• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Building foundations sit on piles which were driven into the ground until it set (hit something hard)
Piles are joined in long lengths as long as they can still be pushed in.
Ground beams and columns do not sit on top or subsoil. It has nothing to do with reclaimed land.

You are right, high rise buildings are supported by piles driven into the ground until it hits the solid stratum.
But when the reclaimed land begin to settle and consolidate slowly, which may take up to 20 years, the whole reclaimed area will be extremely undulating and the roads and drains, including some low rise building will all be damaged.
The Marina South and Marina Bay area was left to settle for about 20 years before construction began.
If you have been to the Jalan Eunos Industrial area where the low rise HDB terrace factories and the auto workshops are, you'll noticed some pavement around the buildings had sunk by one foot and 2 steps up became 3 steps up.
It was because that area was reclaimed from a big swamp and build over almost immediately with low rise buildings.
Anyway, those terrace factories are all due to be demolished very soon.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be surprised at the number of ignorant Singapore-dollar earners in Singapore ( regardless of which nationality they are from )

Got Singaporean snap up @1,400psf meh ? I thought people are a calling the developers " Xiao " ( mad ) instead .:mad:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought Princess Cove...
Guess I am a sucker..

Actually it seems that for some people who are more critical of Iskandar, very likely in their view any SG buyers are suckers regardless of which batch of buyers they are.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it seems that for some people who are more critical of Iskandar, very likely in their view any SG buyers are suckers regardless of which batch of buyers they are.

yup, most just anyhow hamtam without real ground knowledge.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen many of them who used to stay in Iskandar but move back to Singapore cos they either cant face the heat or tahan the jam. Then after that in order to justify their own move they put down anyone buying of staying in Iskandar. How can iskandar be a lousy place to stay when massage is half the price of Singapore and you live like a king during weekends?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen many of them who used to stay in Iskandar but move back to Singapore cos they either cant face the heat or tahan the jam. Then after that in order to justify their own move they put down anyone buying of staying in Iskandar. How can iskandar be a lousy place to stay when massage is half the price of Singapore and you live like a king during weekends?

Before I moved over I also wondered how anyone can tahan the jam.....now I don't wonder anymore since I am tahaning the jam everyday...LOL! My travelling time is now average 1.5 hours each way, though sometimes lesser sometimes more...but considering many people in Singapore using public transport (change bus, transfer to MRT, walk) also take up an hour or more everyday...consider not too bad for me also lah...LOL!

Waltz

Before I moved over I also wondered how anyone can tahan the jam.....now I don't wonder anymore since I am tahaning the jam everyday...LOL! My travelling time is now average 1.5 hours each way, though sometimes lesser sometimes more...but considering many people in Singapore using public transport (change bus, transfer to MRT, walk) also take up an hour or more everyday...consider not too bad for me also lah...LOL!

1.5 hrs Drive or Public Transport?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just shows that there are many lousy impulsive Singapore investors are, buy already later don't like and bad mouth the place, real hypocrites, I never buy anything as I think through carefully, and with good planning, I don't even have to spend one dollar to invest in Johor and yet I still live like a king there every weekend, one can still do the half price massage there without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on property which have a big question mark.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss not everyone is as rich as you. When we all hit retirement age, we want to retire with a proper house in JB you know.. if u never buy a house and still want to rent when u are retired, where art thou gota get the money from?

That is why I always advise people around me to get a house in JB for yourself and another for rental income or if cant rent out just give to offspring because its so damn bloody cheap compared to our RM 2 million HDB

Just shows that there are many lousy impulsive Singapore investors are, buy already later don't like and bad mouth the place, real hypocrites, I never buy anything as I think through carefully, and with good planning, I don't even have to spend one dollar to invest in Johor and yet I still live like a king there every weekend, one can still do the half price massage there without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on property which have a big question mark.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right on this. A few times I tried to "TRY" the atrocious weekday jams by using Tuas @ 7am+ and I realise YES the Q is very very long but the Q just keeps going. The clearance is very fast unless in front got some blockage by selfish chap who tried to overtake but failed and their cars got struck in 2 lanes.

I tried for 4 consecutive days during the Super Peak Dec timing and realise at most 30-60 minutes I can clear both customs ( during super peak )

Don't dare to try weekends cos I try not to go in and out during weekends as I want to get used to living in JB and coming to Spore to work life ( or not even coming back to Singapore when I retire )

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss not everyone is as rich as you. When we all hit retirement age, we want to retire with a proper house in JB you know.. if u never buy a house and still want to rent when u are retired, where art thou gota get the money from?

That is why I always advise people around me to get a house in JB for yourself and another for rental income or if cant rent out just give to offspring because its so damn bloody cheap compared to our RM 2 million HDB

Aya I also make provisions for poor house retirement, I bought a HDB in Bukit Gombak, of all places, something like 3 to 4 stops to Kranji MRT, hop over Johor and rent a house for RM800 and retire. Any poor dishwasher cleaner retiree can do that.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are doing this because you are thinking that when you retire, Malaysia ( Iskandar ) will still be a backwater village with super ultra low property prices like now while Singapore is still the world bestest place and most valuable and high class country to stay in.

I advise people to buy 1-2 houses in JB for own stay esp when u are retired as an insurance because every month I see Singapore economy faltering along with manufacturing results. Keppel Cock, Semb Cock, SIA, PSA have all lost their global #1 positions and their monthly drop for over a year now is indeed scary. At tis rate our figures are dropping, its a matter of time before Singapore becomes MH370 ( disappeared and forgotten )

At the other side of Singapore, we see figures shooting up. Even as fucked up port like PTP can see healthy growth during super low oil prices and lousy global economy.

And I myself feel it as I spend 50% of my time in Spore and 50% in JB. So I am asking people to buy in JB because of the projections that we can conclude from all these stats that are reported in ST. The truth is, Singapore has lost its shine. Without MBS and RWS entering the fray, Singapore would have been fucked 5 years ago

Aya I also make provisions for poor house retirement, I bought a HDB in Bukit Gombak, of all places, something like 3 to 4 stops to Kranji MRT, hop over Johor and rent a house for RM800 and retire. Any poor dishwasher cleaner retiree can do that.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are doing this because you are thinking that when you retire, Malaysia ( Iskandar ) will still be a backwater village with super ultra low property prices like now while Singapore is still the world bestest place and most valuable and high class country to stay in.

I advise people to buy 1-2 houses in JB for own stay esp when u are retired as an insurance because every month I see Singapore economy faltering along with manufacturing results. Keppel Cock, Semb Cock, SIA, PSA have all lost their global #1 positions and their monthly drop for over a year now is indeed scary. At tis rate our figures are dropping, its a matter of time before Singapore becomes MH370 ( disappeared and forgotten )

At the other side of Singapore, we see figures shooting up. Even as fucked up port like PTP can see healthy growth during super low oil prices and lousy global economy.

And I myself feel it as I spend 50% of my time in Spore and 50% in JB. So I am asking people to buy in JB because of the projections that we can conclude from all these stats that are reported in ST. The truth is, Singapore has lost its shine. Without MBS and RWS entering the fray, Singapore would have been fucked 5 years ago

No, not exactly right about my views on Singapore, I am also moving properties out of Singapore, just that not into Johor at the moment. Investing in HDB is good, I bought mine resale at $530k or RM1.5m, if Iskandar and Johor really takes off, I can just sell and buy there. No need to rush.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is, Singapore has lost its shine. Without MBS and RWS entering the fray, Singapore would have been fucked 5 years ago

This is a damn good point....MBS and RWS are the strong influence of SG economy story of last 10yrs.....very much the reason property market go up so high so fast and enormous foreign interest.......

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo rides a bike via woodlands CIQ. Kudos to him for his sacrifices in return for his whole family's well being. They are overall enjoying life in Iskandar. It's all in your mind. Once u get used to commuting 2-4hrs to & from work. Many ppl in the world commutes from outside City to work taking afew HRs too round trip!

Hahaha...thanks for the encouragement and pat on the back Eric! :biggrin: Yep, my family members are definitely far happier now compared to when we were in Singapore. Not that we were miserable then, but we are definitely happier now. LOL! We are enjoying life in JB...everyday...compared to a few times in a month last time. Yesterday we just had late supper at MacDonalds...fish fillet meal for RM6.70...where to find in Singapore?:eek:

Today my bike travel was only 50min from JB home to office, even faster than some people take to travel from home to office within Singapore....that's what happens on a "very good" day compared to the average of 1.5 hours. As I said before, one of the reasons for the bad jams last month was the terrible way in which the Aetos officers handled the bikes, resulting in bikers having to encroach onto car lanes. After our minister visited suddenly the jams are gone....makes you wonder isn't it?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right on this. A few times I tried to "TRY" the atrocious weekday jams by using Tuas @ 7am+ and I realise YES the Q is very very long but the Q just keeps going. The clearance is very fast unless in front got some blockage by selfish chap who tried to overtake but failed and their cars got struck in 2 lanes.

I tried for 4 consecutive days during the Super Peak Dec timing and realise at most 30-60 minutes I can clear both customs ( during super peak )

Don't dare to try weekends cos I try not to go in and out during weekends as I want to get used to living in JB and coming to Spore to work life ( or not even coming back to Singapore when I retire )

For those Singaporeans who have flexible working hours, it would be most ideal condition to move to JB while earning Singapore dollars. Other than that...buying train tickets in advance is also a very good way to beat the causeway jams. I was tempted to do that, park a cheap MY bike at CIQ, take train, then hop on my bike parked at Woodlands checkpoint...but that is a hassle compared to just keeping my butt on my bike throughout..LOL! Moreover sometimes my bike journey can take less than an hour, whereas the bile-train-bike option would definitely take at least an hour each way as one needs ample time to board the trains.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the real issue with Singapore style. When problems come out then they do it. They never bother to foresee.

$100k a month salary is simply grossly overpaid la!

Hahaha...thanks for the encouragement and pat on the back Eric! :biggrin: Yep, my family members are definitely far happier now compared to when we were in Singapore. Not that we were miserable then, but we are definitely happier now. LOL! We are enjoying life in JB...everyday...compared to a few times in a month last time. Yesterday we just had late supper at MacDonalds...fish fillet meal for RM6.70...where to find in Singapore?:eek:

Today my bike travel was only 50min from JB home to office, even faster than some people take to travel from home to office within Singapore....that's what happens on a "very good" day compared to the average of 1.5 hours. As I said before, one of the reasons for the bad jams last month was the terrible way in which the Aetos officers handled the bikes, resulting in bikers having to encroach onto car lanes. After our minister visited suddenly the jams are gone....makes you wonder isn't it?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I sing the same song as you too! LOL! Whenever we have friends come over to visit us at home it's like the scales suddenly fell off their eyes and they "see" how life can be so much better than in Singapore. Some asked how much a condo cost in JB, a question that probably they never thought they would ask before. Some even ask whether we know of units available for sale....maybe we should double up as JB property agents. LOL! So we initiate our visitors to life in JB and how it is do-able, we drive them around and bring them to nice and cheap places to eat. But of course moving over to JB would have to make some lifestyle adjustments lah...cannot have your cake and eat it too....:wink: