• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Great Books

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... get impression that he is more favoured by chicks rather than dudes
dysentry said:
Haruki Murakami is overrated.
Bit weird, out of this world... after downing 2. Anymore, risk my head to be examined:p
yansen84 said:
..noticed sinkies are very much fiction readers. not that i'm against it, but just curious - what's the fascination behind reading something that isn't real?
There's something called reading for leisure. No diff from soap operas and other entertainment on telly. Also, seen japs getting into manga comics at restaurants?

jw5

Loyal
Bro middaydog
Many thanks for the information.
It's been a long while since we had useful information or replies on questions asked, instead of people bashing each other or spewing useless drivel.
Reminds me of the forum 10 years ago. :smile:
Btw, I loved the movie Midnight Cowboy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about Memoirs Of Lee Kuan Yew, The Singapore Story and From Third World To First?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Comes under Fiction right?:biggrin:

Perhaps could be classified alongside Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, "historical novel" or "history-based fiction". Well, even the Lengend Of The Condor Hero could be classified as a "history-based novel" as it involved Genghis Khan and adhered to the historical timeline. :biggrin:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
And non Singkies don't read as much fiction?

Didn't say that. I'm just speaking from experience and observation on this little island where I am trapped! :( And I venture to say because of this fictional reading, sinkies have become a delusional lot who are not in sync with the prevailing and historical realities. In short, fantasisers rather than thinkers.

Porfirio Rubirosa said:
On the contrary I think quite alot of Singaporeans favour self help books, improvement books, books on success, prosperity, wealth, health etc. Seems to fit in with the Singaporean pragmatic mindset.

This I totally agree with. Remember back in those MLM days, lots of lians and bengs who hadn't even flipped a page in their lives were asking their victims to read those crappy self-help books? :rolleyes: