• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucking Shit, new Bus Co. hire Bus Capt @ $1865, how can sinkies live on this wage?

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fucking Shit, new Bus Co. hire Bus Capt @ $1865, how can sinkies live on this wag

hahaha....TS, u are really the most thick skinned empty vessel around ....
clearly, u are clueless about the transportation industry and yet insisted on giving your retarded comments...
anybody with half a brain will know that the new bus firm (Tower Transit and Go Ahead) would need to build up a pool of bus drivers quickly....
they would already have done market surveys to cum outwith better terms to try to woo existing bus drivers from SBS and SMRT to jump ships....
hence they have higher basic pay and together with overtime pay, they are expected to gross up $3000 if they follow their duty schedule...
truly an idiot with nothing between the 2 ears..

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fucking Shit, new Bus Co. hire Bus Capt @ $1865, how can sinkies live on this wag

Basic salary is the only thing that is guaranteed and the figure is SGD 1,865. "May earn up to $3,000" is like some commodity trading firm oops I mean scammer's advert "can earn up to $1 million a year". Omit the key parts - if you don't sleep, don't eat, don't bathe, and bus company schedule allows for all drivers to work as much overtime as they want (which is NEVER going to be the case). Only dumbass 70% Sinkies will fall for this kind of marketing scams!

http://www.censtatd.gov.hk/hkstat/sub/sp210.jsp?tableID=028&ID=0&productType=8

The charts at the above link will show that the average salary of a driver in HK is HKD 15,749 - that is more than SGD 2,800 per month. By the way, these statistics are published EVERY QUARTER by the HK government. Sinkieland? You get what you vote for so I don't want to hear any more complains!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pls do not spread falsehood.
Pap propaganda machine says $1000 income can buy 2 room flat and support fanily of 4.
Or $1500 can support 6 or was it 7 kids with wife as housewife.
In any case bus captain job is for the rejects from taxi drivers, crane operators and dish washers trade.....since those jobs pay $7k, $6k and $3k respectively.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha....TS, u are really the most thick skinned empty vessel around ....
clearly, u are clueless about the transportation industry and yet insisted on giving your retarded comments...
anybody with half a brain will know that the new bus firm (Tower Transit and Go Ahead) would need to build up a pool of bus drivers quickly....
they would already have done market surveys to cum outwith better terms to try to woo existing bus drivers from SBS and SMRT to jump ships....
hence they have higher basic pay and together with overtime pay, they are expected to gross up $3000 if they follow their duty schedule...
truly an idiot with nothing between the 2 ears..

Gross $3000 is a lot?
Bigger than bullock cart wheel?
Not enough for one night in ktv....
Enough for loser like you to survive/subsist maybe.....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Gross $3000 is a lot?

Don't bother with kukushit, He is a cocksucking PAP IB. He once told me he likes to fuck his grandson. He is a sick rapist.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gross $3000 is a lot?
hahaha....did I say it is a lot????
but it is definitely more than $1865....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

hahaha....did I say it is a lot????
but it is definitely more than $1865....

Wow, $3000 is definitely more then $1865? Amazing, give yourself a pat on the back! You know how to count. So, if you got fucked by 10 banglas today, and 20 banglas yesterday. Which is definitely more?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The average London Bus driver salary is £41,500 [SGD82000] a year. The average hourly bus driver rate has been calculated as £10.18 an hour compared with the London Living Wage of £9.15 an hour, which Boris Johnson endorses as the minimum required for a decent standard of living in the high cost capital.Jan 13, 2015

Amazing eh??

The bus drivers with the Toronto Transit Corporation start at Cdn $24 an hour, and make about $31.40 after 24 months.
This will work out to about $49,920 to $64,560, excluding overtime.
There are numerous drivers who work overtime and earn about $120,000 a year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...river-what-will-my-salary-be/article18663170/

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The bus drivers with the Toronto Transit Corporation start at Cdn $24 an hour, and make about $31.40 after 24 months.
This will work out to about $49,920 to $64,560, excluding overtime.
There are numerous drivers who work overtime and earn about $120,000 a year.

this is not positive for passengers and ultimately taxpayers as unionized high pay leads to high cost for the transit and high fares. transit workers in the bay area easily make over us$69k plus overtime and benefits with typical gross of over us$130k per year. they are allowed by law to go on strike at the end of each 5-year contract, and labor bargaining with threats of strike usually yields 5% increment per year (or 25% over next 5 years) plus more benefits and time off. fares go up more than 5% year on year due to high cost of operations and inflation in transit worker wages. additionally, measures will be put in place every election cycle to collect taxes from residents within counties that various transit companies operate in to pay for transit upgrades and "transportation improvements." it's never ending excuses for taxpayer funding and passenger fare increases ever since various transit options started operations here 40 years ago. and the systems are aging, constantly breakdown, and soon will be in disrepair (and require billions for an overhaul). i'm getting sick and tired of it.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With respect, I believe that the unionized employees of the Toronto Transit Commission ("TTC") are overpaid.

I agree with you that the relatively high unionized wages result in higher fares for the commuters.

In 1981, the cost of an unlimited rides Metro Pass was about $23 per month, whereas now, it is $141.
A monthly pass for a student (age 12 to 18) is $112.
The cash fare per ride (or one way) is $3.25 for an adult, and $2.00 for student or senior citizen,
whereas if an individual purchases "tokens", the fare is $2.90 for an adult and $1.95 for student or senior citizen.
I believe the fares are very expensive.

https://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/index.jsp

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pls do not spread falsehood.
Pap propaganda machine says $1000 income can buy 2 room flat and support fanily of 4.
Maybe its true but the problem is hdb is not building 2 room flat.
Only for surviving but left with nothing every mth.
You cant holiday, you cant spend little more to eat better. You cant spend little more for kids to attend extra lessons outside or learning new stuff.
Bills all must strictly stay minimum, anything exceed, minus off from food expenses etc.
And better be virus free family, if not need to spend from the 1k to see doctor.

Hahaha pap say can survive, of course can in such situation. Pap boleh hahaha

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With respect, I believe that the unionized employees of the Toronto Transit Commission ("TTC") are overpaid.

I agree with you that the relatively high unionized wages result in higher fares for the commuters.

In 1981, the cost of an unlimited rides Metro Pass was about $23 per month, whereas now, it is $141.
A monthly pass for a student (age 12 to 18) is $112.
The cash fare per ride (or one way) is $3.25 for an adult, and $2.00 for student or senior citizen,
whereas if an individual purchases "tokens", the fare is $2.90 for an adult and $1.95 for student or senior citizen.
I believe the fares are very expensive.

https://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/index.jsp

commuters in sg are spoilt rotten, and they don't know how good and convenient of a transit system they are enjoying. my round trip ride to sf downtown is us$12 plus us$4 for parking, and most of the time parking is full after 6:30am. if i were to take transit to sfo, which is becoming necessary as vehicle traffic in and out of sfo is a sick joke, the round trip fare is over us$20 and parking at source station requires at least us$39 for an extended parking permit. the system where i am is broke and a joke for even better paid white collar workers, and there's no turning back the clock. every time i see minimum wage workers and students taking the trains or buses early in the morning to their destinations, i see despair, desperation, and dumbfoundedness. they are dumbfounded as to why their daily fares cost them at least an hour of their minimum wage and at least two hours of commute time due to delays, breakdowns, and poor timing and synchronization of transfers. :*:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lee Hsien Loong spends more than 2000 dollars a day for various cancer cocktail and drugs

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

commuters in sg are spoilt rotten, and they don't know how good and convenient of a transit system they are enjoying. my round trip ride to sf downtown is us$12 plus us$4 for parking, and most of the time parking is full after 6:30am. if i were to take transit to sfo, which is becoming necessary as vehicle traffic in and out of sfo is a sick joke, the round trip fare is over us$20 and parking at source station requires at least us$39 for an extended parking permit. the system where i am is broke and a joke for even better paid white collar workers, and there's no turning back the clock. every time i see minimum wage workers and students taking the trains or buses early in the morning to their destinations, i see despair, desperation, and dumbfoundedness. they are dumbfounded as to why their daily fares cost them at least an hour of their minimum wage and at least two hours of commute time due to delays, breakdowns, and poor timing and synchronization of transfers. :*:

In the past, there appears to be little or no "future planning" or strategic planning for growth for the TTC in Toronto.
The subways are extremely full during peak or rush hours.
If I am not at King and Bay, say 2 to 3 stations North of King Subway Station, I have to wait for 3 to 5 trains before I can get on, at about 1700 hours.
In that aspect, the Singapore system is definitely better.

Besides, in Toronto, there has been a lack of co-ordination between the Department approving new condo developments and the "infrastructure dept."
because numerous condos have been built during the past 10 to 20 years, and only very recently, the City is trying to upgrade the water mains, sewage system
and the electrical grid to accommodate the extra volume.
It looks like there has been poor planning, co-ordination, and common sense.

Although usually, it takes me about 20 minutes to travel by subway from home to the Court (6 stations West, and 3 to 4 stations South, including walking to the subway station), recently, the crowd and sometimes, breakdown but more often the delay, can make it 30 minutes. It will only get worse.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All Sinkies, including those in the dumbfuck 69.9% class, must learn that New York City or Bay Area is not representative of all America; Toronto or Vancouver city centre is not representative of all Canada; Shanghai Bund is not representative of all China; etc.

With the above in mind, they can watch this video carefully and marvel at USD 75 ANNUAL parking fee and wonder what kind of people will come to this forum and highlight examples from New York, Bay Area, Toronto, whatever and say Sinkieland under PAP MiniSTARS with out-of-this-world salaries is so much better .............

:oIo:

[video=youtube;Au3kJMA_dc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3kJMA_dc8[/video]

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

only a fool will compare county parks parking to city parking. heck, it's free on the curbside at any suburb away from the city in the u.s.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only a fool will look at parking fees, bus and subway fares, cost of eating out, etc in isolation without looking at capital cost of cars and houses, salary levels in relation to all the normal living expenses, ability to truly withdraw YOUR pension monies and utilise them when you need it and not when they allow you to, etc. Intellectuals do more than eat and shit though die they must intellectual or not. Taking a wholistic comparison, the grass is indeed greener in America, Canada, Australia, etc.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

need to consider public safety too. there's gun violence everyday in the bay area where the average iq is way above the national average. and someone getting killed by random shooting either in oakland, richmond, sf, or san jose.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is not positive for passengers and ultimately taxpayers as unionized high pay leads to high cost for the transit and high fares. transit workers in the bay area easily make over us$69k plus overtime and benefits with typical gross of over us$130k per year. they are allowed by law to go on strike at the end of each 5-year contract, and labor bargaining with threats of strike usually yields 5% increment per year (or 25% over next 5 years) plus more benefits and time off. fares go up more than 5% year on year due to high cost of operations and inflation in transit worker wages. additionally, measures will be put in place every election cycle to collect taxes from residents within counties that various transit companies operate in to pay for transit upgrades and "transportation improvements." it's never ending excuses for taxpayer funding and passenger fare increases ever since various transit options started operations here 40 years ago. and the systems are aging, constantly breakdown, and soon will be in disrepair (and require billions for an overhaul). i'm getting sick and tired of it.

Alamak, everyone is making lots of dough in SF ...of course, bus drivers must see their wages go up. Even if all them make $120k, it is still very little compared to the millions made by others.

The problem in SF is not that there is no money, it is this stupid adherence to low taxes to the point that services are sacrificed.