• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Post!!!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello mickey08,

I feel your heartbeat. I can't agree more with you that our government is not being reasonable and fair to the locals.

First they want every able Singaporeans to work to power our economy. They tell the old, don't retire but take half your previous pay. Then they tell the educated women to have more babies and still hold on to their jobs. And they design the maid's policy in such an unfair way to penalize employers in every situation and rob the maid's pay partially in the form of levy, saying it is not desirable to have too many of them here. So, who is going be to look after these babes? Infant care is ~$1,200 per month and is likely to be out of reach to many lower-middle family. Worst of all, if they have a few young mouths to feed at the same time.

Next, they open the floodgate to allow the influx of FW to compete for jobs at a lower cost and subject them to exploitation. As such, it makes the locals less competitive due to family commitment. When the locals are out of jobs, they claim that Singaporeans are choosy, must lower our expectation not knowing that many have no expectation, they just want a job to put food at the table family.

Please do not regret having your children, won't you agree they are lovely and bring joy to you and your husband? Look to the brighter side of life ok.

Be.Reasonable

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the morale of the story is that we have govt fit for dog dinner.
we cant get rid of them, just have to endure to the end.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's strange that based on these circumstances...

66.6% still vote for them?

unbelieveable and completely mind boggling!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the pap has done badly these few years. the end of the pap has started

Actually, I am looking at costs of doing biz in S'pore, after being away for a while. And guess what, with all this foreign influx lowering the salaries and upping the supply (unemployment), looks like employment cost is quite low, compared with say 5 years ago.

Sad to say, to make the country business-friendly, the citizen has to suffer.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I am looking at costs of doing biz in S'pore, after being away for a while. And guess what, with all this foreign influx lowering the salaries and upping the supply (unemployment), looks like employment cost is quite low, compared with say 5 years ago.

the pap govt gets a worker's levy for every foreign worker employed in SG. guess how much the pap govt gets from employing the foreign workers?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This country needs a change of direction and if PAP government could not do it then someone else should try.

jw5

Loyal
the morale of the story is that we have govt fit for dog dinner.
we cant get rid of them, just have to endure to the end.
I don't understand why you say we can't get rid of them.
Use your vote wisely, and tell as many people as you can.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agreed with you. I am not one to go with the FTs. But with the current influx of the FTs, with the blessing of the govt, I must say they are cheap. If i were to be in biz, i will take advantage of them, cheap labour. But that aside, if i can support local, i will support.
!&!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Final Solution:

revolution_fist.jpg

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello mickey08,

I feel your heartbeat. I can't agree more with you that our government is not being reasonable and fair to the locals.

First they want every able Singaporeans to work to power our economy. They tell the old, don't retire but take half your previous pay. Then they tell the educated women to have more babies and still hold on to their jobs. And they design the maid's policy in such an unfair way to penalize employers in every situation and rob the maid's pay partially in the form of levy, saying it is not desirable to have too many of them here. So, who is going be to look after these babes? Infant care is ~$1,200 per month and is likely to be out of reach to many lower-middle family. Worst of all, if they have a few young mouths to feed at the same time.

Next, they open the floodgate to allow the influx of FW to compete for jobs at a lower cost and subject them to exploitation. As such, it makes the locals less competitive due to family commitment. When the locals are out of jobs, they claim that Singaporeans are choosy, must lower our expectation not knowing that many have no expectation, they just want a job to put food at the table family.

Please do not regret having your children, won't you agree they are lovely and bring joy to you and your husband? Look to the brighter side of life ok.

Be.Reasonable

Spot on ! I have seen lots of my peers changed jobs, yet continue to suffer due to poor policies.. they blame themselves and they consider themselves a failure.. they are compliant and obedient, yet they are constantly pushed to the edge.

As for me, I have decided to jump boat (and continue my profession).. Well, to date it seems like a best option.. I am an Australian now.. govt can kiss my shorts.. hehehe.