• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hawker centre stall rent bid $5k. pap laugh happily to the bank as consumer will pay higher food prices

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
See how well PAP takes care of the muuds? No wonder most muuds vote for PAP during elections.
And pap gave these m&ds an ah neh mudslimes president and these m&ds still kpkb.....pap should have expelled the whole lot of them after independence

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are indeed stupid because the m&d fearing govt has an irrational fear for it .
Fearing that they will outgrow population with their liberal habit of sex without thinking of any consequences.

But I think the Chinese should bid lower and get themselves a Halal certification.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are indeed stupid because the m&d fearing govt has an irrational fear for it .
Fearing that they will outgrow population with their liberal habit of sex without thinking of any consequences.

But I think the Chinese should bid lower and get themselves a Halal certification.
Unlike chinese, love making is very passionate to malays. If only this can be transferred to the work ethics.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the m&d having so much energy and effort left in their tank and bidded only $500 per stall, why should Chinese bid 5000 per month and they don't have any kids to help out.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt if there are any ethic quotas or racial privileges when it comes to bidding for NEA Hawker stalls. I believe it is more a case of variety & diversity of food type mix that NEA considers when awarding successful rental bids, not just on amount$ bided alone.

However, the bidding system may become a runaway case akin to our COE system - those with deeper wallets will outbid others & passing the costs to customers. Questions thus beg - why did they bid so high? They could have open restaurants or invested in other forms with better ROI without the sweat, hardwork, & lower social status as hawkers...or were there ulterior financial motives behind such bids?

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
I doubt if there are any ethic quotas or racial privileges when it comes to bidding for NEA Hawker stalls. I believe it is more a case of variety & diversity of food type mix that NEA considers when awarding successful rental bids, not just on amount$ bided alone.

However, the bidding system may become a runaway case akin to our COE system - those with deeper wallets will outbid others & passing the costs to customers. Questions thus beg - why did they bid so high? They could have open restaurants or invested in other forms with better ROI without the sweat, hardwork, & lower social status as hawkers...or were there ulterior financial motives behind such bids?
end of day pap is a fucker government

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole idea of a stall is to allow low and income people to start a business. If it's base on rental bidding, then the entire concept is wrong.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole idea of a stall is to allow low and income people to start a business. If it's base on rental bidding, then the entire concept is wrong.
I fully agree with you on that, Mr. Syed Putra. It gives a chance for them to aspire & live life, in an alternative & HONEST way than the route that academics take. I had witnessed some of them whom serve great food & are successful, & once out of the stall, wore immaculate clothes, drive nice cars, pay for a condo, take holidays overseas & send their kids to Uni, a perception that most would not associate with presumed low social status but honest job as hawkers.

Perhaps, awareness need to be spread out to more, so that MORE citizens may sit down & discuss the issues of high rentals or even the bidding process to their Elected legislators & find solutions to it before it is too late, like our runaway COE bidding system.

Decades back, it is common that the husband is the sole breadwinner in the family & the wife does not work but takes care of the family, & thus have the time to cook delicious meals for the entire family & share valuable family time over dinner. The cost of living was lower, but so too were salaries.

However, in this modern age, where BOTH husband & wife are working, it would strain family ties & time if both were to rush home after work, pick up kids, then prepare, cook, eat & wash up after dinner. Time is valuable in this era, thus eating out is NOT a luxury, but a necessity, thanks to fellow citizens whom are hardworking enough to set up hygienic modern day hawker stalls & with low rents/economical of scale in food preparations, are able to offer low cost foods to our productive & hardworking citizens, & much more.

Such will change if food & rentals rise & so too our social fabric & national compact.