• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foodage - great Singaporean programme!!!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sago ?

Sago lane is dead man street....used to be many undertakers there.

sago.jpg

sago+003.jpg

Is this the sago they were referring to ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: nil

if given a chance, i would want to live in the olden days. agreed, technology brought lots of new stuff to us. Ipad, internet, smartphones. but look around you. don't u think all people regardless of citizen or foreigners, are soulless due to these tech stuffs.

nowadays, people walk with their head tilted down, pressing their iphones. sit inside public transport, people watching movies. i even seem in hawker centres, that mummies feed their child, while the child is watching cartoons on the iphone. total zero communication btw mother and child. what the heck is this??

in the olden days, whenever people gather, there will be lots of chatting, catching up on each other etc. yes, people chat now,but its different. when people pass their driving test and tell u, u will reply 'ho say la! eh sai zai zha bor chiong liao!. now, its a 'i have pass my driving :smile:' and u simply reply 'liked' by clicking THE icon.

so tell me people, u like the olden days or current?
My maternal side all live in Chinatown area. Remember the place is very informal and all neighbors know each other. Can borrow Soya sauce, salt or sugar, etc. Can also walk into neighbors stall and play with neighbors' kids the whole day. Don't think can do these now.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like Dis ?

Ipad, internet, smartphones. but look around you. don't u think all people regardless of citizen or foreigners, are soulless due to these tech stuffs.

nowadays, people walk with their head tilted down, pressing their iphones. sit inside public transport, people watching movies. i even seem in hawker centres, that mummies feed their child, while the child is watching cartoons on the iphone. total zero communication btw mother and child. what the heck is this?

06.jpeg

3340_01.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sago ?

http://www.hsaba.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sago.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yQCrYDqtsJ8/S0hL3yf4euI/AAAAAAAAAgo/l5wIi6u1-m0/s400/sago+003.jpg[/IMG

[COLOR="blue"]Is this the sago they were referring to ?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]yes before the undertakers there were sago flour factories there....way before our time in the 1920s

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: nil

My maternal side all live in Chinatown area. Remember the place is very informal and all neighbors know each other. Can borrow Soya sauce, salt or sugar, etc. Can also walk into neighbors stall and play with neighbors' kids the whole day. Don't think can do these now.
Even when my family moved into HDB in the 70s it was still the same...community spirit very much alive....doors were usually left open during the day and neighbors visited each others home without announcement. Even relatives seemed to keep in contact more often...and to think communication tools were not as convienent then such as everyone having a mobile phone.