• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good News for syed putra

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
@whoami
Not sure if you like
A&W.
Anyway.
IMG_20201112_172905.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yes. Sure belanja my nephew/nieces. Used to have a branch at Bedok North central.
There are many Muslim hawkers in Singapore hiring China pendatang cooking and preparing halal food. Got use ? I saw with my own eyes these Chinese PRC eating roast park and after that serving Muslim food to their Muslim customers. U think they wash their hands with zam zam water ?

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many Muslim hawkers in Singapore hiring China pendatang cooking and preparing halal food. Got use ? I saw with my own eyes these Chinese PRC eating roast park and after that serving Muslim food to their Muslim customers. U think they wash their hands with zam zam water ?

Tks for info.:rolleyes:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pork and dogs cannot mix. As long as they do not put pork in the Coney dog should not be a problem.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i can't touch the root beer unless they rename it root tutty fruity.
And the dogs?
I dunno how they got halal certified.
Fast-food Chain A&W Changed The Name Of Its Root Beer and Here's Why
Advertisements
Whenever someone mentions A&W, the first thing that comes to my mind is their root beer. An alternative to Coke and Pepsi, root beer has slowly but surely, made its way into the scene.

Now in order to become one of the popular drinks out there, it has to get its halal certification in Malaysia. So why does this have to do with changing its name?

Halal Certification
It is announced that Malaysian authorities will not issue halal certification for non-alcoholic “beer” or any product that uses “haram”-related names such as ham or bacon. This includes the use of the term “halal beer”, which went against the manual Procedure for Malaysia Halal Certification (MPPHM).

Yes, halal food or halal artificial food colouring is also not allowed to use names or names synonymous with confusing terms that refer to non-halal food as well. This was tied in response to some of the beverages that have received halal certification from foreign private companies or halal certification bodies.

The fact that some did not use any halal logo on their products have caused stress on state Islamic departments. Hence, to ensure that beverages do not misuse the Malaysian halal logo on their products, each application for Malaysian halal certification must follow the MPPHM or fatwa decisions and related rules used in Malaysian halal certification.

This concludes the reason why A&W has decided to switch the name of its root beer to “RB” to get the halal certification for all its outlets.

But honestly, RB sounds good. Don’t you think so?

Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!

Click Here to Download the App!

Read Also:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i can't touch the root beer unless they rename it root tutty fruity.
And the dogs?
I dunno how they got halal certified.
Hot dogs 'must be renamed' in Malaysia, says religious government body
Published
19 October 2016
Hot dogs
image caption Malaysian food vendors will now have to rename hot dogs or risk a ban
Food outlets selling hot dogs in Malaysia have been asked to rename their products or risk being refused halal certification.

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department, a religious government body, said it adopted the ruling after complaints from Muslim tourists.

Director Sirajuddin Suhaimee said the name might cause "confusion".

"In Islam, dogs are considered unclean and the name cannot be related to halal certification," he said.

Malaysian halal food guidelines say "halal food and halal artificial flavour shall not be named or synonymously named after non-halal products such as ham, bak kut teh, bacon, beer, rum and others that might create confusion," local media said.

Muslim-majority Malaysia practises a moderate form of Islam but conservative attitudes are on the rise.

'Pretzel Sausage'
On Monday, popular pretzel store franchise Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its "Pretzel Dog". Mr Suhaimee said it was "more appropriate" to call it a "Pretzel Sausage".

Pretzel Dogs on display in Kuala Lumpur
image caption Pretzel chain Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its 'Pretzel Dogs'
A representative of the US chain described it as a "minor issue" and said the firm was fine with changing the name on the menu.

'Hot dog is hot dog lah'
Malaysian Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz slammed the ruling, calling it "stupid and backward".

"Hot dog is hot dog lah. Even in Malay it's called hot dog - it's been around for so many years. I'm a Muslim and I'm not offended," he told reporters, adding that there was no reason for the religious body to take offence at the word.

"It comes from the English language. Please do not make us seem stupid and backward."

The ruling has also garnered ridicule and stirred debate among Malaysians on social media.

"It's just a name, what does it have to do with whether it's halal or not? Muslims should be more concerned with ingredients and the way food is prepared," wrote Eeman Yusof on Facebook.

Comic
IMAGE COPYRIGHT FACEBOOK: BRO, DON'T LIKE THAT LA, BRO
"You can always count on the authorities to make us look stupid," said another Malaysian Matt Razal.

Another Facebook user said: "Pet shops please rename your dogs as sausages."

"It is complications like this that make our country move backwards," commented YL Chew.

Activist and columnist Marina Mahathir, the daughter of former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad, criticised the request by the Department of Islamic Development - also known as Jakim.

"Oh we poor easily confused Muslims who have never heard of hot dogs before and who will have no choice but to buy one if one was on the menu," she said in a Facebook post that was shared close to 2,000 times.

Malaysia often prides itself on being a moderate Muslim nation, which allows other religions freedom of worship.

In recent years, there has been greater emphasis on Islamic codes of conduct.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Historians said there was no evidnce of mohamad's existence until that copy of the medina peace agreement surfaced in which his name was included. I tend to believe in historians as their findings are based on evidence and facts.