• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ho Jinx wants to buy High and sell Low for you woh.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

July 29, 2009
Temasek to 'co-invest'

sg-ho.jpg

Temasek would consider, over the long term, creating one more group of stakeholders, and may invite the public to 'co-invest' with the company, Ms Ho said. -- PHOTO: AP

TEMASEK Holdings vowed to hang on to the 'family jewels' as a long-term investor and said it may allow the public to invest in Singapore's state-run fund.

The value of the company's assets dropped by more than $40 billion in the 12 months ended March, Chief Executive Officer Ho Ching told a lunch talk organised by the Institute of Policy Studies think tank, Bloomberg news reported.

The investment firm will act to enhance value over as long as 30 years and will not sell stakes 'for divestment's sake,' Ms Ho said.

'We don't intend to raid the larder nor sell the family jewels for short-term gains. We will jealously guard our interest and will invest, rationalise, consolidate or divest where it makes sense, where we can achieve clear, sustainable value.'

Temasek would consider, over the long term, creating one more group of stakeholders, and may invite the public to 'co-invest' with the company, Ms Ho said. It may seek 'sophisticated investors' in five to eight years and retail investors in the next eight to 10 years, she added.

'It is important to test this over at least one market cycle during the next five to eight years,' she said. 'If this pilot is successful, we may then consider a co-investment platform for retail investors in perhaps eight to 10 years' time.'

Temasek is also looking for long-term investors, Ms Ho added.

She said financial sector investments will still form part of Temasek's core holdings. Temasek is still 'fairly comfortable' in the financial sector.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
so good co-invest? or out of funds to gamble?

1 thing for sure, those 100% suck money project they will not co-invest.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds bad. that means temasek no money liao in the kitty and need cash injection from sophiticated (foolish) investors

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek would consider, over the long term, creating one more group of stakeholders, and may invite the public to 'co-invest' with the company

So Madam Ho is saying, We, Singaporeans can invest in Temaesk Holdings is it?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sounds bad. that means temasek no money liao in the kitty and need cash injection from sophiticated (foolish) investors

You are right. Temasek don't have cash flow. Many loan still behind payment. That why have to sell many share 6 month back at very low price to cover the loan payment.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ho Jinx, We were taught by your father in law's party that there's no free lunch, so when Tamasick is "Doing Well" with our money, I never hear you say want to share this wealth with the citizen.

So after billions down the drain, even your Mr Chip run road after a few months in your organization, so Thank you very much for your kind offer but I think I stand a better chance at the black jack table.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ho Jinx, We were taught by your father in law's party that there's no free lunch, so when Tamasick is "Doing Well" with our money, I never hear you say want to share this wealth with the citizen.

So after billions down the drain, even your Mr Chip run road after a few months in your organization, so Thank you very much for your kind offer but I think I stand a better chance at the black jack table.
the wealth of Temasik belongs to the citizen in the first place...so how can that be..sharing..when it belongs to you ..rightfully..right??

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho seh liao, even before IRs start, she wants you to to bet all your money on her 'GOLDEN TOUCH!'

Lai, lai, lai, got hero here to 'throw in his chips' to start tha ball rolling with her or not?:biggrin:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Co-invested?

Given her flawless track record, I will sell what she buys, and buy when she sells

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think the family jewels have already been lost as part of the $40billion hit. Still got what top sell? Her cheebye?