• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious HDB 5-Room Flats Resale Prices In Many Places Up By 25-40% Since 2020! Sinkies Huat Big Time! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1667729574592.png

1667729622138.png

1667729634511.png

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are just plain stupid being sucked into the system! Paying over 1m for public housing which in actual fact u don't even owned the flat @The end of 99yrs as it becomes NIL value...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies are just plain stupid being sucked into the system! Paying over 1m for public housing which in actual fact u don't even owned the flat @The end of 99yrs as it becomes NIL value...

By the end of the 99 years, even the children of the sinkies who bought the BTO or resale flat would have been dead of old age.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the end of the 99 years, even the children of the sinkies who bought the BTO or resale flat would have been dead of old age.
Of course everybody knows that.. But if u had bought a FH private property, it still can be handed over to your grandchildren n after or it can even be liquidated to get back some money..
But the main point here is it still has value to it rather than not worth anything @ all.....

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course everybody knows that.. But if u had bought a FH private property, it still can be handed over to your grandchildren n after or it can even be liquidated to get back some money..
But the main point here is it still has value to it rather than not worth anything @ all.....

Most sinkies would have liquidated their BTO HDB flats within the first 10-15 years of purchase.

The finale resale buyer of the HDB flat would have bought the flat with his eyes open, knowing that the remaining lease would be too short to attract much resale attention.

Willing buyer, willing seller, remaining lease made known up front without any tricks. I don't see what's the issue here. Neither do most resale flat buyers.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies would have liquidated their BTO HDB flats within the first 10-15 years of purchase.

The finale resale buyer of the HDB flat would have bought the flat with his eyes open, knowing that the remaining lease would be too short to attract much resale attention.

Willing buyer, willing seller, remaining lease made known up front without any tricks. I don't see what's the issue here. Neither do most resale flat buyers.
There's no issue as it's up to the individual.
Main contention here is if u had bought FH property, the property stays with u forever n for your generations down the road.
U can't have this option for HDB..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's no issue as it's up to the individual.
Main contention here is if u had bought FH property, the property stays with u forever n for your generations down the road.
U can't have this option for HDB..

As you said, it's up to the individual. Be it FH or 99 year lease, the property will outlive you and your next generation. That's the main intention of HDB property ownership. No one is getting cheated with a 99 year lease because they know upfront it's a leasehold.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you said, it's up to the individual. Be it FH or 99 year lease, the property will outlive you and your next generation. That's the main intention of HDB property ownership. No one is getting cheated with a 99 year lease because they know upfront it's a leasehold.
[/QUO I don't agree....
I don't agree..
If u buy a point block 5room HDB in Marine Parade or Bedok South, they're coming 50yrs old n they cost about 900k averaging.. Assuming you're 45 now n you live another 30-35yrs, by the time u pass it down it'll have a leasehold of about 15-20yrs remaining, definitely your next generation will outlive the property...

Last edited:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree..
If u buy a point block 5room HDB in Marine Parade or Bedok South, they're coming 50yrs old n they cost about 900k averaging.. Assuming you're 45 now n you live another 30-35yrs, by the time u pass it down it'll have a leasehold of about 15-20yrs remaining, definitely your next generation will outlive the property...

Never buy a resale apartment that is coming to 50 years old (consumed half of the 99 years lease), this is a bad choice :frown:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't agree..

If I were a HDB flat owner, I would be horrified and very very disappointed if my next generation planned to inherit and live out their days in my HDB flat.

My next generation should have grown up, bought their own BTO flat and moved out by the time they are in their late 20s to early 30s. They should be the American version of loser adult kids who still stay with their parents.

That has been the case for vast majority of sinkie households. That's why PAP has been reclaiming more land to build more flats for young sinkies who marry and move out of their parents' homes. The only next generation who live with their parents until the 99 year lease is almost up are usually losers who can't get married and are complete failures at work.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a matter of LPPL,
if u buy to stay it makes no difference, but somewhere along the line, an old fart said your hdb will appreciate in the long term, thats a fucking lie

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inflation and unemployment will cause PAP to lost another 2 GRCs. Most people expect the Eastern zone and West Coast GRCs to fall to WP and Cheng Bock party. Another reason is, PAP do not have exemplary leadership team, most 4G are just there for show and seat warming. Even Lawrence Lian Po Po said he "will try" to lead. Imagine you are on board the plane, and the bunch of 4G pilots eyeballing each other and the main captain said he "will try".

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inflation and unemployment will cause PAP to lost another 2 GRCs. Most people expect the Eastern zone and West Coast GRCs to fall to WP and Cheng Bock party. Another reason is, PAP do not have exemplary leadership team, most 4G are just there for show and seat warming. Even Lawrence Lian Po Po said he "will try" to lead.

Where have I heard that b4?