan from the Australian government?

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't it reported that her family got an interest free loan from the Australian government?

Yeah, it was the Australian government who provide the interest free loan and the came to Singapore for treatment.

There is a disconnect between downgrader's comments and the facts of the case.

It is of course unfortunate that unlike the Australian government, the Singapore system would not provide such loans for life threatening surgeries - but I may be wrong here.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Failed or succeed there still is a transaction fee .

Surgeons screwed up and blames drug background !