• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess why??? Why did AGC drop corruption charges against Iswaran despite PCA’s section 8’s presumption clause?

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF Singaporean really want Justice, stop giving them mandate
The Opposition cannot check the system without being the Govt.
Dont forget with the Elected President in place, he will almost block everything
The purpose is to show the Public, see how useless they are, nothing can be done

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y dey now oni drop n change charges? ...

dey dunno ze law meh? ... dey telling me dey dun even noe wat dey r doing? ...

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand. Once upon a time, there was a powerful old man bought a few condos in prime district together with his son. The developer gave them a hefty discount and they gladly accepted the offer. How come they were not charged under section 165?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prosecution's justification to amend the corruption charges under s.6(a) of Prevention of Corruption Act to s.165 of Penal Code is flawed.

The "litigation risk" was in reference to corruption charges. In other words, there was no litigation risk with respect to the 32 lesser charges of accepting gifts and 1 charges for obstruction of justice. That is to say, irrespective of the corruption charges, the Prosecution would still have secured a conviction for the lesser charges. That is also to say, if the Prosecution had proceeded with both corruption and accepting gifts charges, regardless of the litigation risk with respect to the corruption charges, the Prosecution would still have secured a conviction for the lesser charges WITHOUT THE NECESSITY of accepting a guilty plea for the lesser charges.

On the other hand, if there was a risk that they might not secure a conviction for the lesser charges and that the Prosecution might not get anything, then it would be worthwhile to consider giving up the corruption charges for a sure conviction under the lesser charges via a guilty plea. So, if anything, the Prosecution should have concerned itself with whether there was a litigation risk with respect to the lesser charges, and not the corruption charges.

骗人的!
KNN the law is so complicated.
Seems like is su kah yee gong.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN the law is so complicated.
Seems like is su kah yee gong.
Imagine I owe you 1 punch on the face and 1 slap on the wrist. Your lawyer tells you it's difficult to prove the punch on the face, in other words, a litigation risk. Your lawyer says nothing about the slap on the wrist, meaning you will surely get to slap my wrist even if I don't plead guilty.

On the day of trial, your lawyer tells you: "Uncle, we may not be able to prove the punch on the face. So I advise you we drop the punch on the face completely but in return we get him to plead guilty on the slap on the wrist."

Then you tell your lawyer: "Hey! I thought I was going to slap his wrist anyway, plead guilty or not. So what in return do I get for forgoing the punch on the face?"

Your lawyer says: "Actually nothing."

Then you tell your lawyer: "Then if we take him to task for both claims, the worst case scenario is I still get to slap his wrist, right?"

Your lawyer says: "KNN uncle, you broke my secret code."