• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Has any customer here been threatened to be sued by a goods and service supplier?

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Parents had the misfortune of firstly engaging a pushy self claimed Creative Director of a dubious Interior Design Company iNch Design Pte Ltd to do their family home interior renovations.:mad:

:mad:Despite putting down a first $100 deposit and then a $3,400 deposit, this Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd did not even deliver her services as promised (interior design drawings submitted in ink, not drawn to scale and interior designs were not according to my parents' preferences and this rude woman had on various occasions barked at my family members over the phone and in public (her furniture exhibition at Singapore Expo) for various reasons mainly to push forward the claims that whatever she said or do is right and we should just accept her recommendations) and even backed out on her verbal words that the total $3,500 deposit put in can be exchanged for furniture in her shop.

No amount of telephone or face to face reasoning with her resulted to any viable conclusion and we had since report to CASE.:*:

Now, Janet Lim had emailed and issue a threat in black and white to the CASE officer in charge of mediating our case that she and her fellow shareholder directors of iNch Design Pte Ltd will seek legal compensation against this customer for us to pay her the remaining amount totaling to $7000 ++ dollars for not engaging her interior designing services fully (and at all).:mad:

Should we feel threatened, at all?

Any advice from anyone here how can we consumers protect ourselves against such unreasonable and rude service provider such as Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte ltd?

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowledge is Power...I did my own researching and talked to many many people as well as seek professional advice from many professionals, i.e. CASE officers, legal professionals, business partners...

Fortunately, we consumers are protected by the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act (CPFTA).

Evidence here: http://www.case.org.sg/cpfta.htm

Therefore, I have since lodge a report at CASE against Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte ltd for the continuous BAD service we had received from her since my family had been pressured in to signing a badly phrased invoice contract from her.

Also I will ommence legal action at the Small Claims Tribunal against this supplier iNch Design Pte Ltd based on the fact that one of it's director Janet Lim Choon Lan@ Lim Sok Choo continuously without guilt and conscience conduct unfair trade practices. And under the CPFTA and with all the written, photographic and human witnesses evidences I had gathered, i have every rights to do so.

"The CPFTA will come into effect on 1 March 2004. It will facilitate a fairer trading environment for both consumers and businesses. The legislation will protect consumers, without adding onerous burdens to businesses and costs. The Act sets out a list of unfair trade practices where consumers can seek civil remedies by showing that traders have committed these practices. Traders who commit unfair trade practices will not be subject to criminal sanction.

With the Act in effect, consumers and suppliers must know their rights and responsibilities under the law."

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just Curious...
No body here got threatened by rude, bashful, thinking that they~are~always right;
BAD customer service and goods and service providers?

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Has any customer here been threatened by a goods and service supplier?

Before i go meet a lawyer tomorrow for further advice on CPFTA and how to prevent my reputation from further tarnished by rude and unreasonable characters such as Janet lim from iNch Design Pte Ltd, i would like to share with everyone here a posting made by a Singaporean in 2009...:mad:

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hi, i happen to come across this topic here, so i decide to 'contribute' my bad experience with Co*zy which i've also posted in S'porebr**es forum.....

I would like to share my displeasure with Co*zy Furniture e (the previous name of iNch Design Pte Ltd or before this small firm was set up by 3 partners, i suppose) from The furniture Mall #02-13/14.

My wife and i was at the Home Living exhibition in S'pore Expo when we came across their booth. We were attracted by their 'tatami bed frame', or so call designer's bed frames. We have very intend of purchasing from them but of cos we need to consider further, work out our budget and also at least complete our rounds at the expo (in case if there's another booth offering a even better deal), so i told the sale lady we need time to consider first and will get back to you again.

She refused to let us leave and continue to persuaded us to put down a deposits. She also showed us the file of invoices which many customers had placed the orders, boosting that some of the customers had even paid in full amount etc etc....

Typical actions of Janet Lim @ iNch Design Pte Ltd, she carries around with her a thick ring file of invoices to show to each and everyone of her "potential" clients...or a tatic practiced by the staff at iNch Design pte ltd...so typical...(Therefore dun get tricked by liars who claimed that they have lots of people doing business with them just because they showed you a thick file of carbonated invoices.)

Still i told her nicely that i'll still need time to think it over and....
before i could finish, another lady (abt late 40s 50s with a very tready golden hair do) interupted to further the persuation with a mix of chinese and hokkien. From her boosting, i gather that she is one of the senior staff, probably one of the designers of these bed. The way she talk is like passing sarcastic remarks as well insulting all the Interior Designers in S'pore when i told her i need to have the bed head board becos i'm having a feature wall on my bedroom. She blunted out:"Aiyo, the interior designers here no standard. I saw some of their designs no taste, even i also can design better, having been in this line of a number of years." Then she went on and on and on for about 1/2 hour until i got very fed up and had to interrupt her. I stood up, say thank you and pull my wife off.

But that was not the end! As we were walking off, she remarked (purposely loud enough to be heard) to the other sales lady, "Aiya, this sort of customer one look you know they can't afford to buy our beds, next time don't have to waste your time talking to them." That really triggered me and i turn around and confronted her what she means by the remarks. "What's the problem with you! Is it that i must buy from you now? Can't i even consider first before making a decision?"

She was shocked by my reaction and asking me why i need to shout. She herself also started to shout back, asking me to get out of her booth and threatened to call security.
Straight in her face to told her:" Go ahead and call whoever you want to call. I didn't do anything wrong, I have nothing to fear. Go ahead, i will wait for you here." She was so embarrassed that she just stomed out with her hp.
The other sales lady still have to cheer to ask me why i need to shout.

(i would like to add on here that Janet Lim @ iNch Design Pte Ltd recently dod use the above same tatcis on me and my parents...but being a public speaker, i was in no way embarrassed, in fact i even challenged this rude and unresonable Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd to call the security guards at Singapore Expo and Police if i really did shout at her.):mad::mad::mad:

By then it was already a huge scene at in the middle of the exhibition hall wth many people looking at us. But i don't give a damm care, I loudly dared her to repeat the sacrastic remarks being made. She just reply "i got no time to waste talking to you"
"Now you say no time, just time you boost non stop. If you have guts, u repeat and let everyone here hear that remarks you made on the customer. Yeah, let everyone hear what sort of good svc you provide."

(someone once said, never be intimidated by these rude 'Bengs/Lians' svc staff. Let them know that we are not easy target for them to chop carrot head. Expose them ie. purposely talk loud enough so that all their potiential customers in the shop or earnings for the day be loss. They are actually cowards hidden in the bullying turtle covers.)

All these while, my wife was pulling me to stop and just go. I told her these people must taught a lesson.

I hope for the best for those people that has placed their deposit with them , especially those who has already paid in full. To me. even if their product is so good, i would not risk purchasing from these jokers.

gotten from: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11361&st=40

>>>>>I do not think they are jokers. They are Liars and Bullies and we should not put up with such characters and the way they conduct unfair trading practices such as Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd.
:mad:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

see your post ....23/06/11 ...10:31am

25/06/11......08:00am

29/06 / 11.......07:43am

01/07/11.....10:40pm

you are ranting non-stop and no one reply you ....but you still carry on ranting ....if i am the boss of that company , your money i also dont want to earn ......krappppppppui .

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal

How i wish u are indeed the boss of that unscrupulous company.
then i can get back all my money sooner.:p

However, the fact that you took notice of all my postings and even took the trouble to reply me is of great encouragement (sincerely):rolleyes:

Do a google search on Janet Lim @ inch design pte ltd and see the number of social media postings there are about this dishonest person of no PROFESSIONAL integrity by the name of Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte ltd and you can reply them one by one by one to encourage them also.:biggrin:

see your post ....23/06/11 ...10:31am

25/06/11......08:00am

29/06 / 11.......07:43am

01/07/11.....10:40pm

you are ranting non-stop and no one reply you ....but you still carry on ranting ....if i am the boss of that company , your money i also dont want to earn ......krappppppppui .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If I'm the boss of that company ... I will sue you until your pants drop for slander my company name :wink: still dare to ask for money :smile:

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should not be afraid if someone wants to SUE us.

Dear Drifter, I can't help but reply to your comment...:p

Firstly, i come in peace without the intent to belittle you. :wink: I just want to inform you by replying to your post and to inform all other potential readers of this posting...:cool:

See, your comment is exactly the grave misconception that many Singaporeans have...

First and foremost, we should not be afraid of people to SUE us or even scared of thinking of that people WILL SUE us.

In fact, i have read, googled (nowadays if you have any questions, just google lor, GOD give us such a great gift why not use it properly?) and asked many many people enough to know that in the event "if the boss of the company were to sue me", not only will that claimant has to pay for all my legal fees , i can even seek the court of laws to get the claimant to compensate me will the time wasted, distress caused etc etc and therefore claim back even more $$$ than what i am asking for now. :p

so scared what?

I cannot emphasis enough Knowledge is POWER :biggrin:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
read on... if you have time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? This is because so long we have all our facts right and our conscience clear, anyone can threaten to sue us only to have themselves pay for all the damages and distress caused to us.

my reasoning:

Firstly, would anybody spend $50,000 to engage a qualified lawyer and book all the necessary legal premises (courtroom, judges' time etc... etc) <i/.e the basic cost to start a lawsuit> just to sue a respondent over a $4,000 matter?

i.e. not only will that person wanting to sue has to fork out $50,000 first, they would even have to risk for paying for all the legal and otherwise fees that the person they want to sue will incur. This means my lawyer will get his fees paid by the boss of this company wanting to sue and i'll sure get monetary compensation (better than winning 4D right?) for all the distress cased and professional time taken to entertain this court case.

also will any lawyer want to waste their time on such a indirect unclear grey case?
there is no such thing of want to SUE then sue lor. (but this do this, do apply to people who are with alot of money and time)

Also, we must be with knowledge that in the event somebody (i.e. a rude person such as Janet Lim of iNch Design PTe Ltd threatened to seek legal compensation on the full amount stated over goods not delivered and services not rendered) want to sue you. Go for legal consultation to see if the claimant has any direct case against you. Ask the law society for help: http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/probono/CLC/aboutCLC.aspx.

Or join CASE: refer to my earlier postings.

In Singapore, our community centres also have legal clinics for us to attend to.

We should not be afraid if anyone threaten to sue us, so long our conscience are clear.

By the way, the Singapore's court of laws will usually disregard comments and writings in cyberspace unless the relevant authorities has acted upon it (i.e. in September 2005, the Sedition Act was first used on individuals when three men, including a teenager, were charged for making seditious and inflammatory racist comments on the Internet.) otherwise it is a no case, the Consumers' Protection Fair Trading Act do not regard internet comments as highly as in the same capacity as the Sedition Act (in my own words).

I typed my postings in this forum merely to inform all my readers of my posting to be aware of such a character from such a company. This is no different from if i spend a whole afternoon in Singapore Expo telling and informing all the people who visit there to be aware of you-know-who and what i have experienced.

I have no intention to cause menace to anyone protected under the Laws of Singapore. Or for this matter of fact, i have no rights to stop anyone for conducting any business dealings with iNch Design Pte Ltd.

There you see, i have stated something to protect myself further in the event your prediction comes true...but where is the case for those people to sue me?:rolleyes:

I am spending time to type this mainly because, my legal case to claim back all my money from iNch Design Pte Ltd is going on now at the Subordinate Court of Singapore. :cool: and i hope an injuction will take place against Janet Lim of iNch Design PTe Ltd from enagaing in unfair trade practices and prevent other people from being victimized by her.

If I'm the boss of that company ... I will sue you until your pants drop for slander my company name :wink: still dare to ask for money :smile:
:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: We should not be afraid if someone wants to SUE us.

i believed you are a christains ...and a stupid one ... if god really give you great gift ( brain ) ..why would you kena con by that company in the first place :wink: ? your god teach you not to question..just blindly believed in them :wink:

" Firstly, would anybody spend $50,000 to engage a qualified lawyer and book all the necessary legal premises (courtroom, judges' time etc... etc) just to sue a respondent over a $4,000 matter? "

i would even spend 100k if i know someone is trying to slander my company name ...( ask your leader LKY ..he knows better and hes good at it ) :wink:

what do you get when you started 2 threads on this stupid issue ? if you have the means then go ahead and sue that company ...no use ranting in forum ...especially in sammyboy ...your purpose is to give that company a bad name ..thats all ...why not you write to papers ? even better .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is not the correct forum to rant lah.

You should go to a home renovation forum to post all this info.

Smh.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Enough with your nine inch dick nonsense and how your entire family got sodomised with it, go get a life

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Allow me the opportunity to also clarify in writing that i DO NOT HAVE hatred or negative feelings of any sort against Janet Lim Choon Lan@ Lim Sok Choo being the daughter of her mother and it being the mother of her daughter. "

fucking christains are hypocrite :wink:...why started two thread on that company if he have no hatred or negative feeling about them ? want to whack that company still dare not admit ...:biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oei... why you all tekan this bro???
There are times in our life when we suay engaged the wrong people, he is just trying to do damage control.

Most ID contractors only do a good job for developer showhouse or unless the contract value is huge. In Singapore, many Tan Ah Kows claim to be interior designer but they are only good in drawings and cannot deliver the actual thing.

I have a personal experience with this ID shop at IMM years back. He drew a fantastic design but his supervision of the workers was so poor that the job was badly done. Each time i screwed him he sent his workers back to rectify... unfortunately no matter how the workers tried they just could not deliver the "picture" version. I withheld the final 3k out of the 15k contract. He chased me 2 or 3 times over a period of 2 years. In the end he resigned from the company without collecting the sum. It has since been 10 years.

Btw... not that i kiamsai expect a lot from 15k... it was just some living room ID

Last edited:

Cmembership

Alfrescian
Loyal

ha...i will withhold my religious beliefs in this forum as engaging a wrong Interior Designer is the fault of my natural birth caregiver and i was involved when i found out that she was pressured and in lesser descriptive terms, tricked in to signing an unconscious invoice and i am seeking justice for my caregiver, therefore nothing to do with religion or the size and length of my manhood (if any):cool:

In Singapore, this is clearly a civil case. But professional mediation did not work and instead this Janet Lim of iNch Design PTe Ltd threatened in writing that the directors of this small firm will seek legal claim from this customer (with no work done?!)

I did not intent to start two threads on Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd. The first thread started is to issue an awareness for all to read about this character from this certain company. (checked with all legal sources: the character and company cannot sue me for anything as posting in this forum is akin to spending an entire afternoon at Orchard Road telling verbally to 1,0000 people there about the same topics started here.)

This thread is to ask everyone here the Universal question of: " Has any customer here been threatened to be sued by a goods and service supplier?" i.e. Has any one where (who are customers) been threatened to sue by a supplier (or goods and service providers) here?

After trying hard with many postings and generating a kind response here, i refined this thread to : Re: We should not be afraid if someone wants to SUE us.

Certainly i want to seek legal justice for my little incident.

So i went to Subordinate Courts of Singapore and the legal practitioners there are now looking in to this claim. This is a much economical way of handling this supposedly civil case as compared to Sueing the goods and service supplier for threats (and by the way, i also do not know how many lawyers will actually want to handle this case...wahhahahahahahah)

KNS...another long posting from me again...:biggrin:

okok i promise you all, i'll let the other thread die a natural death.

I think I have achieved my aims here: To warn others (a sufficient number of reads have been achieved there) how i had been rudely treated by this goods and service provider by the name of B]anet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd
. See i dare to constantly state her name and design firm here. She can do the same. I cannot sue her for this and likewise what rights does she has to sue me because of this.:rolleyes:.

My lawyers will argue that, in fact, i am promoting her and her small ID firm!here ...in the COurts of laws (in SIngapore) no one is right or wrong until proven innocent or guilty one...and the lawyers are here to argue the case...
~lolx~

I thank all bros and sis here for the constructive comments and sharing of your experiences especially LeMans2011...

as for the other comments, you all quite entertaining lor...a small complaint by me can bring in religion and the size of my sexual organ (exiting or otherwise)..
also quite entertaining lar...
[/B]
betterer than no response at all..ha.:wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

turn the other cheek?

Read the post carefully and you know he is christain ..only christain behaved like that .don't need to turn other cheek .. He just offer me his :wink:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Read the post carefully and you know he is christain ..only christain behaved like that .don't need to turn other cheek .. He just offer me his :wink:

Are u the anti-Christ?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interior designer they can draw what ever look nice but can the worker deliver the quality is another matter. All depend on worker skill and experience.