• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hinduism aka sanatana dharma

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism

Altogether there are 5 main sects of this religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_denominations

It's a pretty complicated religion mind you. Not to mention when the aryans invaded india thousands of yrs ago they included the vedic gods into the mix. The old gods are indra for eg.

There's actually a whole lot of crap on this religion you cannot just simply explain it in 1 post and mind you i'm writing off hand without reading off any website. What i know is that there are esentially 3 branches of the religion. The 3 main gods and i suppose they can be called the trinity are shiva, vishnu and brahma.

Now i believe that there is no temple in india dedicated to brahma. Brahma is a 4 faced god so he has 4 faces so yes even though there isn't a temple dedicated to brahma in india he has temples in bali and in thailand. I am sure many of you are familiar with the 4 faced buddha in erawan in bkk located near downtown bkk central. Yup i believe that's brahma. There's some brahma temple in bali and i believe years ago there was some volcanic eruption or some natural disaster in bali that destroyed everything except for the temple. That's their folk lore.

Next we go to shiva. Shiva is famous for his trident and his penis. Yup in tamil he's called shivalingam something to do with his penis and i believe he mated with the goddess kali. Shiva has 2 sons i believe and one of them is ganesh the elephanhead and the other is murugan or skanda. Murugan is his tamil name. Skanda is his north indian name i believe.

Then we have vishnu. He's called vishnu the creator and he's famous for having 10 incarnations in which he manifested himself as avatars. Yup it's the only other instance i can see the word "avatar" being used aside from the pictures that appear next to your moniker and that movie by that word. One of his most famous incarnations is as krishnan.

Yup like i mentioned there are 5 main sects and 3 main gods and their worshippers does this sound confusing? It's not really. Just take that 2 of the sects worship the main gods while the other 3 worship sons of one of the main gods. Brahma doesn't have a sect i believe.

Anyway 2 of the sects worship vishnu and shiva and the other 3 worship ganesh, murugan and the sun god. Ganesh and murugan are sons of shiva so you can say that these 2 sects are like the sub sects of shiva.

Ganesh should be the most famous indian god of all and why not. He has an elephant's head and 4 arms and is fat and bloated. He's the god of good luck i believe. He also has many names. In singapore among the tamils he's called pillayaar and he's called phra pikanet by the thais.

Murugan aka skanda is like the patron god of tamilnadu i believe so suffice to say he's what the local tamils mostly worship. Thaipusam is celebrated in his honor. They start to chant vel vel which means spear in tamil. Yup the spear is one of the weapons of murugan. He has 2 wives and he rides a peacock as his transport. This will make a good movie i tell you. Still i believe the trident of shiva is still more powerful than skanda's.

There you have it my knowledge of the religion offhand.

This religion makes a very good dungeons and dragons storyline i tell you. If you have ever read any of the forgotten realms stories or played in fantasy role playing like lord of the rings this religion is very good for role playing whereby they create these magical fantasy worlds with imaginary gods and evil demons and all sorts of creatures and palaces and cities. I really wish someone would create a fantasy pc game or console game from hinduism and put a life bar on ganesh for example. This would make the religion more attractive and certainly serves a better purpose for entertainment than for worshippers or devotees to waste their time and money on.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I made a mistake there. When the aryans invaded they brought in new gods like indra and they are called vedic gods. These gods should be worshipped in northern india but not in southern india. I don't really know how they put indra into the entire pantheon without googling it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I'm not wrong shiva followers smoke weeds .

Indian religion is like the rest of other religion .. Just talking cock :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I'm not wrong shiva followers smoke weeds .

Indian religion is like the rest of other religion .. Just talking cock :wink:

Ganesha looks like those magical characters in Harry potter book .

That's why i tell you this religion makes a very good fantasy story. I am sure you know of the forgotten realms and dungeons and dragons, skyrim etc All of these are fantasy role playing games they created with dragons, gods, magical powers and so on. Hinduism is just like that.

Elephant headed god aside the 10 incarnations of vishnu is quite interesting. In one of his incarnations he became narasima or some type of 4 headed lion creature. There is a temple dedicated to narasima in north india and i think in thailand. I remember seeing some lion like beast statue in some photos of thailand. That is narasima i believe certainly more interesting than krishna.

Kali is also interesting. Demon goddess of great powers with the skulls of her sons wrapped around her neck. Then there's devi and saraswati. Told you it's a religion that you probably need to read a book on before you can even understand it but the problem is you'll be wasting your time reading crap.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why i tell you this religion makes a very good fantasy story. I am sure you know of the forgotten realms and dungeons and dragons, skyrim etc All of these are fantasy role playing games they created with dragons, gods, magical powers and so on. Hinduism is just like that.

Elephant headed god aside the 10 incarnations of vishnu is quite interesting. In one of his incarnations he became narasima or some type of 4 headed lion creature. There is a temple dedicated to narasima in north india and i think in thailand. I remember seeing some lion like beast statue in some photos of thailand. That is narasima i believe certainly more interesting than krishna.

Kali is also interesting. Demon goddess of great powers with the skulls of her sons wrapped around her neck. Then there's devi and saraswati. Told you it's a religion that you probably need to read a book on before you can even understand it but the problem is you'll be wasting your time reading crap.

Their imagination also very good .. Knn Elephant head ? My lanjiao head want anot :wink: not only this religion make good fantasy stories .. All religion makes good fantasy stories .. because all religion have magical character with special powers ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their imagination also very good .. Knn Elephant head ? My lanjiao head want anot :wink: not only this religion make good fantasy stories .. All religion makes good fantasy stories .. because all religion have magical character with special powers ...

Agreed but other religion a bit boring. Like christian and islam nothing much there's no physical manifestation of their god and he's so powerful he probably cannot even be manifested in the world how to create a computer game out of that?

Anyway not only elephant head they have monkey head and i think cow head they also have need to see the statues on the temples. Elephant head with 4 arms ok and blue skinned gods.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agreed but other religion a bit boring. Like christian and islam nothing much there's no physical manifestation of their god and he's so powerful he probably cannot even be manifested in the world how to create a computer game out of that?

Anyway not only elephant head they have monkey head and i think cow head they also have need to see the statues on the temples. Elephant head with 4 arms ok and blue skinned gods.

If u want to talk about physical manifestation of god ... Taoist god share the same genes of ah neh god .. There are hundreds of different character god . Chinese also have horse head and cow head in hell .

That's why I always say all religion are the same .. They copy from one another .

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u want to talk about physical manifestation of god ... Taoist god share the same genes of ah neh god .. There are hundreds of different character god . Chinese also have horse head and cow head in hell .

That's why I always say all religion are the same .. They copy from one another .

Yup taoist is like this but taoist doesn't sound so fantastic but anyway they already have movies and drama serials on the taoist gods in heaven. I wish they would make a good PC game on these taoist gods maybe make the hero sun wukong and then market it to the US and the west.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup taoist is like this but taoist doesn't sound so fantastic but anyway they already have movies and drama serials on the taoist gods in heaven. I wish they would make a good PC game on these taoist gods maybe make the hero sun wukong and then market it to the US and the west.

I hope someone will make a PC game about religious war ... See whose god is more powerful and colorful :wink: monkey god fighting with Jesus , Buddha , Ganesha ... Ect . That will be fun :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope someone will make a PC game about religious war ... See whose god is more powerful and colorful :wink: monkey god fighting with Jesus , Buddha , Ganesha ... Ect . That will be fun :wink:

Ppl won't be happy about it la. Won't ever be created. Maybe you can create your own characters i think some games allow you to create your own world then you can name them jesus, buddha.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ppl won't be happy about it la. Won't ever be created. Maybe you can create your own characters i think some games allow you to create your own world then you can name them jesus, buddha.

I wish I could because I'm not good in IT .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think one of the pc games allow you to create your own world. Neverwinter nights. Just get the game and you can just create your own world.

Even can create characters ? Paiseh , I know nuts about game cause I don't play games

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys if you want to get mind fucked read up on any hindu god.

Give you an example here from the wiki page of vishnu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu

Vishnu (Sanskrit: विष्णु) is a main Vedic God (including His different avataras and/or expansions), venerated as the Supreme Being in the Vaishnavism. He is also commonly known as Narayana or Hari. Smarta followers of Adi Shankara, among others, venerate Vishnu as one of the five primary forms of God.[SUP][1][/SUP] The Vishnu Sahasranama[SUP][2][/SUP] declares Vishnu as Paramatman (supreme soul) and Parameshwara (supreme God). It describes Vishnu as the All-Pervading essence of all beings, the master of—and beyond—the past, present and future, one who supports, sustains and governs the Universe and originates and develops all elements within. This illustrates the omnipresent characteristic of Vishnu. Vishnu governs the aspect of preservation and sustenance of the universe, so he is called "Preserver of the universe".

In the Puranas, Vishnu is described as having the divine colour of water filled clouds, four-armed, holding a lotus, mace, shankha (conch) and chakra (wheel). Vishnu is also described in the Bhagavad Gita as having a 'Universal Form' (Vishvarupa) which is beyond the ordinary limits of human perception or imagination.[SUP][3][/SUP]
His eternal or permanent abode beyond the material universe is Vaikuntha which is a realm of eternal bliss and happiness. It is also known as Paramdhama, which means final or highest place for liberated souls, where they enjoy eternal bliss and happiness. Vaikuntha is situated beyond the material universe and hence, can not be perceived or measured by material science and logics.[SUP][4][/SUP]

His other abode within the material universe is Ksheera Sagara, where he reclines and rests on Shesha.

Now wasn't that some complicated mind fuck. Now you could be excused if you were going to study something complicated to get a degree it would be understandable but if you actually studied this crap during university or to actually worship him then you would be out of your mind.

Beats anything the abrahmic faiths could come up with. He has avatars or expansion he's venerated as the supreme being in one aspect of the religion because in the other aspect it's the other one with the trident and his dick dancing that's the supreme being. He has 5 forms. He has tons of silly sounding names can you actually read through that without getting a headache.

I still remember reading in one of those links he has like 10 sons from his fingers in one of his forms and then he had other children that he shitted out from his ass i think and they were his children but called children from some different name.

If any of you actually have a degree in hinduism i really salute you cos your knowledge of bullshit must be limitless.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is one funny Buddhist ''story'' regarding the Brahma and the Buddha...............Brahma thought that he's the creator of the universe.......

the Buddha asked him questions like .....................

why he create sadness after he created happiness..............

why he created sickness after he created health................

why he created death after he created life...................etc etc...............

after that, Brahma ''woke up'' and realize he's not the creator at all.................

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is one funny Buddhist ''story'' regarding the Brahma and the Buddha...............Brahma thought that he's the creator of the universe.......

why he created death after he created life...................etc etc...............

after that, Brahma ''woke up'' and realize he's not the creator at all.................

If brahma isn't the creator then who is? Anyway want to hear a more entertaining story? Oncvishnu and brahma were having a conversation so Vishnu asked brahma who is more powerful brahma said he's theMost powerful
since he created the world and this angered shiva since this trident holding dancing fool with the dick is supposed to be the most powerful in the universe. So he reincarnates into another form with another name and chops off one of brahma's heads so he now has 3 heads. See how they mind fuck you? He Ned's to be reborn into something else to chop off that guys head and he has 4 heads so losing a few is fine.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
pundek tambye James Vanilla,
This thread is for you to read and understand your faith first before talking nonsense on real science like those christian nuts:wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If the same question were to ask any stupid Christians they will tell you their god have plans ( that's the best answer to get off a difficult questions ) lol .