• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Gilbert Goh’s New Sob Story - Loser Sinkie Entrepreneur Full of Regrets Not Having Iron Rice Bowl

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
46-year-old graduate PMET regret starting own business and feeling depressed
Post Published: 19 August 2019
Author: admin
Found in section: Highlights, Latest Articles, Mental health

Hello Gilbert,
I came to your website at http://www.transitioning.org/ and felt that I relate to the many sad stories from those unemployed. I am 46 years old male, and been out of job for 6 months. I have worked for over 15 years in engineering and managerial role, before switching to start my own online business for next 6 years.
Knowing what I knew now, I should NEVER have left my industry job in 2007 and venture into the unrelated world, and now find myself with no experience in many job sectors as well as a big gap in employment history. I have sent out hundreds of resumes based on my last working experience but I knew the past 6 years of “self-employed” status (and the fact that I’m 46) makes me unemployable. I am lost and don’t know what to do. I don’t even know if writing to you will help me.
I created my own mess and will have to deal with it. But now I’m searching aimlessly for any job, walking aimlessly on the streets to pass time, and thinking aimlessly about how to solve my problems and end this predicament. I am in worst state than any of those unemployed cases at your site, because of the 6 years gap in employment history.
I’m suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and worsening bouts of depression which I am getting exhausted trying to fight out of each episode.
I have engaged http://e2i.com.sg/ to help look for job, I have asked my family members for financial help to tie over this job search period (which I have no sight of when it will end), and I have been seeing doctors to treat my anxiety and depression. I felt my life is gone at age 46. My peers are driving BMWs and Mercedes Benz’s and holding senior positions, while I’m a failed middle-aged degree holder with no money, no job and no experience to do anything.
What else can I do? The doctors will probably prescribe me with anti-depressant drugs, make appointments to see me once every 3 weeks, listen to me talk ….. and basically can’t solve my problems. I need money, I need a job, I need my career back (which I so foolishly destroyed in 2007), and I want things to go back to normal like everyone else in Singapore. Reading the cases on your site makes me even more depressed, and seeing other people in depression and various stages of unemployment makes me even more sad as I know my situation is different from everyone else, and I have a even bigger problem than everyone else.
I just want to write this letter before my depression sets in and I can’t do anything. When my mind is clear, I am ok. But when depression sets in, I am immobilized and can’t even get to the keyboard. How my life has dropped to such low point, I wish I could end it and start my next life all over again.
Regards,
Siang

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gilbert should ask the person, in all those times, did he vote for PAP? he did, that is the problem, he didn't, he voted for oppositions, that is another problem. He should find his 'pastures' on the other side of the fence...if he can...like Malaysia...Philippines ..Myanmar etc..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He needs to vote for the PAP to provide them with a strong mandate so they can help him.

3cm

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are uni grad, by 40 years old, you can get more than $6000 a month even if you are slack if you are a civil servant.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
He needs to vote for the PAP to provide them with a strong mandate so they can help him.

and what will they do with this strong mandate? raise GST to 10% to help poor people like him? raise retirement age even further? block the electrification of our transport network to protect petrol tax revenue? :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed Loong is spending way too much time obsessing needlessly over lame oppies, buying support from pioneers and merdekans and fighting climate change to do much for him. Help is on the way! We just need to give PAP a strong mandate this coming election. :thumbsup:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monthly stable income for middle aged 40 year old to 55 year old people is very important as it determine whether these people make it in their retirement savings.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell the vultures in the Sinkieland that you may hate this word "retirement" and that we the working masses will show you that we can retire comfortably in own country :thumbsup:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My peers are driving BMWs and Mercedes Benz’s and holding senior positions, while I’m a failed middle-aged degree holder with no money, no job and no experience to do anything.

i know how he felt.:cry:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
46-year-old graduate PMET regret starting own business and feeling depressed
Post Published: 19 August 2019
Author: admin
Found in section: Highlights, Latest Articles, Mental health

Hello Gilbert,
I came to your website at http://www.transitioning.org/ and felt that I relate to the many sad stories from those unemployed. I am 46 years old male, and been out of job for 6 months. I have worked for over 15 years in engineering and managerial role, before switching to start my own online business for next 6 years.
Knowing what I knew now, I should NEVER have left my industry job in 2007 and venture into the unrelated world, and now find myself with no experience in many job sectors as well as a big gap in employment history. I have sent out hundreds of resumes based on my last working experience but I knew the past 6 years of “self-employed” status (and the fact that I’m 46) makes me unemployable. I am lost and don’t know what to do. I don’t even know if writing to you will help me.
I created my own mess and will have to deal with it. But now I’m searching aimlessly for any job, walking aimlessly on the streets to pass time, and thinking aimlessly about how to solve my problems and end this predicament. I am in worst state than any of those unemployed cases at your site, because of the 6 years gap in employment history.
I’m suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and worsening bouts of depression which I am getting exhausted trying to fight out of each episode.
I have engaged http://e2i.com.sg/ to help look for job, I have asked my family members for financial help to tie over this job search period (which I have no sight of when it will end), and I have been seeing doctors to treat my anxiety and depression. I felt my life is gone at age 46. My peers are driving BMWs and Mercedes Benz’s and holding senior positions, while I’m a failed middle-aged degree holder with no money, no job and no experience to do anything.
What else can I do? The doctors will probably prescribe me with anti-depressant drugs, make appointments to see me once every 3 weeks, listen to me talk ….. and basically can’t solve my problems. I need money, I need a job, I need my career back (which I so foolishly destroyed in 2007), and I want things to go back to normal like everyone else in Singapore. Reading the cases on your site makes me even more depressed, and seeing other people in depression and various stages of unemployment makes me even more sad as I know my situation is different from everyone else, and I have a even bigger problem than everyone else.
I just want to write this letter before my depression sets in and I can’t do anything. When my mind is clear, I am ok. But when depression sets in, I am immobilized and can’t even get to the keyboard. How my life has dropped to such low point, I wish I could end it and start my next life all over again.
Regards,
Siang
Soylent Green is the ultimate solution

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Knowing what I knew now, I should NEVER have left my industry job in 2007 and venture into the unrelated world, and now find myself with no experience in many job sectors as well as a big gap in employment history.

If he was a real towkay, he would have real experience in human resources, basic book keeping, logistics management, business administration. This story sounds like the typical oppie fake news to make the PAP look bad.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ZomboMeme 09122017150450.jpg

Enough said about this botak chee ko pek Gilbert Goh.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is typical of so many in real life: His job (job title) determines him as a person. He will never be happy, not even with his old job back. Had he stayed on with his old job, he would have kept going on and on about his wonderful business idea and how it would have been a success. He speaks as though he is employed for life, as if the job is his for life, maybe in reality, he would have got retrenched. A job is a means to his whole point of being, it is never a person's point of being, many have no idea, even at age 46.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is typical of so many in real life: His job (job title) determines him as a person. He will never be happy, not even with his old job back. Had he stayed on with his old job, he would have kept going on and on about his wonderful business idea and how it would have been a success. He speaks as though he is employed for life, as if the job is his for life, maybe in reality, he would have got retrenched. A job is a means to his whole point of being, it is never a person's point of being, many have no idea, even at age 46.

your words are very good. a job is just a job unless you are your own boss.