• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heart inflammation in young men ages of 12 and 24 higher than expected after mRNA vaccines: US CDC

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is science and fact. In Pfizer's filing with FDA, 86% of the kids below 18 had side-effects, higher than adults.
https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download
Don't ask me if any died but 2.66% did not take the second dose.
Side effects or serious adverse effects? Having a sore arm after an injection is a side effect, dying from being vaccinated is an adverse effect.

Sinkees are lucky in that they don't see the terrible effects of COVID19 until they themselves are lying in hospital, trying to breathe and fighting for their lives. It's the same way one views a disease like cancer. One will never understand the suffering until one gets it. Until one gets it, he or she will appreciate science a whole lot more...

The COVID19 Vaccines protect 95% and should one get the disease, it downgrades the disease to a mild form, preventing death or serious illness. Read the research that goes behind the discovery of the various vaccines and you will understand.

Despite the crazy conspiracies and hateful information some losers here are trying to spread, vaccines do work. Nobody is trying to kill anyone. Over 2 billion vaccinated people around the world didn't all die. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
"Consent to sharing only within this chat group"? Why? If it's real and of great concern to anyone, they should broadcast it everywhere...

I have no idea but regardless of the limitations imposed the question to be asked is whether it was caused by the vaccine.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea but regardless of the limitations imposed the question to be asked is whether it was caused by the vaccine.
I beg to differ... If this is fake info, everything else, including the question about vaccine would be irrelevant.

Anyone can go on social media and say anything they want without anything to back it up. Only a moron will believe anything that is shared privately in a chat group.

Credibility is important too. Case in point: Who the fark will believe anything else you say when all your "facts" are proven false... masks, pdms, vaccines, COVID19...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I beg to differ... If this is fake info, everything else, including the question about vaccine would be irrelevant.

Anyone can go on social media and say anything they want without anything to back it up. Only a moron will believe anything that is shared privately in a chat group.

Credibility is important too. Case in point: Who the fark will believe anything else you say when all your "facts" are proven false... masks, pdms, vaccines, COVID19...

I fully agree that credibility is important which is why the mainstream media has shot itself in the foot.

As for me all I do is present the data and question the agenda while pointing out that the data does not support the narrative. EG if masks worked then why are states in the USA where very few are wearing masks have done just as well (or badly) as those where almost everyone, save a few defiant characters is masked up as a badge of honor.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree that credibility is important which is why the mainstream media has shot itself in the foot.

As for me all I do is present the data and question the agenda while pointing out that the data does not support the narrative. EG if masks worked then why are states in the USA where very few are wearing masks have done just as well (or badly) as those where almost everyone, save a few defiant characters is masked up as a badge of honor.
Credibility also means not presenting data taken from dubious sources...

I'll be straight with you: Your data have zero credibility and you use them to support your crazy, unbelievable theories about things everyone, even children, knows to be untrue.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Credibility also means not presenting data taken from dubious sources...

I'll be straight with you: Your data have zero credibility and you use them to support your crazy, unbelievable theories about things everyone, even children, knows to be untrue.

The data is taken from the same source that many other institutions use.

If you can point me to a more reliable source I'd be happy to use what you suggest.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.24.56 PM.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I took a look at the graphs from covidtracker.com and they show exactly the same trends as ourworldindata.com

Here's the graphs for India.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.39.29 PM.png

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘Emergency meeting’ called over Covid vaccine concerns
A syringe is filled with the Pfizer vaccine. Picture: Thomas Kienzle/AFPSource:AFP

Dr Scott Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and current Pfizer board member, addressed the issue on CNBC today.

“Look, it’s definitely a signal. And it needs to be investigated by the FDA and the CDC,” Dr Gottlieb said of the CDC data.

“At this point, there does seem to be a clustering of cases around 16-24. About 8.8 per cent of all the people who’ve received the vaccine are between those ages, and about 53 per cent of the reports of pericarditis and myocarditis that the FDA has received have been in that age group. So there does appear to be a clustering of cases in that age group.

“Most of the cases are mild and self-limiting, they’ve been treated. There’s a handful of people who have got more seriously ill, and been hospitalised with this condition. But it needs to be looked at.

“The question is, what could be the connection between the vaccine and these observations? Is the vaccine creating some sort of inflammatory state that is then leading to this inflammation? And if so, what is the approach going to be?

“At this point, the risk-benefit still favours vaccination, certainly in this age group. That’s what the CDC and FDA have also affirmed. But if indeed you find a link between the vaccine and these cases of heart inflammation in younger patients, it could open questions like, do you formulate the vaccine at a lower dose, which is already being done for younger patients.

“So you want to get to the bottom of this, so you can try to come up with an approach that mitigates this potential risk.”

He said it was possible the cases of heart inflammation were caused by something unrelated to the vaccines, such as coxsackievirus.

“It’s possible – and I’m not saying this is the case – it’s possible that there has been some epidemic spread of coxsackievirus, or enterovirus, or echovirus, or other viruses that cause pericarditis, around the same time that we were vaccinating younger Americans,” he said.

“That more younger Americans were getting vaccinated, they were also going out and about, and they were getting more common viruses that would cause pericarditis, and we just happen to have a preponderance of it.

“That’s one possibility. I’m not saying that’s the case, I think at this point you need to assume that there’s a causal relationship between the vaccine and these observations, until you can prove otherwise.”

Dr Gottlieb stressed that whatever the cause, the symptoms were extremely rare.

“These are still low numbers,” he said.

“When you look at the number of people who are having severe cases of pericarditis, it’s very small numbers right now. Most of these are very mild cases.”

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

4 young men in Singapore had heart inflammation after Covid-19 jabs, all have recovered​

As a precaution, vaccinated people should avoid strenuous physical activity for one week after their second dose.
As a precaution, vaccinated people should avoid strenuous physical activity for one week after their second dose.ST PHOTO: KUA CHEE SIONG
ng_wei_kai.png

Ng Wei Kai

• UPDATED
    7 HOURS AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - Four young men in Singapore had heart inflammation after receiving their second dose of Covid-19 vaccine.
The men - aged 18 to 30 - have all recovered from myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart), said the country's expert committee on the Covid-19 vaccination in a statement on Friday night (June 11).
Most of the cases were reported to have occurred within a few days after the second jab.
This is out of a total of six such cases reported by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA). However, the benefits of getting a Covid-19 jab outweigh the risks, said the expert committee.
As a precaution, the expert panel said vaccinated people, especially adolescents and younger men, should avoid strenuous physical activity for one week after their second dose.
During this period, they should seek medical attention if they develop chest pain, shortness of breath or abnormal heartbeats, it said.

"Most cases are mild, recover without the need for significant intervention and do not suffer any long-term effects, although very rarely, severe cases may result in damage to the heart muscles," said the expert committee.
"Our assessment is that the benefits of receiving the mRNA Covid-19 vaccines - the reduction in Covid-19 infections and severe complications even if infected - continue to outweigh the risks of vaccination."
The four cases reported by the HSA are aged between 18 and 30, and had their symptoms a few days after receiving the second dose of an mRNA-based vaccine.
Both Covid-19 vaccines in Singapore - by Pfizer-BioNtech and Moderna - use such technology.

All four men have recovered or have been discharged from hospital.
The expert committee added that the four cases here are at "the upper end of the expected range of this age group, based on background incidence rates".
"While further studies and investigations are ongoing, the currently available data suggests that there may be a very small risk of myocarditis and pericarditis after the second dose of an mRNA vaccine, particularly in young men," it said.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC​

No evidence that vaccines can directly cause heart attacks and strokes: HSA

S'pore experts debunk claims of link between Covid-19 vaccines and neurological diseases

The expert committee also said that heart inflammation following the second dose of the vaccine has been observed in Israel and the United States in men below 25.
The risk is estimated to be at 1.6 cases per 100,000 doses in the US.
It added that there has been no increased risk associated with the first dose of the vaccine, and that the condition is generally more common in men than women.
In May, it was reported that 20 cases of anaphylaxis - a severe life-threatening allergic reaction - had happened in Singapore in relation to the Covid-19 vaccine.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC​

Anaphylaxis and other Covid-19 vaccine side effects: Should I be worried?

Getting vaccinated? Dos and don'ts before and after your Covid-19 jab

In a separate update, the HSA said cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported with Covid-19 vaccines both overseas and locally.
Myocarditis and pericarditis have many causes and most are due to viral infections and immunological reactions, it said, and in most cases, the inflammation is mild.
The authority has received six reports of myocarditis and pericarditis, of which four were in men younger than 30 years.
"HSA will continue to monitor this potential safety issue closely," it added.

Get unlimited access to all stories at $0.99/month​

• Latest headlines and exclusive stories.
  • In-depth analyses and award-winning multimedia content
  • Get access to all with our no-contract promotional package at only $0.99/month* for the first 3 months
Subscribe Now
* Terms and conditions apply
Join ST's Telegram channel here and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.

• THE STRAITS TIMES

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, the benefits of getting a Covid-19 jab outweigh the risks, said the expert committee.
There is no benefit in this vaccine at all. The HSA has no knowledge or expertise in nanotechnology and its hidden effect on the human body. You allow nano device to be in your body which means someone from somewhere can control the nano device and command your health in their press of a button. They want you dead or sick, they can do it with their remote control.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As i've said b4 30 deaths (half imported) in 1.5yrs no critical conditions all along and everyone has been asymptomatic even though we have 63k infected.

This is our facts for SG hence even if the vaccine is 95% really really safe w/o any other hidden or not yet found complications it is still a huge risk because our stats means our Covid is 0.0006% lethal or Deadly only.

Lesser serious than our usual seasonal flu conditions. No one ever had any blood clots or heart inflammatory conditions or other additional deaths from our covid till this vaccination exercise started, am i wrong ?

This is our stats our facts we're here we know, is it not ? If without all the media and news and fear mongering we're actually better off than our usual seasonal flu conditions.

Our state media said last year entire year there was zero flu reported or related deaths. So we got 30 covid deaths (half imported) in 1.5yrs out of 5.5 million people what's the big deal ?!

What Covid what pandemic, ranjiao lah. 白痴的你们 lol.............

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
India's numbers continue to plunge and are now lower than the UK despite India's vaccination rate being way lower.

Here's the numbers for 11 June 2021.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 6.52.08 PM.png