• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FTrash Getai Singers Show Off CBs!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 03 Sep 2009
Getai ‘striptease’ and skimpy outfits: Have singers gone too far?

getai_striptease-thumbnail.jpg

On Sunday (Aug 30), Taiwanese singer Ya Ya stunned the crowd at a Jurong Fishery Port Road getai show. Wearing a blue sequinned number for her first song, she removed layers of costumes one by one, and finally stripped down to a matching blue bra and bikini bottom. Has this ‘striptease’ act gone too far?

According to a report in The New Paper today (Sept 3), some Getai veterans seem to think so, and they blame young organisers for police reminders to tone down raunchy acts.

Though Ya Ya’s performers here appear to be tame compared to similar shows in Taiwan, some veteran organisers said they were unhappy with the unwanted attention such gimmicks have drawn. They blame young organisers who understand little of the culture.

These are some quotes from The New Paper:

“Sometimes, these youngsters get carried away in their enthusiasm to raise the level of interest,” said one veteran organiser.

“People get carried away and they forget the right values of entertainment,” said Mr Peter Loh, 58, another veteran organiser.

Mr Aaron Tan, 33, the owner of Lex(s) Entertainment which organised some shows featuring Ya Ya, said that he received a call from the police reminding him to watch out for inappropriate attire.

“I knew she was going to remove layers of costumes one by one, but I didn’t know to what extent,” said Mr Tan.

Ya Ya had not stripped in her first two shows for Mr Tan, and from what he had seen in earlier newspaper reports of her other shows, he did not sense that things would go too far.

“It was only when Ya Ya was down to her final two-piece costume that “alarm bells” rang. I then told Ya Ya’s agent to inform her that her costume was not acceptable and that she should not repeat this at my other shows,” said Mr Tan.

While he respected the feedback from veteran organisers, Mr Tan was disheartened that the blame has shifted to him.

“Some of them complain that we try too hard to revolutionise getai – but they copy the winning formulas such as stage designs. And when something negative happens, they point their fingers at us,” said Mr Tan.”

Well, what do you think? Has this 'striptease' act at Getai gone too far?

Check out our Getai coverage here >>>

Click on thumbnails for larger image

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 31 Aug 2009
Wow! 5,000 people turned up for the getai show in Jurong Fish Port

wow_5000_people_turned_up_for_the_getai_show_in_jurong_fish_port-thumbnail.jpg

A STOMPer was at Jurong Fish Port's getai show which pulled in about 5,000 people of all ages. He even spotted an affectionate couple within the crowd!

Chinese flautist told STOMP via email today (Aug 31):

"These pictures were taken at a getai stage at Jurong Fish Port located at the end of Fishery Port Road which ends at the Sungei Jurong.

"The strobe lights and white smoke on stage created a surreal effect to captivate the huge audience.

"It was a raunchy show that attracted the young and old.

"Every year during the Hungry Ghost Festival, the Chinese would celebrate Zhong Yuan Jie to usher in the 7th month of lunar New Year.

"The gates of hell are opened to free the hungry ghosts who will come to earth to seek for food.

"The crowd was estimated to be 5,000.

"They were seated in a quadrangle surrounded by a U-shaped block of offices occupied by the fish merchants of Singapore."

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watching CBs donch need to know Engrish, right?

Posted on 29 Aug 2009
Can't understand the language? These foreign workers still can enjoy getai

cant_understand_the_language-thumbnail.jpg

It seems anyone, regardless of race or culture, can enjoy getai. These foreign workers at Woodlands Industrial Park were seen lapping up the music, even if they could not understand the language.

STOMPer Colourless Man, who took these photos, said:

"These pictures were taken at Woodlands Industrial Park E1 where a nightly getai was held.

"Photos 1 and 2 show the singer on stage belting out her favourite songs in Mandarin, Hokkien and Cantonese.

"She was dressed in flamboyant sequinned costumes and feathered headgear.

"As she progressed in her singing she peeled off her costumes, one by one, until the barest minimum remained so as not to run foul of our decency laws.

"Photo 3 shows the listeners who came from far and near and they arrived in droves on bicycles, motorcycles, cars and lorries.

"The crowd was about 2,000 strong and about 70% of the audience were foreign workers from the dormitories nearby in this huge industrial estate.

"Photos 4 and 5 show some of the workers were perched on the parapet of the third level of an industrial building and they were enjoying the getai show.

"I spoke to one worker and asked him in simple English if he understood the songs she was singing.

"He replied, 'I no understand the language but I enjoy the music and band especially the guitar and drum'.

"Surprisingly most of the workers stayed till the end of the show at 10.30 pm.

"It was a free show and they were happily lapping up the Chinese getai music which is after all a universal language for people of all races.

"Getai is here to stay and soon the foreign workers will also learn to appreciate the beauty of Chinese music with its fast tempo accompanied by the showmanship of the singers."

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the crowd what they want.

I am sure most men do not mind kids being banned from the shows if it meant that the shows can be raunchier.

It seems like this country panders to the feminists (and eunuch-like men) while requiring their real men to serve NS.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We can watch girls in bikini on the TV but not on getais? get real lah! Since when did the mata become moral enforcers when they have none to start with?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quotes "I still cannot see the CB what! what so indecent about it."
"bikini only wat. wats there to complain abt? "

Exactly my sentiments too! Where's the indecent exposure? The authorities, if they are indeed so moralistic and self-righteous, then getais should be banned outright, together with wearing bikinis at the beach or in fact anywhere else where the people can see. :rolleyes:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lidat banned? ok... but to be fair... can the useless garment ban all swimming pool... both public n pvt? ban swimming in beach? ban swimming? even better still ish to ban... the sales of all bra n panties... WAH!! lidat we huat leow!! :biggrin::biggrin::p

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Xi Gua Siew" or "Watermelon Shows" surfaced after oldman Chiang died and Taiwan became democratic..

Sinkieland is still conservative if you never heard of Geylang.

Taiwan singers strip till they are naked at funerals...

Last edited:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best to stop tempting these country Bangala pumpkins, Geylang business won't get any better.

Wait till some FTrash from the Balanga brigade gets horny all night long.

Some poor Indon maids might just lose their virginity by housing breaking Bangala rapists garbage whom had just seen a live striptease show on earth for the first time in their lives!

Watching CBs donch need to know Engrish, right?

Posted on 29 Aug 2009
Can't understand the language? These foreign workers still can enjoy getai

"The crowd was about 2,000 strong and about 70% of the audience were foreign workers from the dormitories nearby in this huge industrial estate.

"Photos 4 and 5 show some of the workers were perched on the parapet of the third level of an industrial building and they were enjoying the getai show.

"I spoke to one worker and asked him in simple English if he understood the songs she was singing.

"He replied, 'I no understand the language but I enjoy the music and band especially the guitar and drum'.

"Surprisingly most of the workers stayed till the end of the show at 10.30 pm.

"It was a free show and they were happily lapping up the Chinese getai music which is after all a universal language for people of all races.

"Getai is here to stay and soon the foreign workers will also learn to appreciate the beauty of Chinese music with its fast tempo accompanied by the showmanship of the singers."

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
these type of racy dances common in indian village temple festivals..

the FW have just come there to recollect their experiences back in their village
:biggrin:
:biggrin: