• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB propery tax to increase .why??????????????????????

Colonel

Coffers are emptying, time to leech more now, otherwise it can't be done as the next election draws near.

I refer you to the law which requires Sinkies to pay GST for goods purchased abroad.

Sinkies' failure to confront, makes leeches fat.

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry too much they will offer some goodies with a kickback in place ( more tax is some other form)......
yeah know that too well.everytime we rec some goodies ,end up paying more and longer.

they are good at making money out of problems.so i try not to compain.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hand in hand, heart to heart, together we progress...
sounds familiar? :eek::eek::eek:

You forget, NOBODY WILL BE LEFT BEHIND!! sound familiar?? they are kicking our behinds again! thank you 60%! xia! xia!, gum xia!, tor chia!..terimah kasi!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Property tax is a smart avenue to tax the masses. A little from each one and it amounts to a lot.

should be abolished. like tv tax. already paid stamp duty etc etc when buying the property . still got lifelong tax....

thats why owning property is not all that wonderful as its made out to be.......highly overated.... just my own personal opinion, not pity needed

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property tax is a tax on wealth and is meant to reduce income inequality. Oh, but of course it hits the middle class disproportionately with respect to their wealth. :smile:

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property tax is a tax on wealth and is meant to reduce income inequality. Oh, but of course it hits the middle class disproportionately with respect to their wealth. :smile:

that mean they should tax those ppl with 2 property ,one could be rented out to generate income and

not those owner occupied property.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in the news today HDB property tax to increase.
why?????????????????????////
market rents of HDB flats have increase.what the fcuk this got to do with me.
I live in my flat and I did not rent it out
Why do our garmen needs to collect so much taxes???????
WP members what are u opinion on this ???
do u support more taxes????

song song kow jurong.

Is there something amiss ? is there a contradiction ? :o:o:o:o

some said HDB flat is LEASED to you as stated on the paper issued by HDB.
your do not owned the property.

if you are not owner why have to pay property tax ah ? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

very cunning and greedy. :mad::mad::mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rate increased not just for HDB. I live in a condo and I received notification from IRAS 2 days back that it has adjusted upwards my property tax because it said that the rental rate for a similar sized unit had increased. I had to read the notice carefully as I thought IRAS mistook that I was renting out my place. I finally saw the words "owner-occupier". So, even when I don't rent out I have to pay. It is just simply more free money for the govt.

This is the reason why I am trying to leave this place.

Congratulations, your area must have been picked on this year:rolleyes:
I was one of the unlucky ones last year picked on for this re-assessment.

Seems that IRAS picks on some areas each year. You can try to challenge them but you'll have to do your own homework e.g. find out the rentals being charged in your area, get documentary proof, etc

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations, your area must have been picked on this year:rolleyes:
I was one of the unlucky ones last year picked on for this re-assessment.

Seems that IRAS picks on some areas each year. You can try to challenge them but you'll have to do your own homework e.g. find out the rentals being charged in your area, get documentary proof, etc

There has been more market activity in my area this past year, including a successful en bloc close by. I suspect that those who were in that en bloc development want to remain in the general area and are therefore looking to buy or rent in my own development. I would be very happy if my own condo development went en bloc. I would gladly accept a 30% upside on current going price. With that I would have more options. But so far no sign of developers even showing any interest.