• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign HR manager asks interview candidate "What is SAF"?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
CAQ will go dwn in history, 50ys time here will be an Indian Fishing Village
I think SG now is too big to fail.if fail is like Bear Stearns Lehmann Bros will cause shockwave to stock market. But later can recover also lah.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time paternalistic medicine. Dr say what you do what. No internet. Very hard to go medical library read complicated medical journal written in jargon. So nobody question just follow. Say thank you dr.

Later on got people write health books in simple plain language. People start to wise up. Question but still dunno enough to argue with dr. Dr say you do.

Cue dr google. Things changed liao.

If you just listen to whatever dr tell you and follow life will be easy and good for him or her.

But these days nobody respect dr anymore lah. All smarter than dr.
KNN correct Internet affected loctors rice bowl in a way KNN last time the chief driving instructor onllee once in a blue moon shared with my uncle some unknown tricks and he said cannot keep sharing with my uncle or else he will become not worth money aka Bay tart lui KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN correct Internet affected loctors rice bowl in a way KNN last time the chief driving instructor onllee once in a blue moon shared with my uncle some unknown tricks and he said cannot keep sharing with my uncle or else he will become not worth money aka Bay tart lui KNN
KNN also take note those msian on work permit are very scared whenever got new comers and they will not share standard operating procedures in fear they will lose their jobs KNN my uncle say lansai lo those sop ownself also can figure out onllee take more time KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has progressed a lot since the 1980s financially and in terms of wealth

I think thats because PAP has created a fixed deposit box for south east asian chinese to dump their excess wealth and profit in sinkie.
After that, they tried same formula on china chinese and mater on, CECA's. CECA's unfortunately prefer dubai or london. Maybe those on east coast may prefer sinkie due to shorter flight distance.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is worrying. The HR manager is so foreign that he don't know what is SAF.
How did the HR manager get his EP, PR or Citizenship?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite frankly, I wouldn't even bother writing the NS part in the CV. If the silly interviewer questions that 'gap', just reply casually and briefly. Or you can write a non-chronological CV.

Nobody in the private sector gives a shit about your NS stuff. Trust me on this.
Depends on your vocation. If you are a cook, medic, a pilot, an engineer in SAF, it makes lot of difference as compared to just storeman, a clerk or simply a PAPER GENERAL who has no added value to the outside world.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depends on your vocation. If you are a cook, medic, a pilot, an engineer in SAF, it makes lot of difference as compared to just storeman, a clerk or simply a PAPER GENERAL who has no added value to the outside world.

No one in the private sector cares. In the public sector or some shitty GLC, maybe they care. Don't forget to add your rank, vocation and notable accomplishments during your national slavery. :cool:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one in the private sector cares. In the public sector or some shitty GLC, maybe they care. Don't forget to add your rank, vocation and notable accomplishments during your national slavery. :cool:
Some local boss do, especially if their own son is also serving NS. I remember after my ORD and applied for a job in local SME, the boss immeidately offered me a job and we had a good chat about how his son was doing in NS.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some local boss do, especially if their own son is also serving NS. I remember after my ORD and applied for a job in local SME, the boss immeidately offered me a job and we had a good chat about how his son was doing in NS.

Well, maybe those from crappy local SMEs with NS siao on nutjobs as the hiring managers. In normal circumstances the private sector does not care.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, maybe those from crappy local SMEs with NS siao on nutjobs as the hiring managers. In normal circumstances the private sector does not care.
When you are new and with no experience, it doesn't really matter. I used the company as stepping stone to gain working experience and thereafter I stop indicating my 2 years of NS in my resume. You can't choose after fresh from NS.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same with promotion. Same with how other colleagues view you.

Of course must do your work. Lah. Be helpful etc.

But things like buying coffee once a week for whole office. Donuts. Xmas Starbucks gift cards for everyone.

This type of thing works lah. Nobody will say no one. Nobody will dislike it.

And be personal. Write a card say thank you for your hard work. Really enjoy working with you. Appreciate the help you have given me this year. Here's is a small token. Hope you can enjoy a cup of coffee with your family. Have a good Xmas and New Year.

All these things.....MUST DO one......

Be sincere lah. Those bozo really useless workers if they have some connection you also got to find some reason to thank them too cos they gonna be the managers.

DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRAP of saying "wah lau that type is CHEATING".

You want to win or not in life?
i need to learn how to play this game more. EQ too low

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite frankly, I wouldn't even bother writing the NS part in the CV. If the silly interviewer questions that 'gap', just reply casually and briefly. Or you can write a non-chronological CV.

Nobody in the private sector gives a shit about your NS stuff. Trust me on this.
I never put, got asked during interview actually for a role in Abbott. so...not really true. It is a way to make sure nothing is wrong with you medically and mentally that make you able to siam NS.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i need to learn how to play this game more. EQ too low
Yeah try it. Maybe once a month just buy some stuff for breakfast for office staff.

Or say hey i going buy bubble tea. Who wants? My treat.

Xmas maybe start with buying $20 starbucks gift card for manager or senior staff or key colleagues. Write them a personal xmas card. Then slip the Starbucks gift card with the xmas card. I have never seen anyone unhappy with that.

Remember people birthday. Get a small cake. Organize with staff. Get them all sign the birthday card. Break time or lumch time sing happy birthday.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story was related by NTUC deputy secretary-general Chee Hong Tat, who spoke on Thursday (July 22) at a virtual masterclass event by Human Capital Singapore on key trends impacting Singapore's economy.

Mr Chee said an important factor that affects the "lived experiences" of local workers is how their employers and HR managers treat them at work.
Chee Hong Tat can go get fucked.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually many of these games i learned from my time workingat the company.

I saw how the landmen when they come in would bring Tim Hortons donuts and coffee. When the guy come everyone so happy he coming into office.

My manager one day came to me and said oh you are busy. When you have time come to my office i have something i need to talk to you about. I thought oh shit. Something wrong? Maybe gonna get laid off liao. My experience in medicine is no one ever call you up like that for anything good. Always bad.

Anyways i was finishing up my work then about to go ans the manager came back and said "maureen and I have noticed you have been working very hard and helping with various departments and we would like to express our thanks and appreciation for your efforts." She passed me a card with a $100 visa gift card. She said "take your wife out for a nice dinner".

I fucking cried at my table after that. Thinking about it still makes me cry. Cos in my entire fucking life as a doctor i have never had such thanks and appreciation from the clinic or manager or head of department or whatever shit. It just doesnt happen. Not even in canada clinics and health care.

Xmas time president of company gives everyone xmas card. Mine had $200 cash in it. With a sticky note saying keep it quiet. Just wanted to say thank you for your work this year!"

Wah lau....

I did the same for my clinic assistant later on when i was practicing. And she also cried. She told me no one haa ever shown her appreciation before.

This was at the asian clinic. Boss is hongkie. Typical asians lah. Only highlight bad. Never praise and appreciate good one.

You want happy people working together. Good staff. You got to show them you care and you like them and encourage. Medicine unfortunately is full of nasty miserable shit.