• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT gets free taxi rides in Singapore

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...ses_to_pay_1020_taxi_fare.html#commentSection

drunk_passenger_refuses_to_pay_1020_taxi_fare-thumbnail.jpg

This Urban Jungle
Posted on 29 Aug 2011

Drunk FT refuses to pay $10.20 taxi fare but police say they can't help cabbie

Enraged
92%
Shiok!
1%
LOL!
2%
So sad
2%
Sure or not?
0%
Bochup
3%

STOMPer Justin's father, who is a cabby, encountered this man who reportedly refused to pay the $10.20 fare after reaching his destination at Normanton Park. According to his father, the man had got on the cab near Boat Quay and appeared to be drunk.

When his father made a police report, the police told him that they could not help, said the STOMPer.

STOMPer Justin wrote:

On May 17, my dad, who is a taxi driver, came back home after an ugly encounter with a drunk passenger.

"As shown in the police report, my dad picked up this Caucasian from around Boat Quay.

"Upon reaching his destination at Normanton Park, the drunk passenger unreasonably refused to pay the fare.

"He then argued, saying 'Why should I pay?'

"My dad then told him that he will call the police if he refused to pay the fare and he challenged my dad to 'carry on'.

"Two policemen arrived on the scene five minutes after my dad called the police.

"However, all they did were to find out what happened and recorded my father's ID and told him to go to the police station the following day to make a report.

"They never even tried to look for and question the passenger, who by then was in his house.

"After my dad made the police report, they told my dad that they cannot do anything to help also.

"Throughout this incident, the police did not even try to contact the passenger.

"My dad, who has no details of the passenger, also cannot seek help from his company.

"We did not post this story because we want him to pay up.

"The issue of the money is small, but, in this case, if even the police cannot do anything, then what are the taxi drivers going to do if this type of incident happens more?

"I believe this could happen to any taxi driver in Singapore.

"The sad thing here is that the passenger got off so easily, while my poor dad does not even know what else he can do."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More this case will happen since the stomper post like this that police bo chap.
All passenger will think they can get way and nothing happen.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't apply to FTs only. Little known fact that if you go to a restaurant and eat and don't pay, police cannot arrest you. Police will only ask you to give your particulars to the restaurant owner and ask the owner to take you to SCT.

This Urban Jungle
Posted on 29 Aug 2011

Drunk FT refuses to pay $10.20 taxi fare but police say they can't help cabbie

Enraged
92%
Shiok!
1%
LOL!
2%
So sad
2%
Sure or not?
0%
Bochup
3%

STOMPer Justin's father, who is a cabby, encountered this man who reportedly refused to pay the $10.20 fare after reaching his destination at Normanton Park. According to his father, the man had got on the cab near Boat Quay and appeared to be drunk.

When his father made a police report, the police told him that they could not help, said the STOMPer.

STOMPer Justin wrote:

On May 17, my dad, who is a taxi driver, came back home after an ugly encounter with a drunk passenger.

"As shown in the police report, my dad picked up this Caucasian from around Boat Quay.

"Upon reaching his destination at Normanton Park, the drunk passenger unreasonably refused to pay the fare.

"He then argued, saying 'Why should I pay?'

"My dad then told him that he will call the police if he refused to pay the fare and he challenged my dad to 'carry on'.

"Two policemen arrived on the scene five minutes after my dad called the police.

"However, all they did were to find out what happened and recorded my father's ID and told him to go to the police station the following day to make a report.

"They never even tried to look for and question the passenger, who by then was in his house.

"After my dad made the police report, they told my dad that they cannot do anything to help also.

"Throughout this incident, the police did not even try to contact the passenger.

"My dad, who has no details of the passenger, also cannot seek help from his company.

"We did not post this story because we want him to pay up.

"The issue of the money is small, but, in this case, if even the police cannot do anything, then what are the taxi drivers going to do if this type of incident happens more?

"I believe this could happen to any taxi driver in Singapore.

"The sad thing here is that the passenger got off so easily, while my poor dad does not even know what else he can do."

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st thing - The Singapore Prooler is useless.
2nd thing - The person who do want to pay is a FT, in SG everyone know the Goverment LOVE FTs... So dare not offend them..