• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Granny regretted aborting her third child due to ‘Stop at 2′ policy in the 1970s

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must admire your infantile logic!

Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Nigeria and Pakistan will be super rich tomorrow. Good thing they have limited population control and their governments can ill-afford to support them now.

Stupid China with 1.3 billion people limits each married couple to only one child! It should allow more children to be born so that the Chinese can make up more than one quarter of mankind and flood the world.

I admire your thick skin ball-less attitude. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This stop at two policy shows up the fallacy of emperor's so called 'foresight'.
Making his son learn Russian was another.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all those who keep saying Stop at 2 was bad...this article is proof to me that that was a good policy and LKY did say those who can afford kids should have them and Graduate mother's scheme was a good idea. Rather I would have call it Middle Class Encouragement policies. Those that cant afford should not have kids. The poor should be discouraged to have kids...left wing liberal welfare policies screw up many societies...we need to find a balance. And welfare for the poor is not a good idea

http://www.tnp.sg/content/17-people-share-three-room-flat

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all those who keep saying Stop at 2 was bad...this article is proof to me that that was a good policy and LKY did say those who can afford kids should have them and Graduate mother's scheme was a good idea. Rather I would have call it Middle Class Encouragement policies. Those that cant afford should not have kids. The poor should be discouraged to have kids...left wing liberal welfare policies screw up many societies...we need to find a balance. And welfare for the poor is not a good idea

http://www.tnp.sg/content/17-people-share-three-room-flat

It's a proof for you, but not a proof to me. Good or bad times, people from this race has always been doing so.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a proof for you, but not a proof to me. Good or bad times, people from this race has always been doing so.

That is why the stop at 2 was a good policy. LKY also came up with the Graduate mothers scheme to offset the declining birth rate of the middle class. But fucking left wing womens right bull shit stop that.

So its not the stop at 2 that was wrong. It was needed to prevent such people on the economic ladder to breed. Please look at Australia now. John Howard came up with a 6k for every kid born,..and look what happen?? We get nothing but single moms having kids to buy drugs and PS3 etc. The middle class where both are working say,,how much can 6K last for a baby. Soon when these kids grow up. they will cause more social problems...its true.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why the stop at 2 was a good policy. LKY also came up with the Graduate mothers scheme to offset the declining birth rate of the middle class. But fucking left wing womens right bull shit stop that.

So its not the stop at 2 that was wrong. It was needed to prevent such people on the economic ladder to breed. Please look at Australia now. John Howard came up with a 6k for every kid born,..and look what happen?? We get nothing but single moms having kids to buy drugs and PS3 etc. The middle class where both are working say,,how much can 6K last for a baby. Soon when these kids grow up. they will cause more social problems...its true.

The policy was a failure for SG, it prevent the growth of the middle class more than that of the race i mentioned.

Look at the drastic decline in population growth in the 70s. Now you know why SG has an aging population?

Period Growth
1947—1957 84.7%
1957—1970 90.8%
1970—1980 13.3%
1980—1990 18.5%
1990—2000 20.6%

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All country has aging population lah,,with wealth and proper government policies, this can be controlled. The world already hit 7 Billion,,,u mean to tell me that will solve the aging population? By having more young people? Young people dont grow old ah? than how much more you need to fund the young people who grow old? Well if its such a big issue the aging population, than encourage euthanasia (whereby people can pass away with dignity). like in Soylent Green..except dont makan that..and Logan's Run..die after a certain age.

that will solve the problem. But left wing liberal welfare assholes and the self righteous religions will put a stop to it.

The policy was a failure for SG, it prevent the growth of the middle class more than that of the race i mentioned.

Look at the drastic decline in population growth in the 70s. Now you know why SG has an aging population?

Period Growth
1947—1957 84.7%
1957—1970 90.8%
1970—1980 13.3%
1980—1990 18.5%
1990—2000 20.6%

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually without the stop at 2, all things equal, our birth rate will continue to decline naturally, maybe only later.

this mirrors the trend in all developed countries - ditto HK, Korea, Japan.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regret? Why don't you people have more children today? Have 3 or more or you will regret later.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said...but in 3rd world countries most parents dont care for their kids so have more,,u think such people think about putting their kids to school? For them caring means the kids got food to eat and nothing else,,and to many governments as long as starvation is minimal means they are doing well,,,,

Regret? Why don't you people have more children today? Have 3 or more or you will regret later.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually if Pinky was into good looking chicks,,and Russian gals are targets for modelling agencies,,he can get laid easily as he can speak Russian,,but since he is not into good looking chicks,,learning Russian is really useless,,

This stop at two policy shows up the fallacy of emperor's so called 'foresight'.
Making his son learn Russian was another.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

good statement - my question is: HDB flats getting smaller and smaller, how to accomodate a growing child? If HDB got restriction on size of dog to keep, the same principle shld apply for human beings.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All country has aging population lah,,with wealth and proper government policies, this can be controlled. The world already hit 7 Billion,,,u mean to tell me that will solve the aging population? By having more young people? Young people dont grow old ah? than how much more you need to fund the young people who grow old? Well if its such a big issue the aging population, than encourage euthanasia (whereby people can pass away with dignity). like in Soylent Green..except dont makan that..and Logan's Run..die after a certain age.

that will solve the problem. But left wing liberal welfare assholes and the self righteous religions will put a stop to it.

SG is a unique country which i believe many things can be done better than most countries (My perception). Basically, you are looking at a cut on the earth population and not just SG itself. Yes, young people do get old too, but the renewal of population must be constant and/or to what the resources of the country can afford down the road. And why is it called an aging population? Because the percentage of aging people are much higher than that of the middle age and youth. The drop in % of population growth is too drastic.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok We agree to disagree,,many things can be done better in Singapore,,and PAP is not doing a good job. And the only way to solve the aging population is through culling,,,and start with LKY 1st,,old and sprouting shit and still racking in millions thanks to the tax payers.

SG is a unique country which i believe many things can be done better than most countries (My perception). Basically, you are looking at a cut on the earth population and not just SG itself. Yes, young people do get old too, but the renewal of population must be constant and/or to what the resources of the country can afford down the road. And why is it called an aging population? Because the percentage of aging people are much higher than that of the middle age and youth. The drop in % of population growth is too drastic.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok We agree to disagree,,many things can be done better in Singapore,,and PAP is not doing a good job. And the only way to solve the aging population is through culling,,,and start with LKY 1st,,old and sprouting shit and still racking in millions thanks to the tax payers.

I understand where you are coming, i just feel that the decrease in population growth is too drastic. We are now facing the repercussion of it. And it's painful for many. Somehow, the birth of strawberry generation is closely tied to this policy.
SG is small, very much easier to control than many other countries. We expect nothing less if they expect more, simple as that.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
good statement - my question is: HDB flats getting smaller and smaller, how to accomodate a growing child? If HDB got restriction on size of dog to keep, the same principle shld apply for human beings.

No problem at all. I grew up in a three room flat with 6 other siblings. All of us turned out great.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times have change,,should be better instead of worse,,its like 'in the old days you got water from a well,,,now you still get water from the well so dont comprain hor' PAP attitude

What happen to our Swiss Standard of Living??

No problem at all. I grew up in a three room flat with 6 other siblings. All of us turned out great.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue is,,the aging population excuse is nothing but PAP flogging a dead horse. If the FT is solely to solve the aging population problem..they why is the intake soo huge that it overshadows the replacement figure??? Stop at 2 is nothing wrong..its the rent seeking behaviour and to look after the oligarchs and other Pappie Dogs that is an issue

I understand where you are coming, i just feel that the decrease in population growth is too drastic. We are now facing the repercussion of it. And it's painful for many. Somehow, the birth of strawberry generation is closely tied to this policy.
SG is small, very much easier to control than many other countries. We expect nothing less if they expect more, simple as that.