• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hassan Sunny makes it to the BBC News. Peesai goalie become famous liao

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal

China fans send Singapore goalkeeper money as thank-you​

Hassan Sunny pictured while playing for Singapore
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Hassan Sunny made his Singapore debut in 2004, aged 19
    • Published
      14 June 2024, 09:15 BST

www.bbc.com

Singapore goalkeeper Hassan Sunny says he has received money from Chinese football fans after his 11 saves against Thailand in a World Cup qualifying match helped China reach the next round.

China's hopes of making the final stage of Asian qualifying for the 2026 tournament were slim following a 1-0 defeat by South Korea in Seoul on Tuesday.

Thailand then needed to beat Singapore by three goals in Bangkok to move second in Group C above China, which would have resulted in China's exit from the competition.

Thailand did defeat bottom side Singapore 3-1, but China progressed thanks to 40-year-old Hassan's multiple saves.

Hassan told Singapore's state broadcaster CNA a picture of a payment QR code from the food stall he runs has been circulated online which fans have then used to transfer money.

"I did enjoy it for a while. I was like, 'oh OK, money coming in'," he said on Thursday.

"But having said that, I was thinking, 'when is this going to stop? Is this legal?'"

Hassan did not disclose how much money he had been sent but added: "I think we have to stop somewhere."

His family's stall, Dapur Hassan, which is located in the eastern suburbs of Singapore, has seen many Chinese fans visit since his heroics against Thailand, so much so that local reports said they ran out of food on Thursday.

"My family is obviously a bit shocked by all these messages," said Hassan.

"Especially my daughters. They're like, 'why do I see your face everywhere?'"

Last edited:

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
QR Payment Code is good. I should apply for one and stick everywhere in MRT Buses Supermarket, Wet Markets Hawker Centres etc.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China people appreciate Malays. Unlike local Chinese who are nazis racist.
Those china contractors after doing jobs in Malaysia/ Indonesia can speak malay and refuse to return. The quality of life away from their bosses in china is blissful.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
Those china contractors after doing jobs in Malaysia/ Indonesia can speak malay and refuse to return. The quality of life away from their bosses in china is blissful.
hokay noted. hope they don't get scam by tiongccps. good luck.

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Hassan Sunny, and not Ikhsan? He was the one who scored the goal that knocked the Thais out.

CopyCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cina Communist Lanjiao tactics:

1. Form an alliance or friendly relationship with your enemy.
2. Utilize the trust and lowered guard to your advantage, and finally attack

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually most Tiongs not racist. They may be insular, stare at an African, but no animosity. They're only interested in making money.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed so...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

chrome_screenshot_17 Jun 2024 02_19_34 GMT+08_00.png