• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former millionaire now sleeps at Changi airport

jw5

Loyal
The story is sad at the personal/humanitarian point of view.
It also show 2 things
-that the Women's Charter will get many men into financial difficulties and
is very unfair to men.It will contribute to more men looking to marry overseas
or marry foreign spouses.More S'pore ladies will end up old and unmarried .
-poor financial planning.
A person who was worth S$15 million at one time never have to end up like
this.He could have easily set aside say $1 million(6.6% of his wealth) to buy
an annuity that will pay him around $4,000 a month for life. He could also
have set aside some money to buy a nice house in a foreign country nearby .
Together with his annuity, he could be enjoying life and maybe playing golf
overseas instead of suffering in this little red dot.
2 lessons:
1. Never "dedicate" your life to women.
2. Always be prudent and not aggressive or greedy where money is concerned.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I believe the good Lord has His reasons for everything," he said.

Another imbecile who believe in fairy tales. What reason? The only possible reason is that lord is a psychotic sadist. When will these idiots wise up to the true nature of their Lord or God.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Done wrong things, mistakes are which most people made, difference is whether they made it honestly or intentionally.

To do evil things, you must have the power and talents of Adolf Hilter, Mao Zedong, Saddam Hussien or the President of United States. Then the mistakes you made would be too BIG to be "honest" and the number of people who died as a result will sure make you evil.

Must have done many evil thingy in the past, i bet you

Last edited:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
any way, he should seek help instead of being silence. ask the reporter to go with him and ask for helps from the mayor, charity org, welfare dept., etc. publish his stories big, no matter whether he could get helps from these or not, sure the kind-hearted singaporean will make him living a better life.

Imagine how much he had paid taxes when he was rich. Now in the state, he should have ask some back from the taxpayer.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Making Money is Hard, Keeping them is even Harder".-old ah pek sayings.

Knowing a saying is good, but knowing why people say that is even more important.

Ego, greed and stupidity are the main reasons. Men always have that ego thing. Women not so much, but even if they do it is not too common, some of them are at least a bit suppressed and not so direct about it compared to men who show it more, even to the extent of showing their true ugliness (let alone their bladder faces) and hurting and disparaging others just to make themselves heard. Sometimes I wonder how they can achieve Sainthood let alone Buddhahood. Didn't Buddha and even God say a man should have "no me" and live to serve and help others?

I think for these ugly, inferior and insignificant miscreants what goes around comes around.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Pek is no saint nor sage, not god or Buddha. But Ah Pek knows that :

"Money no matter how much will never be enough, the greedy rich could always use a few dollars more."

"Possessions harded earned, parts easy."

"Years of toil and efforts invested gets destroyed, stolen or lost overnight."

"Nothing can be owned forever, either it parts with the owner or the owner parts with it."

Come to this world with nothing. leaves with nothing."

"In the end, nothing is gained and nothing is lost - Law of Physics"

Knowing a saying is good, but knowing why people say that is even more important.

Ego, greed and stupidity are the main reasons. Men always have that ego thing. Women not so much, but even if they do it is not too common, some of them are at least a bit suppressed and not so direct about it compared to men who show it more, even to the extent of showing their true ugliness (let alone their bladder faces) and hurting and disparaging others just to make themselves heard. Sometimes I wonder how they can achieve Sainthood let alone Buddhahood. Didn't Buddha and even God say a man should have "no me" and live to serve and help others?

I think for these ugly, inferior and insignificant miscreants what goes around comes around.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The egoistic women I seen in SG are worst, you would be right if you made your assumption that "suppressed" if correct for some societies but not in SG-they appeared subtle but their ego is bigger than men.