• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng tio hoot in FB

blueyepea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng kept saying that that WP MPs have broken their public promises to the people. This guy Ong Chang Woei then asked about NSP's Steve Chia who had in 2006 GE vowed to the voters that he will not stand for future elections if he lost. However in 2011 GE, he broke his public promise and stood for election. Goh Meng Seng replied that he is the one who persuaded Steve Chia to stand in 2011 GE. Goh Meng Seng who were bragging about his own integrity had actually persuaded someone to break his public promise. Till now, Goh Meng Seng have no reply. :rolleyes:

mb47sp.jpg

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So its true, SBF is not the only place where he dio hoot. Want to bet it will escalate in the public too in the not-so-distant-future?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't find anything wrong with Cpt. Goh persuading Cpt. Steve to stand again. They're NUS and SAF buddies and there're bound to be persuasion powers between them. It's just whether or not to stand for election again, nothing breaching anything contractual or any criminal law, just a changing of mind harming nobody and owing nobody anything. Voters could still choose to vote for or against them, end of story. Comeback from retirement is common in politics as well as industries.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't find anything wrong with Cpt. Goh persuading Cpt. Steve to stand again. They're NUS and SAF buddies and there're bound to be persuasion powers between them. It's just whether or not to stand for election again, nothing breaching anything contractual or any criminal law, just a changing of mind harming nobody and owing nobody anything. Voters could still choose to vote for or against them, end of story. Comeback from retirement is common in politics as well as industries.

Of course, if you have no issue with YSL, CSM, Pritam hence if you have no issue with Steve Chia, that is consistent. If you have issue with Steve but no issue with YSL, then you are WP-nipplesucking in the same way the chap is NSP-nipplesucking. I have no issue with Steve and Spencer as well and I think both are fine candidates, only that I feel sorry that the two are dragged through the m&d because their former chief, the FVI, got caught because it tried to impose such high moral standards on others, and got entangled in its own net, and the two are being used to measure this FVI's standard now.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, Ong Chang Woei is a NUS professor also cannot tahan it. You see its stupid reply you can vomit blood:

"I would persuade people to change their minds if I think they could still contribute towards the democratic development process. Public promise of what kinds, I must ask. If PM Lee says he is quitting the PM post but changed his mind, I would take it as it is, nothing to do with integrity. It has little to do with public interests. But if he broke his promise of something else, like taking all GST to help the poor, then that involves public interests."

You think if PM change mind about quitting, it will keep quiet? Does anyone in their right mind think that the insect did not make any possible issue it could find with the PAP an issue (until recently, that is, because it now focused more on WP). And PM changing mind about stepping down is NOT a national issue of national interest? As econs grad, it don't know such things have impact on markets? Compared to YSL personal affair which is not a matter of public interest.

I hope this will not be the kind of replies I will get for my 2 questions.

Last edited:
Z

Zombie

"I would persuade people to change their minds if I think they could still contribute towards the democratic development process. Public promise of what kinds, I must ask. If PM Lee says he is quitting the PM post but changed his mind, I would take it as it is, nothing to do with integrity. It has little to do with public interests. But if he broke his promise of something else, like taking all GST to help the poor, then that involves public interests."

gms really got say this??
keeping public promise is about integrity
and whoever says integrity has to do with public interests, is like saying faithful girl has to do with virginity... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
gms really got say this??
keeping public promise is about integrity
and whoever says integrity has to do with public interests, is like saying faithful girl has to do with virginity... :biggrin:

You can see how ridiculous it is, yes?

The insect now only two ways - ignore most nicks (List 1) and respond only to those who still bothered to reason e.g. Locke, Ram, Scroobal (List 2) (and List 2 is dwindling with SNABlog, TFBH etc. being transferred to List 1 after asking hard questions.)

Actually why does it bother to differentiate because whether it puts you in List 1 (no answers to strong questions) or List 2 (ridiculous replies which are as good as non-replies), forummers end up with the same outcome - no answers. Might as well start threads on WP and don't respond to anything else and waste its own time.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You put forth a 50 cents question to Goh Meng Seng the PAP's representative in the Oposition, he'll give you a hundred dollars worth of answers............in counterfeit money.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But it's a bad omen if you return after you had previously 金盆洗手。If you remember, 仇大仟 paid the ultimate price and jumped down from 九逍樓。

仇大仟 said, the world of gambling is deep as the ocean, even I cannot overcome it.

Tan Shern rebutted 仇大仟 ... it is not gambling that you cannot overcome, but your own hatred.

Today, in this forum, we see a real life living example of this phenomenon.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one behaves and talks like he is some self-appointed elder statesman, "tio hoot" comes as no surprise! It comes with the territory!
On another note, politicians make many promises and break most of them, if not all. What's new?