• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Morning...Yesteryear.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run down and dirty - then, that was the norm. I don't remember getting food poisoning or E.Coli. I was so skinny, I qualified for free milk at primary school and shit, was that dirty or was that dirty. There were flies drowining in the pails of milk!

Life for a child then was, well, blissful! Our parents probably worried that money wasn't enough. But somehow, we'd pull through. Going to Swee Kee for chicken rice was a big treat! Must dress up well to go eat at road side stall!

We caught and fought spiders, watari picture cards, marbles, fight kites (limpei preferred chasing the lost ones), made catapults (lastic) to shoot birds and mudskippers, and peeped at our friend's sisters when they took a pee. Anything but dull. Not with firecrackers legal.

Ah Kong was the one who listened to Rediffusion. It was all he needed.

Cheers!

Well said. My humble wooden zinc house do not have Rediffusion , no tap water nor electricity to the house and still using firewood. At a tender age of 7, already has responsibility to fetch water and cut firewood. When it rains, the music will come from the zinc roof ....a soothing piece for slumberland.

Last edited:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QCBeZi0bRI

Last edited:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
02062011001.jpg

02062011092.jpg

The changing skyline..construction of UOB/OCBC in mid 70s

02062011097.jpg

The stockmarket scene 1969
02062011096.jpg

jurong drive in cinema.
02062011006.jpg

Swearing in of Yusoff Ishak 1st president of spore 1965.

02062011008.jpg

02062011016.jpg

Brylcreem and ovaltine.:biggrin:

02062011063.jpg

02062011019.jpg

Tats how were were bathe then naked for all to see.:biggrin:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
02062011012.jpg

Titoni,Titus,Pagol and Sandoz watches are must have brand.:biggrin:
now must have Rolex is king.:mad:

02062011004.jpg

In 1980 two is enough..now two not enough..the more the merrier.:mad:

Hard to believe but it true..LKY score own goal..
In 2009..35% of our women are not getting married and having kids and my daughter is one of them..lamented our dear Leeder..
Dr Lee wei ling tell sporeans tat she has got 3 boyfriend when was young..
bf no1..a young doctor working in the same hospital.
bf no2..a secret admiral of her..
bf no3..a professor lee who is trying very hard to woo her..
She says like any other couples..they went pucktor..concert,movies,dancing..etc..
in the end she says she dropped all her boyfriends like hot potatoes.:biggrin:
now she advise all young girls to get married n have kids,dun end up like me she says.:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
02062011012.jpg

Titoni,Titus,Pagol and Sandoz watches are must have brand.:biggrin:
now must have Rolex is king.:mad:

02062011004.jpg

In 1980 two is enough..now two not enough..the more the merrier.:mad:

Hard to believe but it true..LKY score own goal..
In 2009..35% of our women are not getting married and having kids and my daughter is one of them..lamented our dear Leeder..
Dr Lee wei ling tell sporeans tat she has got 3 boyfriend when was young..
bf no1..a young doctor working in the same hospital.
bf no2..a secret admiral of her..
bf no3..a professor lee who is trying very hard to woo her..
She says like any other couples..they went pucktor..concert,movies,dancing..etc..
in the end she says she dropped all her boyfriends like hot potatoes.:biggrin:
now she advise all young girls to get married n have kids,dun end up like me she says.:biggrin:

I actully think it's good that all her bfs didn't get to marry her. I mean look at that face and voice of hers. You have to be either extremely insane or threaten to be tortured and killed before you can even dare to stick your dick inside that thing. She's even more manly than her PM brother. That's not saying much of course since his wife is more of a man than him but well she's more of a man than ho ching too obviously.

I don't think even inheriting the richest of old fart which of course has a catch 22 in it and having power would be worth it. No way.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Aiyoh, that one, peep at friend's sister peeing, you not shy!. Your mother catches you, have to wash your eyes with Lam Soon Soap, the brown coloure ones that comes in a rectangular clock. The wood from the guava tree makes excellent catapult, you have today...mata will tankap you!!
good morning yeasterday, i wake up & time had past away.....:p

Tat tree is call the tembusu tree.:biggrin:

During our time, we are happy as long as our parents bring us out for an outing. Nowadays, the kids expects to bring home a new toys after each outing.

At the age of 6, they start comparing where they had been during the weekends and who had watched the latest movie.

I'm very piss off with my little nephew now..he uses my laptop yesterday to play games and its spoil now..have to send for repair now..i confronted him and not a word of sorry n apology,complain to the protective mum n she says aiya sooner or later sure to spoil lah..
my little nephew got piss off and walk up to me and says..
If you keep blaming me its not going to solve the problem right..:mad::confused:

05062011049.jpg

05062011050.jpg

Rally at fullerton square and NDP in chinatown

05062011104.jpg

orchard road.

06062011192.jpg

05062011174-1.jpg

man in the street now known as forum page in the straits time.:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/51NAFhGDIYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
06062011203.jpg

A kampong in ubi near mine in geyland..many kampong look something like tat at tat time with a drain in front..mine is make of zinc n wood..those days the mode of transport is by bicycle on,and we don't have to lock our bicycle knowing that all our neighbours can be trusted..now we have to triple lock our bicycle not knowing who to trust anymore.(my bicycle stolen 3x already)..where is the sense of neighbourliness now.:mad:

02062011003.jpg

05062011058.jpg

construction of the pigeon holes begin.:(
During the night we can hear the rotiman on his bicycle pa poo pa poo,the frogs
croaking,sound of cricket,rediffusion and i can see mouse crawling around the house..
in the morning,the ultimate alarm clock of rediffusion, birds chirping away some in the cage as pet,cockerel crowing,mosque roll call
macik n children shouting nasi lemak nasi lemak and the chee cheong fun man cring cring on his bicycle.:biggrin:

Now it is the birds and the bees tat are laughing at us holing up in our pigeon hole..in the night we hear sounds of songbirds singing in ktv,drunkard foreign workers in the wee hours and the rumbling of MRT in the morning.:mad:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
PAP supporters waiting outside cahangi prisonfor the release of Lim Chin Siong,Devan Nair,Fong Swee Suan and others who were arrested.
newbrigderd009.jpg

The release of a dove by Lim Chin Siong.
newbrigderd007.jpg

LKY protesting outside parliament..
Yes he can.:(
No we can't.:biggrin:
newbrigderd004.jpg

newbrigderd005.jpg

Hi children You,your children and grandchildren future will be well taken care off
I promise you tat.:biggrin:
newbrigderd011.jpg

newbrigderd012.jpg

newbrigderd013.jpg

Packed PAP rally in its heyday.:biggrin:
Now they have to organise old folks home and rc members to come to their rally,
and pre recorded cheering and shouting behind the scene.:(
President Scholars.
newbrigderd014.jpg

MISS SINGAPORE CONTEST.:biggrin:
newbrigderd021.jpg

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
newbrigderd006.jpg

newbrigderd001.jpg

newbrigderd010.jpg

Shenton Way and Fullerton Square.
newbrigderd026.jpg

Captain Dollah Kassim on its way to recieve the 1977 msia cup.:biggrin:
newbrigderd023.jpg

As clumsy police officer.:biggrin:
newbrigderd029.jpg

Stupid Tengku.:biggrin:
newbrigderd030.jpg

A very important day for immigrants or aliens..
It could be your parent or grandparent.:biggrin:
newbrigderd037.jpg

newbrigderd039.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/51NAFhGDIYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30052011157.jpg

It seems that the PHole estates were cleaner than they are now, especially over the last few years.