• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FTs Say Sinkiepore Sucks!!

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
But why are peasants just slaves? Wasn't it the great Jah_Rastafar_I that proclaimed not long ago that SG will not be what is is today if not for the 75% Chinese population???

How did this overwhelming ethnic society end up being peasant slaves to the elites??

Any self respecting Chink, if any, out there willing to answer this?

I am no self respecting chink but I remember the words of the great Chink Pig Jah_Rastafar_I from this post.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=23304

SG is the richest country in the region or SEA, 2nd richest country in asia.

OKay i won't deny it's location is very good for entrepot trading. The development by the British also aided to its status of a developed country yet the same can be said of matland.

So what do you guys think if sg was under malay rule? It would probably be under the sultan of johor's juristristion and i think all those johor criminals would be running rampant in SG.

What do u guys think?

Also SG has a majority pop of 75% chinese whom made the country what it is today. If the % were changed say more malays would SG be better or worse?

jw5

Loyal
If he thinks Singkieland sucks, then he can fuck off back to his homeland.
What's the big problem?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos u re not a chinese. u wish to be one, but that could only come after u re done with your keling life. right?

u re just a motherfucking keling lah with that shit smell to boot. puke

that keling shit today not here lah.. he go little india n hold hands with his ah neh frens..:biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just imagine how a Male! Singaporean! who has served National Service in Singapore! will feel.

I dont care how you feel, as long as 'I feel good.' - LKY

James Brown - I feel good

Attachments

• 1-3.jpg
    1-3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each time whenever I had a lunch or dinner with friends or associates, I will hear their frustration in foreigner presence when I already feeling damn sick seeing them everywhere from Tuas all the way to Changi.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Each time whenever I had a lunch or dinner with friends or associates, I will hear their frustration in foreigner presence when I already feeling damn sick seeing them everywhere from Tuas all the way to Changi.
If you feel this way, then please vote out the policy makers at the next elections.
I can assure you that they will rethink and revise their policy.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you feel this way, then please vote out the policy makers at the next elections.
I can assure you that they will rethink and revise their policy.

Friend, I have always voted out PAP and do not know why the PAP holding on, but I feel that there is a foul play in the voting box.:confused:

I do not if there is any use in voting when it is actually not a secret at all.:cool:

Perhaps 66.6% can give the best answer.:rolleyes:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,199816,00.html?

We HATE S'pore
Facebook group invites S'pore-bashing and gets bashed by other netizens
By Liew Hanqing

April 24, 2009

NP_IMAGES_HQSING2.jpg

TNP ILLUSTRATION: SIMON ANG

WITH close to 400 members, the group on social networking site Facebook can be considered popular - except that it's out to highlight all that is unpopular about Singapore.

The name of the group is blunt: Singapore Sucks!

Yes, it's a group dedicated to bashing Singapore.

The group, set up in 2007, is now being hotly discussed online after netizens posted a link to the group on several online forums and on citizen journalism website Stomp.

In a write-up on its Facebook page, the group states that its purpose is to 'raise awareness for people from everywhere in the world about the current state of Singapore and for members to vent their frustration'.

The group's profile picture, which has since been removed, was a digitally altered photograph showing several buildings in the Central Business District being hit by a 11 Sep-style terrorist attack.

Foreigners rant

Most of the members appear to be Singaporean, but there are also many foreigners who have joined the group.

A handful of these foreigners, who claim to have lived in Singapore, are active participants on discussion threads on the group's page - in particular, a thread that urges members to use the site to 'vent their frustrations about Singapore and Singaporeans'.

The first post on the thread, written by Ms Laila Allen from Australia, is a lengthy rant about her negative experiences living in Singapore.

She wrote: 'Try asking a question of your friendly sales assistant, waiter, employee, I dare you.

'You will either be met with a blank stare, or they will find someone else, who will find someone else, who will ask the manager, who brings everyone over to see what the problem is. Repeat.'

Ms Allen continued her tirade, describing Singaporeans as 'backward' and incapable of appreciating sarcasm.

She also criticised the way Singaporeans speak English.

'You are seriously over not being able to understand what the hell they are saying. No one seems to speak any one language well. Their English, often as a first language, is broken and they all have the weirdest accents,' she wrote.

Another member, Ms Jacinta Bonnici, also from Australia, detailed a series of negative experiences she had while living in Singapore.

Some of her gripes: Having people not give way to her in the MRT, and people continuing to speak Mandarin to her even after they find out she does not speak the language.

She wrote: 'We may be too brash and loud in expressing our anger, however underneath all of that anger is sadness, disbelief and hunger - hunger to be in a place where we can breathe, live and laugh again.'

Some of the harshest comments are from self-proclaimed Singaporeans.

One group member, a Mr Mark Lee who identified himself as a Singaporean, wrote: 'I concur with all the accusations levelled thus far, especially those on linguistic competency.

'Funny how you travel half the world around (sic) and are still able to identify Sinkies once they open their mouths.'

Some netizens, however, were quick to rebut some of the more harshly worded comments on the discussion thread.

Mr Justin Chai wrote: 'We are quiet when you (foreigners) complain that something is not to your ideals, liking or similar to the treatment in your home country where you are the majority.

'But to openly bash our community: Are we supposed to stand quietly in the sidelines and let you vandalise our name?'

Another netizen, Mr Kwa Jie Hao, wrote: 'There are certainly many facets of Singapore that are detestable, but for every rude and socially inept Singaporean that you have had the misfortune to meet, there is an open-minded (and generally younger) Singaporean who does not make the same mistakes...

'As such, I wish you good fortune in avoiding the unpleasant occurrences that, lamentably, surface in our beautiful city from time to time.'

One netizen, posting on the Sgclub forum, added: 'It's the silly ppl (sic) degrading themselves and everyone else with them at work again.

'I don't understand why some people like to whine at every little bad thing in life rather than doing something constructive about it.'

People behind the group

So who's behind this Singapore-bashing group?

The Facebook page says the creator is one Mr Wils Cheng .

When The New Paper e-mailed to ask him why he set up the group, he simply referred us to the write-up on the group's Facebook page.

He would not say if he is Singaporean.

On whether he felt his group's stand was too harsh, Mr Cheng replied: 'I do regret that the name of the group may be 'harsh and unfair', but the things we advocate - free speech, free blogging, less restriction on art and expression, and cultural progress - are all positive.'

We contacted two other members from the group, but both did not respond by press time.

One, a Mr Thomas Frederick Lim, was later found to be no longer an officer of the group.

He was also no longer listed as a group member when The New Paper checked the group's member list a day after we contacted him.

Responding to online criticism about his group, Mr Cheng said: 'Only a fascist and/or a defender of fascism would be offended by these positive points.'

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,200263,00.html?

'Go to your MP instead of complaining'
By Elysa Chen

April 28, 2009

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_ECSING3.jpg

HAPPY: Mr Anthony Fulwood (left), an English teacher from the UK, is an active participant in grassroots work. TNP FILE PICTURE

WHILE some of his countrymen are eagerly joining in the bashing of Singapore on the Facebook group 'Singapore Sucks', an English teacher from the UK who has been living here for the past five years is leaping to Singapore's defence.

This unlikely knight in shining armour is Singapore permanent resident Anthony Fulwood, 30.

Mr Fulwood, who lives in an executive HDB flat in Bukit Panjang, is so proud of Singapore, he even dubbed himself an 'ambassador' to promote 'life in Singapore'.

That is why when he heard that a group had formed on the social networking site to criticise his adopted homeland on things like the lack of freedom and the ungraciousness of its people, he felt that he should speak up.

'It hurts me when I hear people attacking my home like that. When your home is being attacked, the first thing you do is to stand up and defend your home,' said Mr Fulwood, who is active in grassroots work in Bukit Panjang.

'I don't want a gold star, and no one's going to give me a gold star either, but I just want people to know the truth about life here,' he said.

Mr Fulwood, who has lived in India, Africa and the Middle East, added: 'People always say that the grass is greener overseas. My challenge to them is: Go overseas and see what it's like in another country.

'I am sure that 100 per cent will come back and say that Singapore's better.'

Mr Fulwood listed government policies such as the baby bonus scheme, his HDB home, the community spirit and safety as some of the reasons why he loves Singapore.

NP_IMAGES_FAX27.jpg

The New Paper, 23 Apr.

He also felt that there was enough political freedom here as people have the right to choose in elections and they have the Speakers' Corner to voice their opinions.

'Yet, people don't want to go to the park. They want to complain in pubs and Facebook groups. These teenagers that complain about things they know nothing about are immature,' said Mr Fulwood.

'They should approach their Member of Parliament, and try to solve the problem. But these people want an audience. That's why they go to Facebook to complain,' he added.

American expatriate Bill Hedman, 52, the managing director of an investment firm said: 'Singapore's great. I have had no problem in the last seven years my wife and I have been here.

Everything works

'Everything is clean, there are good restaurants and everything works. The business climate here is also very good. The Government is very pro-business.'

Addressing one of the main grouses of the Facebook group, the lack of freedom here, Mr Hedman felt that 'Singapore is still a young country, but political and artistic freedom will eventually come'.

The only downside to living here, he said, is the 'hot and humid weather', but that did not bother him much either as he is from Florida, he added, chuckling.

Agreeing, Mr Lin Menuhin, 45, a British expatriate who has been working here for the past three years, said: 'Singapore is a regional hub that's efficient and comfortable, and provides a safe environment to work in.

'As someone who is here for work, to be honest, there is nothing negative I can find about the system.'

Singaporeans have also rallied online to rebuke the comments made by foreigners.

Some observers have noted the irony that Singaporean netizens are defending their country against accusations that they themselves have often made online.

Explaining why Singaporeans are reacting so defensively even though they may agree with the foreign critics, Dr Tan Ern Ser, an associate professor in the Department of Sociology in the National University of Singapore, said it was because Singaporeans wanted to 'reserve the right to criticise ourselves'.

And even though the Facebook group has garnered at least 400 supporters, Dr Sulfikar Amir, from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences in Nanyang Technological University, said: 'They may not necessarily represent the opinion of the majority of people here, which is why so many others have hit back at the people who have set up and joined this Singapore Sucks group.'

When The New Paper asked the creator of the Facebook group, who gave his name as Mr Wils Cheng, why he created the group, he said in an e-mail reply: 'I did expect some negative reaction but I never thought that the group would be covered by sites like Stomp, Asiaone, The New Paper and Singapore Enquirer.'

It is not known if he is a Singaporean.

Adding that he was 'surprised' to see how his group could have 'stirred up such a big fuss', Mr Cheng said: 'I don't see Japan Times covering the group 'Japan Sucks' or the French AFP writing about the group 'France Sucks'.'