• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Future Aljunied Candidates? Lim Kexin

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
YP Aljunied Region - Lim Kexin (Serangoon)

https://www.facebook.com/youngpap?sk=app_4949752878

https://www.alumni.smu.edu.sg/sslpage.aspx?pid=522

Lim Kexin is a Senior Tax Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) & community and youth advocate

She makes juggling work and volunteerism seem effortless. With over 11 years of volunteer work with Rotaract, and grassroots and other organisations under her belt, this passionate do-gooder champions the Singapore Financial Women's Association's undergrad mentoring programme, drives corporate social responsibility projects for PwC, and shares ideas on how to engage youths at the National Youth Council while holding down a demanding job as a tax accountant. If that isn't enough,she also serves on the Young PAP's (YP) executive committee and chairs six YP branches.

It's no surprise the World Bank has recognised Singapore Management University's first female valedictorian as one of Singapre's emerging leaders. She says: "I feel most grounded while volunteering in the community. At the same time, influence is needed to bring about the positive changes I hope to see."

ICPAS Brand Ambassador Lim Kexin is a go-getting,high-flying woman of action. The World Bank Emerging Youth Leader, Rising Star Award winner in the Women in Asia Awards, Council Member of the National Youth Council and PwC senior tax consultant shares her views about work and life

https://www.alumni.smu.edu.sg/sslpage.aspx?pid=522

THE youth wing of the ruling People's Action
Party has picked a pair of tax consultants
to serve as organising secretary and
deputy organising secretary of its executive
committee.
Ms Lirn Kexin and Mr Abner Koh, both
28, were elected to the respective posts by
their peers late last month, the Young PAP
(YP) announced yesterday

http://www.smu.edu.sg/news_room/smu_in_the_news/2011/sources/ST_20110104_3.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/kexin.lim

her profile seem much stronger than Tin Tin huh ???

Last edited:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
........ Lim Kexin is a Senior Tax Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) & community and youth advocate........
no prices for guessing how much more miserable our lives will be if she joins the ranks of the policy makers in the house.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately failed tea party spectacularly.

hey scroobal, you got some inside scoop on this ??? prease share leh ???

never suck Ng ENg Hen cock properly???

she is obviously more high profile and has better credentials than Tin.....
she also hold a much higher rank in the YP as Org sec ....
remember 2 yr ago her CB face was all over MRT station with Teo Ser Fuck
so now have to suck Gan cock for the next 5 yr ???

309837_181955391899217_100002542727275_333984_1111940125_n.jpg

298297_10150295192146330_533416329_8389051_1839779004_n.jpg

view.image

lim_kexin_tmb.jpg

250356_10150246782231330_533416329_7990173_6634154_n.jpg

10416_144617826329_533416329_3129572_6759765_n.jpg

6416_120964326329_533416329_2838009_2217556_n.jpg

n533416329_847114_5667.jpg

380963_181955461899210_100002542727275_333985_1717364360_n.jpg

ICPAS Brand Ambassador Lim Kexin is a go-getting, high-flying woman of action. The World Bank Emerging Youth Leader, Rising Star
Award winner in the Women in Asia Awards, Council Member of the National Youth Council and PwC senior tax consultant shares her views
about work and life

Despite your relative youth, you have achieved success in your career. What has
contributed to your success?

It is probably too early to consider myself a success. After all, I have only been working with
PwC’s Tax Financial Services team for five years. Notwithstanding, the key to success is a longterm
focus while charting and pacing to achieve short-term milestones. My career goal is to
become a top-tier tax advisor while maintaining a life-long involvement in the community. This
clarity of direction allows me to assess and grasp appropriate opportunities and weather obstacles
as I move forward, regardless of what life brings. A dose of good luck is always useful too!

What are the highlights of your career?
In 2009, I was seconded to London to join PwC’s Total Tax Contribution team, a global thought
leadership team studying the overall tax contributions of organisations. Together with colleagues
from Ghana to the UK, Mauritius and Chile, I had the chance to work on the high-profile World
Bank–PwC Paying Taxes publication, analysing the competitiveness of 183 economies’ tax
systems. In addition to the invaluable cultural exposure, the stint allowed me to witness how tax
policies interplay with business developments in the global arena, cementing my appreciation of
tax as a dynamic field.
Another highlight relates to my involvement as a member of PwC’s Corporate Responsibility
(CR) team in Singapore and the PwC China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan’s CR steering
committee. As a member of the team, I initiate and drive various CR initiatives, sharing CR best
practices from around our network. Hundreds of colleagues are engaged annually in activities
ranging from overseas community projects in China, Cambodia and Vietnam, to fundraisers and
handson volunteer work. Feedback has been extremely positive and it makes me proud to have
played a role in shaping our corporate culture.

Given your many responsibilities, how do you manage your time?

Juggling and not allowing the numerous deliverables to overwhelm me. As my social circle
expanded, I quickly discovered that while everyone has only 24 hours, some achieve much more
than others. The key is to prioritise and focus. I start my day by taking a few minutes to filter the
key tasks I have to achieve for the day, and list them down. This list is then pinned at my desk,
and I start work on what is most time sensitive and important. I feel great satisfaction when the
tasks are completed, and the list gets thrown away at the end of the day.

Did you find it challenging when you first embarked on your career? What problems did you face and how did you overcome them?

During my initial years, I had, at times, struggled to find a balance between my personal and
work life. A tax advisory career is dynamic and challenging. But when added to my multiple
community responsibilities, life can be overwhelming. Now, my involvements are
compartmentalized to increase efficiency. For instance, I don’t drive, so I use my travel time on
the public transport to keep in touch with friends, and with the latest happenings via my iPhone.
Non-work correspondence is diverted to my personal email address, which I access while on the
move; client correspondence is sent to my work email, which I focus on when I am at work. This
allows me to effectively maximise my time.

Work-related stress is an inevitable component of modern life. How do you manage stress?

I book regular “time-out” moments — affectionately termed as “me time” — in my diary. I may
spend that time enjoying a cup of coffee, reading a book, shopping or watching TV with my
grandmother. “Me time”
allows me to take a step back to look at the big picture, engage in reflection and compose myself
before moving forward again.

As a leader, how do you pick out potential leaders? What traits should they possess?

Generally, I look for people with the right motivation and attitude. A leader needs to provide
direction and take responsibility for team performance, be it credit or reprimand. I think it is
important for a leader to lead by example, and work alongside the team members. Thus, I strive
to do the same by maintaining hands-on involvement and keeping in close touch with my teams
to ensure that they are on the right track.

What advice would you give those starting out in their careers?

Life is a marathon and not a sprint. I always remember the story of the tortoise racing the hare.
The hare was ahead but the tortoise was the eventual winner. Success requires hard work and
does not come overnight. This is particularly so in a profession like public accounting, where
technical competence and experience take time to accumulate. While working to accelerate
growth, one should also have the patience to take things one step at a time.

Are there any maxims or mottos that you live by?
Treasure every day like it is your last.

Anything else you wish to add?
Always keep an open mind and be prepared to learn from everyone, regardless of rank, status or
profile.

From my 11 years of community involvement, I have learnt that everyone — from the top
corporate honchos to taxi drivers and the coffee lady at the office — has valuable life lessons to
share. If you keep an open mind, you will be the biggest winner of all.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.......

scro, huat the sccop....? share leh ...

how she screw up ??
she is now the highest appt holder in YP other than the 3 MPs, and some MP are even below her .... like Tin in the organation chart...
any info against future candidate will be useful... after tin case, I think they will be more guarded ... so spilled the news while its news
huat cause her to lose the slot to tin ?

also are you Ng ENg Hen? how come you know so much

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women in politic are good at house cleaning, that is getting rid of top people. Come to making money - none and failed. So why is PAP getting non-profit CEO and paid millions to get rid of proxy PM and his mates.

no prices for guessing how much more miserable our lives will be if she joins the ranks of the policy makers in the house.

Last edited: