• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucking Ong Ye Kung approve insects for food.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s just a matter of time before they share the wonderful nutrients crickets have. Encourage u to forsake chicken which you probably can’t afford in 10 years time.
Boss John, u can expand your food empire with Fried Kokroaches .... will definite be a growth enablers to expand your global footprint and marketshare :smile:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://expose-news.com/2024/06/27/the-war-on-farmers-will-cause-food-wars/

The War on Farmers will cause “food wars” – not climate change​

BY RHODA WILSON ON JUNE 27, 2024

According to a report by the Financial Times yesterday, Olam Agri, one of the world’s largest agricultural commodity traders, has warned that the world is heading towards “food wars” due to geopolitical tensions and climate change which are pushing countries into conflict over dwindling food supplies.

Speaking at the Redburn Atlantic and Rothschild consumer conference last week, Sunny Verghese, Olam Agri’s CEO, said trade barriers imposed by countries are exacerbating inflation and pushing countries into conflict over waning food supplies.

“Big agricultural commodity traders, which reaped record profits in 2022 after Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine sent food prices soaring, have been accused of exacerbating flood price inflation through profit-boosting mark-ups,” the Financial Times said.

“Food prices started to climb in the wake of covid-19 and surged following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as some exports of grain and fertilisers were blocked by the conflict. This deepened food insecurity in poorer countries and left consumers all over the world facing a cost-of-living crisis,” the news outlet noted.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every single mortal thinks differently, due to their mentality & environment that they lived in. No one is right...or wrong. It's about sharing perspectives & scientific facts that Humanity may progress & evolve under any dire circumstances.

For those whom wish to spread fear that this approval from our SG govt will eventually lead to one eating even dirty vermin like ugly & unsightly cockroaches, others can similarly EXTRAPOLATE that such approval will eventually lead to eating dog meat & even Human meat - horrific cannibalism. Thus stop the extrapolation thru fears. One step at a time & Humanity DO have choices & voting power.

Based upon SCIENTIFIC FACTS, insects can be eaten, so long as it is PROPERLY washed & cooked - boiled or fried, as NO biological organic germs or virus that exists or carried by such insects will survive such heat.

Once done, it becomes a different State of Matter - carbs or proteins to energized the body needs, broken down by our Human Digestive system & any waste will be discarded from the Human body, as our ancient ancestors had done whom lived in jungles, caves & deserts had done & given us our todays, otherwise Humankind would had starved & gone extinct eons ago.

The only time the insignificant nobody me had ever fed on exotic foods was during NS, when MREs was long gone & missions yet to be completed in non-Human habitat lands. It was either to starve to death & fail the missions, or properly wash & boil such exotic foods for its mineral contents to energize our bodies to complete missions...

To be honest, after my term in NS, I NEVER tried feeding on exotic foods, not even from best restaurants over bear claws, tiger penis, etc. Such is due to my upbringing in Singapore, whereby mainstream & commonly accepted food is totally sanitized & ready to cook, from supermarkets & hawker centers. None needs to even slaughter a chicken to eat meat in Singapore.

Thus, with the current approval over insects, a citizen still has the choice - to eat or not to eat such foods. At least 98% of restaurants & food centers offers main stream food & not exotic foods in Singapore. Thus no need the foolish panic.

However, if one still desires to be dependent on mainstream prepared food, then one MUST support Peace & Stability at all costs, otherwise if chaos ensue, then let's not forget the Syria Civil war whereby starving citizens had to feed on stringy meat cats to survive.......

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me remember a few incidents whereby I hosted dinner to ASEAN neighbors, to gather insights on how we Singapore can help them. not the top executives as they are already well taken care by others, but the more lower down staff, whom came from the villages, to get a feel of their lives.

As a host, I gave them the choice to choose whatever food they wanted in a good restaurant that serves their local food, which they promptly ordered, to my dismay as it was nothing that the long bred sanitized me would eat...

They, along with their accompanied wives ordered exotic foods such as snails amongst many more others, & I watched in horror, fascination & awe as they used toothpicks supplied to plug out the cooked snails from their shells, dip the meat upon spicy sauces & popped them into their mouths. They enjoyed their local food, & at one point, stared at me & asked me why I was staring & not eating the food.

Embarrassed & stunned out of my stupor by their question, I apologized & claimed that the accompanied vegetable dish were far too spicy for my taste & trying to recover myself. Re-assured, they continued with their favorite foods & even ordered seconds....

Point is, each think differently & even have their own tastes, due to their upbringing & environment. There is no right or wrong. We all have to survive, to live for our loved ones & provide for them...

Our highly sanitized culture is different from others, even neighbors whom are from agrarian societies. Singapore pride itself as an international city, with tourism being a major spinner to our economy to bring in revenues for necessary social expenditures, & thus a need for a more open minded approach but based upon scientific facts & not flimsy excuses such drugs that destroy lives. but to uplift all lives safely here in our country....