• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Hats off to Trump!!!!

AlGhofran

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like my friend Tonychat, people who like to watch or post from Next News Network are all idiots and losers who had lost their minds.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like my friend Tonychat, people who like to watch or post from Next News Network are all idiots and losers who had lost their minds.

Why are you watching the Fake News Centre of the USA?

Why are you sucking PAP's dick to earn a living?

trump takes on China like a real man, your PAP master loong kanna ass screwed by China.. huge difference!!!!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Mr. Trump,

You don't know me but I'm Terry Gou, the man who makes your iPhone.

Let me start by congratulating you on the election. Your victory made me consider running for office myself. Next time you talk with the president of Taiwan, it might be me on the other end of the line.

We have a lot in common, you and I. We're both billionaires (although I am richer), we both like to build things, we're both married to gorgeous younger women, and we both hate Wall Street.

I know that you've been telling your constituents that you're going to create a lot of jobs, so I want to give you some advice. First, you don't actually have to create any jobs, you just have to make people think you're going to create them. I am sure you're familiar with the concept.

Actually, I can help you with that. If you look at Brazil, Indonesia, India and half a dozen Chinese provinces, you'll see that my work speaks for itself.

Take Indonesia, one of my proudest achievements. Oh no, I haven't built a single iPhone there and probably never will. During closed-door discussions, they allowed themselves to believe I might invest $10 billion in a mobile-phone factory. It's not my fault some over-eager politician, keen to burnish his reputation as a can-do leader, blabbed to the media.

All I need to do is lay out my demands and watch while the bureaucrats and politicians argue about whether they can afford to have me or risk falling short on a campaign pledge.

So that's where you and I need to talk. I hear you've been telling people you're going to get Apple to build stuff in America. Well, you see, Tim Cook doesn't build things, I do. In fact, I got $75 billion in revenue from them last year.

I am a doer, Mr. Trump. I get things done. When Apple told me to start making iPhones in Brazil to get around import tariffs, I made it happen. It didn't create much employment, mind you, because I just exported pre-fabricated iPhones for the locals to slot together -- kind of like Lego -- but it got the job done. And by job, I mean kept Apple's and Brazil's leaders happy. And who do you think paid for it? Not me.

If you want iPhones to be made in America, I can make that happen, too. Heck, I can set up a production line in Trump Towers if you like, but the costs will be yuuuge. I have to cover my expenses, which include factories, labor and transport. You see, I don't manufacture in China just because it's cheaper, but because thousands of suppliers are there, within spitting distance of my factories and the one million people I employ during peak season.

I can deploy more robots in the U.S., sure, but it can take months to train them whereas humans can be taught in a few hours. Besides, more robots means fewer jobs.

Bumping up your import tariffs won't change the equation much, but give me tax breaks, subsidies to hire workers, cheap electricity and free land, and I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. Let me know what numbers you want to Tweet, and I've got your back.

But just remember: Like that wall you're planning to build, somebody's going to have to pay. And it won't be me, let me tell you.

Best,
Terry Gou
Chairman, Foxconn Technology Group.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2016-12-07/dear-mr-trump-about-those-u-s-iphones

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the iphones that are sold in america,apple is paying taxes on them?or does apple not have to declare taxes in america and simply shift their headquarters somewhere?

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update: Foxconn has released a statement to IBTimes confirming its exploration of an expansion in the U.S..

Foxconn Statement:

"We can confirm that we are in preliminary discussions regarding a potential investment that would represent an expansion of our current US operations. While the scope of the potential investment has not been determined, we will announce the details of any plans following the completion of direct discussions between our leadership and the relevant US officials. Those plans would be made based on mutually-agreed terms."

Foxconn Technology Group, which manufactures Apple’s iPhones and other devices, is in first-stage discussions about expanding in the U.S., the Taiwan-based company said according to The Wall Street Journal.

“We can confirm that we are in preliminary discussions regarding a potential investment that would represent an expansion of our current U.S. operations,” Foxconn, formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. said in a statement to the Journal .

The company did not immediately respond to the IBTimes for comment.

The statement comes after sharp criticism from president-elect Donald Trump over U.S. companies’ manufacturing of their products overseas. Trump promised to implement a 45 percent tariff on goods made in China (though Trump's businesses have their own problem with Chinese-made products ), where many Apple products and parts are made.

"We're going to get Apple to build their damn computers and things in this country instead of in other countries," he said in January.

"How does it help us when they make it in China?" Trump said in March.

But Apple CEO Tim Cook previously said in a 60 Minutes interview the U.S. did not have enough skilled workers for the manufacturing of iPhones.

"Even if Trump imposes a 45 percent tariff, it is still possible that manufacturers will decide to continue production overseas as long as the costs together with the tariffs are lower than the amount they need to spend on building and running production lines in the U.S," he said.

Foxconn’s statement confirms previous rumors reported by Nikkei.

Related Stories
Rumor: 'iPhone 7s' and 'iPhone 7s Plus' Will Come in New Color Red Next Year
iOS Sees Highest U.S. Market Share in 2 Years After Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall
"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source told Nikkei.

Foxconn, which makes more than 200 million iPhones every year overseas, complied with Apple’s instructions, but Pegatron “declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns," the source said.

Foxconn Chairman Terry Gou expressed his concern on the increase in production costs. As of now, it costs an estimated $225 for Apple to make its latest 32GB iPhone 7, while the devices are sold for $649.

"Making iPhones in the U.S. means the cost will more than double," the source said.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trump using his wits and balls to get business to invest in USA that create jobs for US citizens and improve the economy.

sinkie faggot Loong open sinkie legs to allow foreign trash to come to sinkieland to compete for jobs against locals.

that is the outcome from stupid,ignorant and selfish sinkies vote. Stay away from sinkies.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh are like gangsters will form unions to demand pay rise and take company to court.

Like I said angmoh produced 100 lawyers to 4 engineers every years.
Whereas chinese produced 4 lawyers to 100 engineers every years.

Angmoh cuntries go jiak sia.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
theres no fucking way foxconn or China will ever want to use fat lazy stupid american fucks to power their factories,when they have a billion willing hardworking slaves back home who will never say no.theres absolutely nothing China need from America except for their marketplace,theres no cheap oil in US,no cheap steel or copper or coal or iron.....all these can be found in russia,asia and africa.

the only reason foxconn is willing to open factories in US is if the americans are willing to share some top secret technology or they just received a governmental contract to produce 2 million cherry qq's to flood walmart and kill americans with.

Last edited: