• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He played a young army boy who sought to lose his virginity in Geylang.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - latest idiot from NTU think he hero !</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>madmansg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-24 1:41 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17553.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Graduation speech became protest
A top graduate from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) turned his valedictorian speech into a protest of sorts at yesterday's commencement ceremony.
It was the graduation ceremony of the first batch of students from the School of Art, Design and Media.
Valedictorian Loo Zihan said he had wanted to talk about "integrity" and "breaking new boundaries" in his original speech but changed his mind due to a recent incident.
Last Friday, he received a note to change the poster for his thesis film as it was deemed "inappropriate" for display during the convocation ceremony. He said:
"My first thought was to make the changes to the poster as required - but subsequently, as I was practicing for this speech, I realized that I could not say the words I drafted originally with conviction and authority by subjecting my work to censorship which I did not understand. I felt a sense of responsibility to my fellow graduates, who have voted me in as Valedictorian to speak up on their behalf."
The poster for his film "Threshold" shows a shirtless man standing at a basin while hands from behind hold his left shoulder and waist. A mirror in front of him shows the reflection of another man.
It was on display at the school for more than two weeks but he was asked to modify it for display at the convocation as small children may be attending. It was eventually not displayed.
He also admitted that "some of my projects have been deliberately provocative" but believed that "this image was not such an example".
In the rest of the speech, he exhorted his fellow graduates to face challenges "objectively" and thanked all the families for their support. He also hailed their graduation as "local history in the making".
Not a stranger to controversy, Mr Loo stripped for a Singapore film "Pleasure Factory" directed by Ekachai Uekrongtham in 2007. He played a young army boy who sought to lose his virginity in Geylang.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - latest idiot from NTU think he hero !</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>madmansg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-24 1:41 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17553.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Graduation speech became protest
A top graduate from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) turned his valedictorian speech into a protest of sorts at yesterday's commencement ceremony.
It was the graduation ceremony of the first batch of students from the School of Art, Design and Media.
Valedictorian Loo Zihan said he had wanted to talk about "integrity" and "breaking new boundaries" in his original speech but changed his mind due to a recent incident.
Last Friday, he received a note to change the poster for his thesis film as it was deemed "inappropriate" for display during the convocation ceremony. He said:
"My first thought was to make the changes to the poster as required - but subsequently, as I was practicing for this speech, I realized that I could not say the words I drafted originally with conviction and authority by subjecting my work to censorship which I did not understand. I felt a sense of responsibility to my fellow graduates, who have voted me in as Valedictorian to speak up on their behalf."
The poster for his film "Threshold" shows a shirtless man standing at a basin while hands from behind hold his left shoulder and waist. A mirror in front of him shows the reflection of another man.
It was on display at the school for more than two weeks but he was asked to modify it for display at the convocation as small children may be attending. It was eventually not displayed.
He also admitted that "some of my projects have been deliberately provocative" but believed that "this image was not such an example".
In the rest of the speech, he exhorted his fellow graduates to face challenges "objectively" and thanked all the families for their support. He also hailed their graduation as "local history in the making".
Not a stranger to controversy, Mr Loo stripped for a Singapore film "Pleasure Factory" directed by Ekachai Uekrongtham in 2007. He played a young army boy who sought to lose his virginity in Geylang.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He IS a hero......not because he designed a provocative poster nor because he played a controversial film role. He is a hero because he has the guts to speak out what he believes in..and that too during a valedictorian speech. This forum is filled with people who whine and complain, including the thread starter, but how many have the guts to attempt what this young fellow did?
Any takers??????Before calling someone an idiot....reflect..carefully.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
in this kind of people is the hope for our future of the true-blue singaporean (not some imported foreign particle).

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN people are famous because they are intelligent or creative and do something fantastic that no one else has done - such as climbed Mt Everest without oxygen tanks, design a thumbdrive over floppery diskettes, discover vaccines for H1N1, or pass GCE O level Physics at the age of 12.

If stripping bare and strolling along Holland Villlage, or posting an xxx performance with their boyfriend on Youtube is their idea of being creative or famous, then we can thrown the country to the dog...

They think they are superior or original, I think they are simply mad.

tititata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just cannot understand. Why are there so many gays & lesbians (closeted and out) in the arts, theater, fashion, creative ads and media industries. Is it because of the culture and safe waters there or just a coincidence?