• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GRC Dream Team

jw5

Loyal
Reading what you said makes me feel that there is no way the opposition is going to look "squeaky clean" and perhaps there best chance is to tar the PAP candidates back in return. Not in the defamatory sense, but compile all their gaffes and hit them with that at the next election.

For example, Tharman's "public interest but sorry" comment and Lim Swee Say's cartoonish "U fighters".
They should do the "sorry sorry" dance by Super Junior.

jw5

Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

Are you trying to get me flamed or what? LOL!

Frankly speaking, being in the "dream team" may or may not be a good thing.

Just like good old army tactic, dream team is a big target board for the enemy basically because it has big machine guns, rockets and bombers. Whether such tactical target able to survive the enemy bombardment is one big question mark.

But such dream team provides cover for other smaller troopers in their advancement.

In Singapore's electoral history, "dream teams" have not won any seats but most of the time, became a magnet in attracting all the firing bullets from PAP. In one instance, it has succeeded in providing enough cover to create a few small surprising win. 1991 election is one of such case. The Eunos team was under heavy fire but the result turn out that the team did not win while the other 3 SMCs (apart from Potong Pasir) scrapped through the 50% barrier.

Goh Meng Seng
You and Steve should contest the next elections and you should also try to get Dr Wong to contest as well.
I'm not claiming that you individuals are the social or political saviours of Singapore, but people like you have shown enough ideas, thoughts and aspirations (or are they idealogies) to tell me that you can contribute to the progress of Singapore and Singaporeans.
Really tired of the same old things said by the same old pap mps. Their faces may change, old faces may be replaced by young ones, but their thought process doesn't change very much. In my humble opinion, as long as you guys don't replace Lily Neo, you can replace anyone. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Pls give your opinion on the dream opp team to contest a GRC..Interesting topic...Pls do not list candidates that are not possible to contest.
I think that it's a good idea for KJ to team up with Chiam's group, but I think that the WP and NSP should remain on their own.
Having said that, they should cooperate in terms of 3 way contests and electioral boundaries etc, but should remain seperate parties.
This will give them a common opponent in the pap but will give them the benefits of being their own parties and individuals as well.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should do the "sorry sorry" dance by Super Junior.

I like the Sorry Sorry dance. :smile: Anyway in Taiwan people are doing the Sorry Sorry dance to mock their politicians, because the trend is sorry sorry, latest being President Ma.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taiwan President Ma says sorry for the delays in disaster rescues. Singpore government claims credit for everything going right and blames external factors for everything going wrong; nothing to say sorry for.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
3-way contest but isnt that a nono as it further divides the percentage of voters and risk the opp having to spilt the votes for those not keen on the ruling party? This means their deposits are forfeited!!!

I think that it's a good idea for KJ to team up with Chiam's group, but I think that the WP and NSP should remain on their own.
Having said that, they should cooperate in terms of 3 way contests and electioral boundaries etc, but should remain seperate parties.
This will give them a common opponent in the pap but will give them the benefits of being their own parties and individuals as well.

jw5

Loyal
3-way contest but isnt that a nono as it further divides the percentage of voters and risk the opp having to spilt the votes for those not keen on the ruling party? This means their deposits are forfeited!!!
I mean to cooperate in such a manner that there are no 3 way contests.
My apologies if I caused your misunderstanding. :smile:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My GRC dream team is no need for it.

I hate the GRC system as it is downright dirty. Worst are the super GRCs. :mad: