• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good and Reasonable Hotels near town

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi forumers,

Will be visiting SG for 3 days. Mainly, to visit my family and old friends. Looking for a reasonable priced good hotel in town location. Have stayed previously in Novotel (Clark Quay) and IBIS (Bugis). Novotel (clark Quay) is a nice hotel with all the facilities though IBIS is newer and cheaper and nearer to almost everything. My experience with IBIS is that it took so long to get a TAXI and I ended up making a taxi reservation only to find out the 'booked' taxi arrived when I am almost at the front of the queue!! I am thinking of Furama or Amara hotel near Chinatown? Any feedbacks or comments on these 2 hotels? I hope to book the rooms by this Friday.

Thanks a lot!
ChonburiFC

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
V Hotel at Lavender, outside CBD, next to Lavender MRT, extend visa just go opposite immigration centre. New hotel, not ex, should be ok.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abit difficult to get taxi at Furama because of facing of entrance and location. Reception is not on the same level as taxi stand, gotta go one level up from taxi stand to reception by escalator. There are sheltered walkways to the chinatown MRT station across the street, but have to walk quite a distance to the underground gates. Hong Lim hawker center is just opposite for cheaper food. But it is in CBD area, so extra charge during operating hours.

Hi forumers,

Will be visiting SG for 3 days. Mainly, to visit my family and old friends. Looking for a reasonable priced good hotel in town location. Have stayed previously in Novotel (Clark Quay) and IBIS (Bugis). Novotel (clark Quay) is a nice hotel with all the facilities though IBIS is newer and cheaper and nearer to almost everything. My experience with IBIS is that it took so long to get a TAXI and I ended up making a taxi reservation only to find out the 'booked' taxi arrived when I am almost at the front of the queue!! I am thinking of Furama or Amara hotel near Chinatown? Any feedbacks or comments on these 2 hotels? I hope to book the rooms by this Friday.

Thanks a lot!
ChonburiFC

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
U might wanna try Orchid Hotel (next to Amara). Brand new and having promo rate of $195++

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. V hotel is new too. It should be about S$140 per night (promo price) which is value for money.

V Hotel at Lavender, outside CBD, next to Lavender MRT, extend visa just go opposite immigration centre. New hotel, not ex, should be ok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. V hotel is new too. It should be about S$140 per night (promo price) which is value for money.

Thanks all bros and sis who offer suggestions and recommendations. Have made a reservation with V Hotel. Was also considering Orchid Hotel and will try this hotel in my next visit. Will post a FR on V Hotel once I return from SG.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear all bros,
Here's my FR for V-Hotel which I have booked. Checked-in on 10 Sep (Sunday) afternoon. This hotel is very new. Don't know how to describe it but have the kind of "new car smell" feeling. Room is a little small but very clean.

One of my long time SBF bro came to visit me in the evening and insisted I stay in MBS using his MBS membership points. I pai seh and so I checked out the same day and checked in MBS. The V-Hotel receptionist got "Gan Chiong" and thought she has did something wrong that why I checked out after 2 hours. Anyway, I pay for the night's stay and move to MBS. MBS is a totally different category. The room itself is superior. I don't know how much my SBF bro redeemed his points but my guess is that it will be at least SGD 250 a night. The whole place is just amazing!

If my good old SBF buddy had not offered me to stay in MBS, I would have stayed in V-Hotel.

Anyway, Thanks to all bros who have made recommendations and suggestions!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all bros and sis who offer suggestions and recommendations. Have made a reservation with V Hotel. Was also considering Orchid Hotel and will try this hotel in my next visit. Will post a FR on V Hotel once I return from SG.

You migrated to which country now?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually not 'migrated'. Just moved permanently to Thailand. I am still not a Thai citizen so cannot consider migrated. It's almost close to impossible to get Thai citizenship. The only foreigner that I know of who became a Thai citizen I knew is a French Ang Mo (Farang). He can read, write and speak like a native Thai. He is also required to sing the Thai national Anthem during the application. Took him 14 years to get his Thai Citizenship. Not sure if he still retains his French Nationality but still meet him during breakfast almost every morning at Foodland (Pattaya Central). But I have a lot of respect for this French guy who is willing to adapt the cultures and religions of his hosted country. He is also a Buddhist.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually not 'migrated'. Just moved permanently to Thailand. I am still not a Thai citizen so cannot consider migrated. It's almost close to impossible to get Thai citizenship. The only foreigner that I know of who became a Thai citizen I knew is a French Ang Mo (Farang). He can read, write and speak like a native Thai. He is also required to sing the Thai national Anthem during the application. Took him 14 years to get his Thai Citizenship. Not sure if he still retains his French Nationality but still meet him during breakfast almost every morning at Foodland (Pattaya Central). But I have a lot of respect for this French guy who is willing to adapt the cultures and religions of his hosted country. He is also a Buddhist.

Wah cool enough. Another Sammyboy runroad to Thailand LOL

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah cool enough. Another Sammyboy runroad to Thailand LOL
Actually not really runroad. Still do my stocks&shares/sports&football stuff in Thailand. Only difference is in different place and much relaxing here than in SG. SG friends and relatives still visit me and I still visit SG. Same way of doing things, only difference place of executing things.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not really runroad. Still do my stocks&shares/sports&football stuff in Thailand. Only difference is in different place and much relaxing here than in SG. SG friends and relatives still visit me and I still visit SG. Same way of doing things, only difference place of executing things.

LOL that's the basic definition of runroad in Sammyboy :biggrin:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too long ago, the place I worked for put an overseas associate up at Oxford. He had nothing but complaints about the place. And mind you, we put him up at Summerview Hotel the year before and he was completely happy.

Pray tell us what were the complaints.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Support Quality Hotel! Always support opposition events one :smile:

Balestier Rd, not far from town, good makan 24/7 is never a problem at Balestier :biggrin:

Actually I also heard before Oxford Hotel supporter of JBJ events even gave him free room. But I never went before. Waterloo St yah?

Last edited: