• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hi , I am Amanda Fong ,

Ultŕaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Thursday September 13, 2012 MYT 3:10:00 PM

Police to probe further case of hubby abusing teenage wife

By ELWEEN LOKE and CHERYL HEW

IPOH: Police will now probe further into the case of a teenager who was allegedly abused by her husband now that more information has emerged.

State CID chief Datuk Dzuraidi Ibrahim said police will summon Amanda Fong, 19, and Calven Chik, 26, to record their statements again.

He said the investigation papers, which were submitted to the deputy public prosecutor earlier, had been returned to the police.

“As more details on the case are published in the media, we see a need to call them to give statements again in order to produce a more comprehensive report," he told reporters at the Perak Police Hari Raya open house here.

He said earlier statements received by the police showed a case of domestic violence as a result of business conflict.

A CCTV footage showing Fong being abused went viral last month.

The state Welfare Department has obtained an interim restraining order to protect Fong against her husband for alleged domestic violence.

Meanwhile, Chik has revealed additional footage of the incident to clear up his name.

The additional hour-long footage was shown to reporters at a press conference Thursday.

“The reason I am going public now is because there have been many rumours and allegations against me based on the partial footage uploaded by my wife Amanda Fong, 19, on Facebook," he said.

Ultŕaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friday September 14, 2012

Hubby reveals more in teen wife abuse case

IPOH: Calven Chik, the man who was featured in a CCTV recording allegedly abusing his teenage wife, has revealed additional footage of the incident to clear his name.

The hour-long additional footage was shown to reporters during a press conference at a hotel here.

Chik decided to show the footage to quash allegations against him based on the partial footage uploaded by his wife Amanda Fong, 19, on Facebook recently.

n_pg28chik.jpg

My tale: Chik sharing his side of the story during the press conference in Ipoh.

Throughout the viewing session, Chik, 26, described to reporters what was happening and the reason behind his actions.

He claimed his wife was violently hitting him while he was trying to restrain and get her to calm down.

“I didn't let her leave the shop as she is known to disappear for hours, which is dangerous as she is two months pregnant,” he claimed.

Chik claimed the additional footage showed that he had tried to console his wife and persuade her to go to the hospital after the initial struggle, contrary to claims that he continued hitting her throughout the ordeal.

Chik, who was accompanied by his father, younger brother and a friend, “felt betrayed when he first discovered the videos uploaded by Fong”.

“Because of the videos, I have received threats through phone calls, SMSes and Facebook messages from people all around the world.

“All I can do now is clarify my actions and wait for the police to wrap up investigations,” he said, adding that he still loved his wife but the decision to reconcile did not lie with him.

Police, meanwhile, said the couple would be called to have their statements recorded again following the latest development.

Perak Criminal Investigations Department chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Dzuraidi Ibrahim said the investigation papers, which have been submitted to the DPP's office earlier, had also been retracted.