• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: NSP likely to field Nicole Seah if it decides to contest in Hougang BE

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, WP also doesn't believe in negotiating to avoid 3-cornered contests, as seen in Punggol East 2011. Neither does NSP, since Marine Parade 1992. The trouble with GMS whenever things don't go his way, he'll curse people with karma. Yet he can't see for himself, his karma curses keep bouncing back on him.
Slap him in your next makan meeting please

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys think NS is no better than MP Kate Spade?

Looks aside, I tend to think TPL while not forgotten for her national level thumbsdown, is trying hard to establish herself at Macpherson constituency, working her socks off. While I am already critical of WP Youth Wing's directionless action many a time, I find that Nicole has done nothing for the NSP youth wing as its new youth chief.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They would argue that it is an old leadership in old times. You didn't hear Tan Chee Kien argue that WP (under JBJ) was running into problems and NSP filed nominations in their place, only to see the three-seat SDP including Chiam come at the final minute and filed in despite whatever circumstances. As for SJP, it was a party none of the other parties took seriously.

Actually an Hougang BE would be a unique situation to test how far opposition parties would go to contest three- or more-corners. Previous BEs Anson and Marine Parade were voluntary called by PAP as incumbent. After Anson, Potong Pasir, Bukit Gombak, Nee Soon Central and Hougang were won by the respective opposition parties, no other opportunities contested these in subsequent GEs as long as they didn't lose their seats back to PAP. Punggol East was a new SMC. This is the first time an opposition is contemplating contesting another opposition-incumbent constituency.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm anti PAP but credit must also be given to TPL for doin a good job so far in MacPherson.. She's fast proving her doubters wrong..
Obviously you have missed the forest for the trees.
With more 'anti-pap' like you, pap porlumpars are redundant.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually an Hougang BE would be a unique situation to test how far opposition parties would go to contest three- or more-corners. Previous BEs Anson and Marine Parade were voluntary called by PAP as incumbent. After Anson, Potong Pasir, Bukit Gombak, Nee Soon Central and Hougang were won by the respective opposition parties, no other opportunities contested these in subsequent GEs as long as they didn't lose their seats back to PAP. Punggol East was a new SMC. This is the first time an opposition is contemplating contesting another opposition-incumbent constituency.

Absolutely agree.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another step towards "Democracy" if that happens. This is a test of what the Opposition deems as more important, upholding "Democracy" or trying to kick PAP out. Frankly speaking, some of them not contesting is a slap on their own face since it's basically what they keep ranting about. Personally I think WP will still win be it 2 way, 3 way or 4 way. They just need to make sure they send someone decent.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now is not the time to make a national statement. Politics is local. HG will stay with WP and WP's candidates. HG voters are not going to vote NS over a WP candidate. There is just too great affinity betw HG and WP built up over the years. NS or GMS has no emotional ties to HG.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now is not the time to make a national statement. Politics is local. HG will stay with WP and WP's candidates. HG voters are not going to vote NS over a WP candidate. There is just too great affinity betw HG and WP built up over the years. NS or GMS has no emotional ties to HG.

A Hougang WP community excursion can command about 15 buses filled with 40 passengers in each bus. GMS was a bus leader before, he should know and remember. PP under CST could command about 10 buses, roughly according to population proportion to Hougang. With that inertia, Lina Chiam could score 49%.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
SDP made it clear it would not run for the BE. We have to credit them for it. I said before that NSP will not run because the new leaders are establishing them. Seems that I am wrong. A good way to establish themselves is to go out in the field and fight a battle, even if it's a losing battle. Being young and adventurous, it seem that NSP will be the spoiler.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP made it clear it would not run for the BE. We have to credit them for it. I said before that NSP will not run because the new leaders are establishing them. Seems that I am wrong. A good way to establish themselves is to go out in the field and fight a battle, even if it's a losing battle. Being young and adventurous, it seem that NSP will be the spoiler.
NSP lose deposit....hee hee

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP accomplished nothing is parliament and never challenged PAP in anything. They are a waste of time. I think Nicole can definitely do a better job.
No point WP keeping Hougang at all since they already have so many voices from aljunied.